Post Whatever You Are Thinking At This Very Moment

Also check EVERYTHING on tenant applications. Everything. People lie like crazy on applications, it's hilarious. If your credit reporting agency verifies their last two addresses, you still have to drive to those addresses and see if they are legit. I've had people apply using the addresses of churches and UPS stores and previous tenancy. THey'll get friends to act as managers and employers, they'll use fake IDs. Anytime someone is DESPERATE to move in, something's off. If they offer cash, something's off. If they call back every day to check up on the application, something's off. Desperation is 9 times out of ten a very bad sign. THey are likely being evicted and trying to get into a place before the eviction goes on record. Also under no circumstance accept people with felonies on their record.

And finally, the biggest perk of being a landlord is it allows me the freedom to do my art. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to play Ori and the Blind Forest, but I don't want to buy an XBox. :p

cool and thanks. we already own commercial property in downtown annapolis though id really like him to sell as hes been offered a butt load for the business and property so as to building maintenance/insurance we got that down i think (especially in a historic capital city read nightmare of paperwork) and everyones certified and working for a company already so no worries there about maintenance repair. i will be doing all the background checks and im hoping my psych background will help to deal with tenants though i will make sure to advertise as family friendly as ive heard that in other places as well. i already have nothing but time which is sorta why im taking this on. the property tax issue though is a killer here and is why im not buying in baltimore and i really need to refresh on my specific tax issues and insurance. especially the insurance as i only sorta know the commercial side of things. we wont be doing month to month but at least one will be a duplex. i dont know, well see how it goes. im not at all in need of any more steady income but i do want something to do and buying property just seems like the smartest investment with our money.

if you ever get to annapolis which seems unlikely as your almost as far away as you can get stop by. that said dont ever go to annapolis as you will hate it. hate it to death. a very pretentious rich foolish place and the naval cadets are just horrible. i hate mids though i guess theres been an exception or two. really im just looking for the experience as this will just be a little project for me to see if i like doing it and if itll change me at all. my life is nothing but free time to explore. when i had a job rachel made me quit it as she wont let me work and this way i can take care of tha baby and maybe still have something else to mind.

p.s. i will never be a slum lord. i grew up in section eight housing so i know what its like to live in those conditions and wont be doing that to anyone ever especially children.

I
cool and thanks. we already own commercial property in downtown annapolis though id really like him to sell as hes been offered a butt load for the business and property so as to building maintenance/insurance we got that down i think (especially in a historic capital city read nightmare of paperwork) and everyones certified and working for a company already so no worries there about maintenance repair. i will be doing all the background checks and im hoping my psych background will help to deal with tenants though i will make sure to advertise as family friendly as ive heard that in other places as well. i already have nothing but time which is sorta why im taking this on. the property tax issue though is a killer here and is why im not buying in baltimore and i really need to refresh on my specific tax issues and insurance. especially the insurance as i only sorta know the commercial side of things. we wont be doing month to month but at least one will be a duplex. i dont know, well see how it goes. im not at all in need of any more steady income but i do want something to do and buying property just seems like the smartest investment with our money.

if you ever get to annapolis which seems unlikely as your almost as far away as you can get stop by. that said dont ever go to annapolis as you will hate it. hate it to death. a very pretentious rich foolish place and the naval cadets are just horrible. i hate mids though i guess theres been an exception or two. really im just looking for the experience as this will just be a little project for me to see if i like doing it and if itll change me at all. my life is nothing but free time to explore. when i had a job rachel made me quit it as she wont let me work and this way i can take care of tha baby and maybe still have something else to mind.

p.s. i will never be a slum lord. i grew up in section eight housing so i know what its like to live in those conditions and wont be doing that to anyone ever especially children.

Cool. Yeah I'm not a big fan of pretentiousness. Do I like a quality car or watch or design? Yes. Do I like people flaunting their riches like assholes? No.

Also get a minimum 500k deductible on your structural insurance policy.

I

Cool. Yeah I'm not a big fan of pretentiousness. Do I like a quality car or watch or design? Yes. Do I like people flaunting their riches like assholes? No.

Also get a minimum 500k deductible on your structural insurance policy.

ok ill check that out with the partner. we had to file a couple of claims when we got hit by that earth quake not long ago as it cracked our chimney. strange day (wonder how that movie holds up)

you would so hate annapolis then. i mean, the store is located on a street called ego ally next to the naval academy, right on the waterfront though which is beautiful, if that gives you any idea (then take said idea and double dare it to suck a little more). i hated it so much, rachel made us move there as she grew up there a some when she was small, that i went a bit nuts and just had to leave as it was just confrontation after confrontation and i just hated it. it really is charming to look at though in the snow and its saving grace was the st johns campus which is the only place i ever made any friends. i got to choose the next place and left hurriedly for baltimore.

ive not yet figured it out how to talk about things that cost a bunch of money and how nice they are without seeming to show off. i mostly get anger back and a conversation about something else. its like with cars, i hated people who constantly talked about cars but not about the engineering or anything i imagined to be significant so i went anti car as a child and just never looked back. now rachel is encouraging me to buy one but when i ask about the differences or which to buy all i get is anger and no suggestions. i thought it might be fun now that im grown to join in perhaps once and so i asked which people would choose, acura or bmw, and only one person has ever answered honestly. lots answer back with nastiness. dont know what im doing to warrant it as im mostly just straight forward, ive no incentive to be otherwise. i find it weird.

so rachel is sell old artwork of mine and its kinda a bummer but at least i dont have to hear about it again and might make two bucks (probably two cents). an example from like five years ago as i stopped doing this and went back to writing more and more. im better at that. anyway done in one sitting in a ten hour period with nothing in mind. used red only because the black ran out

image_zpsdeztzapr.jpg

damn. oh well

Have you ever tried scratchboard? I pulled out an old portfolio the other day and saw some scratch practices...each board is a couple bucks, you can get a set of styluses (stylii?) for about $20...your art style seems to suit it. You literally scratch away the black overcoat to reveal the white, but it's fun for texture and crosshatching. It's a way to mindlessly doodle, but more aggressively because you're scraping the paper so it's strangely cathartic. I did these fifteen years ago. Any art supply store has the stuff.

16372590784_65551f9719_b.jpg

16808771469_8156c1e7a8_b.jpg

I think Morrissey is happy because he's getting laid. My nextdoor neighbor just came home with a girl. He's a total tool too, not sure how he scores the hawt babes. I guess there are tool girls too.

*commencing watching The Alamo with my headphones on and the air conditioner full blast so at least my exterminator has an awesome day tomorrow when I give him my review*

Have you ever tried scratchboard? I pulled out an old portfolio the other day and saw some scratch practices...each board is a couple bucks, you can get a set of styluses (stylii?) for about $20...your art style seems to suit it. You literally scratch away the black overcoat to reveal the white, but it's fun for texture and crosshatching. It's a way to mindlessly doodle, but more aggressively because you're scraping the paper so it's strangely cathartic. I did these fifteen years ago. Any art supply store has the stuff.

16372590784_65551f9719_b.jpg

16808771469_8156c1e7a8_b.jpg

no never tried it but part of the process is to limit the use of tools. i think thats done on the back of an old wrap shop menu we owned for a min while in college but i do really love negative space. there are a couple of different styles i employ. thats a kinda in the middle one for density though i was into doing a series of people attaching themselves to others like parasites sometimes in good ways and sometimes in scary ways. some are very pointillist while some look like just black pages with one or two white lines until you turn on the illumination and the pattern emerges. im not really that into it but there was a time when i did none a day so they just sorta pile up. i need to be doing something while im hanging out or i get a little stir crazy. they all look like an adult drawing a childs nightmare though which rachel finds creepy and all have very specific symbolis to them. that ones about a certain girl i could not get away from. i sorta moved to get away and still had to take out a restraining order against her. anyway it doesnt matter now as theyre all in frames and gonna go soon which feels a bit weird but oh well. i like the one with the head in with the eyes looking stage left but i feel like ive seen that image somewhere though im probably just having a moment of false recall. all the lines look nice though and consistently spaced though and the cross pattern and direction lines are also good. sometimes i just make smudge or a random line and see what i can make out of it. if the image at the end doesnt surprise me then ive done something wrong. eh im out of that though and liuke i said am attempting as novel id actually let my family read though i may use a pseudonym and just never tell them. for them to see me that way exposed would possibly kill me. sounds like we both have some time on our hands to pursue interests

Just stumbled upon this information

"The Swiss Cancer Research, which is mainly located in the Lausanne area, is one of the best in the world."

Mmmh ...

no never tried it but part of the process is to limit the use of tools. i think thats done on the back of an old wrap shop menu we owned for a min while in college but i do really love negative space. there are a couple of different styles i employ. thats a kinda in the middle one for density though i was into doing a series of people attaching themselves to others like parasites sometimes in good ways and sometimes in scary ways. some are very pointillist while some look like just black pages with one or two white lines until you turn on the illumination and the pattern emerges. im not really that into it but there was a time when i did none a day so they just sorta pile up. i need to be doing something while im hanging out or i get a little stir crazy. they all look like an adult drawing a childs nightmare though which rachel finds creepy and all have very specific symbolis to them. that ones about a certain girl i could not get away from. i sorta moved to get away and still had to take out a restraining order against her. anyway it doesnt matter now as theyre all in frames and gonna go soon which feels a bit weird but oh well. i like the one with the head in with the eyes looking stage left but i feel like ive seen that image somewhere though im probably just having a moment of false recall. all the lines look nice though and consistently spaced though and the cross pattern and direction lines are also good. sometimes i just make smudge or a random line and see what i can make out of it. if the image at the end doesnt surprise me then ive done something wrong. eh im out of that though and liuke i said am attempting as novel id actually let my family read though i may use a pseudonym and just never tell them. for them to see me that way exposed would possibly kill me. sounds like we both have some time on our hands to pursue interests

I thought of this when I saw yours:

the-cramps-album-cover-sm.jpg

It's good doodle action. :thumb:

cool dont own any cramps albums though i like them alright and yeah i could see some similarities to that picture. others are different though and use a lot of popping lines if you know the term, you probably do, while some are are very dense and just look like black pages until the reveal. those are the hardest to do as im using a .05 micron so filling a page with that can take a lot of time and effort in the line work. my real inspiration came for a process was a punk zine in la i think that had a drawing of sid. when he was doing the pic with a quill he spilled the ink and made an excellent pic out of the unintentional spill. i really liked finding something in randomness and bringing it to order and the reveal direction it would take my sub concious. from there i just tried a bunch of different methods

Awesome artwork anon and CrystalGeezer! Going to see if I can source some of that scratchboard, it looks cool.

thanks. i dont do it much anymore as my focus went back to something else. i also miss many of my more romantic artistic friends as all im surrounded by these days are medical professionals of one sort or another. maybe ill scan them before getting rid of them. cant believe that thought only just occurred to me. im tech stupid

Tags
* no social life frink advice artie lange awesome bitching blush bored brooms candies chat cheese with your whine? college is tough companionship complaining epiphany episiotomy friendships funny happy i think u stink just lust moaning never to be replaced rabid monkey sad suck my teeth sweet caroline wowzers
Back
Top Bottom