Post Whatever You Are Thinking At This Very Moment

Everything sucks today. :tears:

The guy helping me with the kittens said it's a heavy year for kittens and all the shelters and placement agencies are full. Adoption fairs only take kittens if they all have shots and are fixed. It's $55 a piece to fix a kitten unless I have them done at a feral cat shelter where it's $5, but they clip an ear. THey mark them like f***ing Meowschwitz. If I just give them to a shelter he says if they aren't adopted in five days they're euthanized. This is a disaster, everyone is ignoring me like the plague, it's not helping my kitten crusade either. Now Morrissey f***ing hates me.

I went to bed feeling utterly depressed over all this. I woke up with a headache.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who finds this distressing/depressing...though I feel weird saying that.

It's not just you. I cried while I was walking home from work today.

everything sucks today. :tears:

The guy helping me with the kittens said it's a heavy year for kittens and all the shelters and placement agencies are full. Adoption fairs only take kittens if they all have shots and are fixed. It's $55 a piece to fix a kitten unless i have them done at a feral cat shelter where it's $5, but they clip an ear. They mark them like f***ing meowschwitz. If i just give them to a shelter he says if they aren't adopted in five days they're euthanized. This is a disaster, everyone is ignoring me like the plague, it's not helping my kitten crusade either. Now morrissey f***ing hates me.

:c

it's not just you. I cried while i was walking home from work today.

:(

It's not just you. I cried while I was walking home from work today.

I'm trying to stay positive but it's been a bummer here too and consumed a lot of our conversation. I'm sure while we drive to Baltimore tomorrow (listening to nothing but Moz I'm sure!). But honestly, I truly believe it will all blow over in time.

Another one of my favorite groups is Screeching Weasel. For anyone interested, Google "Ben Weasel sxsw 2011" and you'll see. So many people said Bens career was over after that and while he did disappear for a couple months, he and a new band came back strong.

I'm trying to stay positive but it's been a bummer here too and consumed a lot of our conversation. I'm sure while we drive to Baltimore tomorrow (listening to nothing but Moz I'm sure!). But honestly, I truly believe it will all blow over in time.

One of my favorite music-making people died five years ago after years and years of lawsuits and accusations and health problems and self-destructive behavior, and I'm still really not over it.

I think we see our own lives and shortcomings reflected in the people we idolize (I'm OK using that word, I know not everyone is), and it can be hard to take when things go off the rails for them...no matter who's at fault.

One of my favorite music-making people died five years ago after years and years of lawsuits and accusations and health problems and self-destructive behavior, and I'm still really not over it.

I think we see our own lives and shortcomings reflected in the people we idolize (I'm OK using that word, I know not everyone is), and it can be hard to take when things go off the rails for them...no matter who's at fault.

Agreed. The whole thing is just a bummer too because it's just another thing to add fuel to the fire for people who hate him.

I'm not someone who walks between the raindrops of life or looks through the world with rose-tinted glasses. My primary fear was for Morrissey's health - don't know if he's out of the woods but the silence after the aborted tour was enough to make anyone anxious. Without health, there is nothing, and now that edge from silence and speculation is gone. My joy was killed re: the album, but I am happy when I listen to it. I think it will go down as a love/hate album for fans - more than any album to date, and critically as a career peak or nadir of the post-Maladjusted era (deserving or not, Quarry, by default will take that post-wilderness cake from an historical standpoint unless the next album tops it). I am so very happy Autobiography was released and was so successful, and some time ago, I resigned myself that if he never he records again, he's given us more than enough. I don't see this as a big deal in the cosmic scheme of things. Is it a bummer? Yes. Are people allowed to really take it to heart? Absolutely. Will it blow over? I am certain of it. What I wonder about is his reputation and his own internal processing of it. He takes things to heart. He took what that judge (re: Joyce) said to heart and shortly thereafter left England. I'm sure he does take all this to heart and this in turn circles right back to health. I believe he does operate on principles, some say old-fashioned ones. "I left my fingerprints somewhere - that's good enough. I am my own person - that's good enough. I stand my ground - that's good enough." (2002, The Importance of Being...) I respect those who stand their ground, I'd like to think I stand mine, but it does take its toll on mind and body as one gets older. And if this thing with David is a stand, it is simply not worth the stress. Morrissey, with a tear in my eye, I ask, can you forgive someone?

I'm not someone who walks between the raindrops of life or looks through the world with rose-tinted glasses. My primary fear was for Morrissey's health - don't know if he's out of the woods but the silence after the aborted tour was enough to make anyone anxious. Without health, there is nothing, and now that edge from silence and speculation is gone. My joy was killed re: the album, but I am happy when I listen to it. I think it will go down as a love/hate album for fans - more than any album to date, and critically as a career peak or nadir of the post-Maladjusted era (deserving or not, Quarry, by default will take that post-wilderness cake from an historical standpoint unless the next album tops it). I am so very happy Autobiography was released and was so successful, and some time ago, I resigned myself that if he never he records again, he's given us more than enough. I don't see this as a big deal in the cosmic scheme of things. Is it a bummer? Yes. Are people allowed to really take it to heart? Absolutely. Will it blow over? I am certain of it. What I wonder about is his reputation and his own internal processing of it. He takes things to heart. He took what that judge (re: Joyce) said to heart and shortly thereafter left England. I'm sure he does take all this to heart and this in turn circles right back to health. I believe he does operate on principles, some say old-fashioned ones. "I left my fingerprints somewhere - that's good enough. I am my own person - that's good enough. I stand my ground - that's good enough." (2002, The Importance of Being...) I respect those who stand their ground, I'd like to think I stand mine, but it does take its toll on mind and body as one gets older. And if this thing with David is a stand, it is simply not worth the stress. Morrissey, with a tear in my eye, I ask, can you forgive someone?

Well put. :)

I really needed to read this right now, BG. Thank you for taking the time to write it.

Because of poor Morrissey's plight? Boo f***ing hoo. If you're totally okay with the idea of David being threatened, then go post on AYNIM, you crybaby.

No, I'm not OK with the idea of anyone being threatened. I find the entire situation emotionally overwhelming—the hate, the nastiness, the inability to be kind and the unwillingness of people to forgive. It's upsetting, and it stirs up a lot of personal issues for me. Sometimes, when people are upset, they cry. That's just life.

I don't know why you would have a problem with me or feel the need to call me names, but I'm sorry if I inadvertently said something that hurt you.

No, I'm not OK with the idea of anyone being threatened. I find the entire situation emotionally overwhelming—the hate, the nastiness, the inability to be kind and the unwillingness of people to forgive. It's upsetting, and it stirs up a lot of personal issues for me. Sometimes, when people are upset, they cry. That's just life.

I don't know why you would have a problem with me or feel the need to call me names, but I'm sorry if I inadvertently said something that hurt you.

Get over it, sweetpea.

Last edited by a moderator:
I find the statements I make about me dear and true. I find the statements made about the statements I make about me are just keystrokes.

If anyone's wondered where I've gone (not likely) I'll be at Costco drowning my sorrows in a slab of cheese pizza.

I have a UTI so my doctor prescribed Cipro. Also last night I got only a few hours sleep. So tonight I went to bed at 10ish. I get a call about a half hour ago from a tenant who was locked out of complex to be let in...it was like the most difficult transaction ever for my body to get out of bed and walk down a bunch of stairs. I don't know if she caught me in the middle of a REM cycle or of it's the Cipro, but I am SO tired and slightly confused it's alarming. Gnight again. Take your keys w you into alley.

BuIKwMXIEAAanCi.jpg

Is this really the house where Morrissey met Johnny Marr? I wonder if the dog door is new? The windows look new, they don't look like let in much of a breeze though. :squiffy:

We'd call this a condo or duplex in America since there's a shared wall, houses are freestanding.

Tags
* no social life frink advice artie lange awesome bitching blush bored brooms candies chat cheese with your whine? college is tough companionship complaining epiphany episiotomy friendships funny happy i think u stink just lust moaning never to be replaced rabid monkey sad suck my teeth sweet caroline wowzers
Back
Top Bottom