Post Whatever You Are Thinking At This Very Moment

I need a little self-indulgent rant. The guy who lives in the flat next to mine is perfectly nice and well-meaning but hugely overbearing. He keeps asking me out for drinks with his friends, none of whom I know, and him, who I've only spoken to when we've crossed paths in the corridor or laundry room. For me, that little scenario would be hugely awkward, but I'd let it go if he wasn't so persistent and pushy about it.

I had to answer the front door to one of his friends last night and even once I'd briefly said hi to them and shut the door to my flat he was calling through asking if I wanted to go out. I was in my dressing gown so clearly not in the mood, but when I tried to explain that I was staying in and chilling because I was tired he was like "well let us know if you want to, I never see you, you can't just be in here on your own all the time, haha!". I don't know whether it's just me, but I found that hugely obnoxious and irritating. I'm perfectly civil and friendly to him, but I don't feel the need to be besties just because we share a corridor, and I kind of resented the implication that I'm some kind of lonely hermit because I'm not constantly in his face all the time. I have my own life and hate feeling obligated to push myself into social situations I have no need or desire for just because he felt like being a patronising arse. I'm an introvert and part of the reason I wanted my own place was so I could indulge that once in a while without people pitying or judging me for it. Is this rational or am I just being massively chippy?

This honestly sounds like my worst nightmare of a living situation. It's not you, it's them.

Come on, there are so many nice things in life ahead, 'even' at the age of 36 :). And I know what I am talking about at 44....

There are many opportunities in life and so many second or third chances. And there are surprises. Who could dare to hope to ever hear such a great album like WPINOYB after all these years of waiting?

Heads up, svb ;-)

4 years to live then it is over. Turning 40 is the end and even Morrissey has stated that in an interview. When you become 40 it is like you become a part of one big blob of nothingness and you can no longer do the things you did and dress the way you loved to dress. Young people will give you looks and laugh behind your back and all the tragic people that you read about accused of weird crimes are in their 40's.
We can kid ourselves and pretend that we're still ok and good to go but deep down we know we are not when we have become 40 plus and I'm talking about everyone not just me. Sad facts are best served cold.

This honestly sounds like my worst nightmare of a living situation. It's not you, it's them.

Luckily we only really share a laundry room and corridor so our living spaces are totally separate but it'd be nice not to feel pressured and on edge about it. Everyone else in my block seems nice but generally minds their own business unless approached which is vastly preferable.

I need a little self-indulgent rant. The guy who lives in the flat next to mine is perfectly nice and well-meaning but hugely overbearing. He keeps asking me out for drinks with his friends, none of whom I know, and him, who I've only spoken to when we've crossed paths in the corridor or laundry room. For me, that little scenario would be hugely awkward, but I'd let it go if he wasn't so persistent and pushy about it.

I had to answer the front door to one of his friends last night and even once I'd briefly said hi to them and shut the door to my flat he was calling through asking if I wanted to go out. I was in my dressing gown so clearly not in the mood, but when I tried to explain that I was staying in and chilling because I was tired he was like "well let us know if you want to, I never see you, you can't just be in here on your own all the time, haha!". I don't know whether it's just me, but I found that hugely obnoxious and irritating. I'm perfectly civil and friendly to him, but I don't feel the need to be besties just because we share a corridor, and I kind of resented the implication that I'm some kind of lonely hermit because I'm not constantly in his face all the time. I have my own life and hate feeling obligated to push myself into social situations I have no need or desire for just because he felt like being a patronising arse. I'm an introvert and part of the reason I wanted my own place was so I could indulge that once in a while without people pitying or judging me for it. Is this rational or am I just being massively chippy/oversensitive? Ugh. GwtT out.

Can you tell the manager to tell him to back off?

Can you tell the manager to tell him to back off?

I probably could but I don't want to seem rude or risk the neighbour situation being even more awkward. I'll say something if he keeps it up though cos I really don't like the thought that people see me as some kind of shut-in just because I like my own space.

All of the rumours keeping me grounded
I never said, I never said
that they where completely unfounded......

There's some sort of mobile ministry that's set up camp one street away from my house and they're blasting through a megaphone various men screaming that God wants to reach out and contact me and that God loves me. They're also handing out free hot dogs. :straightface:

4 years to live then it is over. Turning 40 is the end and even Morrissey has stated that in an interview. When you become 40 it is like you become a part of one big blob of nothingness and you can no longer do the things you did and dress the way you loved to dress. Young people will give you looks and laugh behind your back and all the tragic people that you read about accused of weird crimes are in their 40's.
We can kid ourselves and pretend that we're still ok and good to go but deep down we know we are not when we have become 40 plus and I'm talking about everyone not just me. Sad facts are best served cold.

The 'you can no longer dress the way you loved to dress' bit broke my heart in a thousand little pieces... :tears::o:rolleyes:

I'm turning 40 next year, so I guess I'd better start turning over my entire wardrobe to the Salvation Army…

Don't do it, you will need most of it still :))

Come on, there are so many nice things in life ahead, 'even' at the age of 36 :). And I know what I am talking about at 44....

There are many opportunities in life and so many second or third chances. And there are surprises. Who could dare to hope to ever hear such a great album like WPINOYB after all these years of waiting?

Heads up, svb ;-)

Heads up, svb ;-)

I believe this with all my heart. As someone in his mid forties, these are the best times, and I thought I had good times in my 30's but they pale in comparison to now.

What a crock!

I bet the blissful owner of 4 houses doesn't have half the problems I have when moving...

No half-retarded prissy landlady on his back, for one...Lordy, give me patience and strength!

I hate when crazy (crazier?) people like the same songs I do.

I know it's stupid and childish to wish sudden death on people who stress you out and upset you for no reason, just because they're older selfish dimwitted annuitants...But I still do. :( (no, not you, silly.)

I'm surprised whenever I can't control these feelings...You think you've become a zen master but really the slightest thing turns you into an angry hot-tempered latino. (Hi Jesse! :) ).
It's in the blood, and will probably always be.
Oh, that's just annoying.

Nooooope. 11 PM and still angry. Still want to kill them.

...Especially her. Damn, Morrissey is right, there's nothing worse than a stupid WOMAN!!!

Oh I see light! I see light! I was blind. You're a good man. (sob)
-I don't suppose anyone has a sedative...? ...

Tags
* no social life frink advice artie lange awesome bitching blush bored brooms candies chat cheese with your whine? college is tough companionship complaining epiphany episiotomy friendships funny happy i think u stink just lust moaning never to be replaced rabid monkey sad suck my teeth sweet caroline wowzers
Back
Top Bottom