Post Whatever You Are Thinking At This Very Moment

:sleeping:

Last edited by a moderator:
The clock is 9.20 am on a sunday and I've been in the office for almost an hour soon. It's official; my life sucks!

I've probably spent about 8 hours just writing and writing today for my Psychology A-Level and none seems to have of it has gone in. The exam is on Tuesday and I'm an idiot because I didn't start revising early enough. So I kind of know how you feel.

I've probably spent about 8 hours just writing and writing today for my Psychology A-Level and none seems to have of it has gone in. The exam is on Tuesday and I'm an idiot because I didn't start revising early enough. So I kind of know how you feel.

Anything particular within psychology you have the exam on?

Anything particular within psychology you have the exam on?

Well, there's three main topics (Schizophrenia, Research Methods and Addiction), and I have to be prepared to explain and evaluate any part of those topics that might come up (Research less so, that's more common sense really). It's mostly explanations and treatments within different approaches.

Well, there's three main topics (Schizophrenia, Research Methods and Addiction), and I have to be prepared to explain and evaluate any part of those topics that might come up (Research less so, that's more common sense really). It's mostly explanations and treatments within different approaches.

Oh god, that's the boring parts of psychology! It's only theory that's interesting.

Oh god, that's the boring parts of psychology! It's only theory that's interesting.

Yeah, the only bit I find properly interesting is the psychodynamic explanations of Schizophrenia, but apart from that it's as dull as dishwater. Still, I don't have it as bad as I did this time last year- for my AS exam I had to learn 6 topics as opposed to three, and it was awful. Can't remember a single thing from that exam except that I pretty much left one essay blank.

That's easy. When they ask about explanations, just say "Mind babies. End of story." and when they ask about treatment say "Usually a nap helps. And a snack." :D

That's easy. When they ask about explanations, just say "Mind babies. End of story." and when they ask about treatment say "Usually a nap helps. And a snack." :D

You're going to revolutionize psychiatry. :p

Ha, I'll use that as my back-up plan if I forget anything (which I probably will). 'Delusions' (explained by difficulty processing surplus information according to the cognitive approach, boom) are basically 'mind-babies' in theory anyway. :D

Yeah, the only bit I find properly interesting is the psychodynamic explanations of Schizophrenia, but apart from that it's as dull as dishwater. Still, I don't have it as bad as I did this time last year- for my AS exam I had to learn 6 topics as opposed to three, and it was awful. Can't remember a single thing from that exam except that I pretty much left one essay blank.

I don't actually find studying deseaces very interesting. I think it's more interesting to study the mind of someone who would be consider healthy by most people.

where did you get "Mind babies" from?

You know who came up with that? The poster yesitis. I am completely indebted to him for that as I perfectly describes a thought that you raise and nurture in your head like a baby.

I don't actually find studying deseaces very interesting. I think it's more interesting to study the mind of someone who would be consider healthy by most people.

Yes, individual case-studies of that kind tend to be more interesting. One of the topics in the book that we could have done if we were studying the other side of the course was parapsychology; what causes people to believe in the paranormal and so on. I would have loved to do that.

Ha, I'll use that as my back-up plan if I forget anything (which I probably will). 'Delusions' (explained by difficulty processing surplus information according to the cognitive approach, boom) are basically 'mind-babies' in theory anyway. :D

Bingo!

You're going to revolutionize psychiatry. :p

I know, right? :p

Yes, individual case-studies of that kind tend to be more interesting. One of the topics in the book that we could have done if we were studying the other side of the course was parapsychology; what causes people to believe in the paranormal and so on. I would have loved to do that.

I think that the whole !Viva Hate! thing is quite interesting actually. I think it's interesting to see the effect he has on the rest of the group and the collective unconcious. I've written my thesis on the psychological process in apocalyptic suicide cults by the way :lbf:

Tags
* no social life frink advice artie lange awesome bitching blush bored brooms candies chat cheese with your whine? college is tough companionship complaining epiphany episiotomy friendships funny happy i think u stink just lust moaning never to be replaced rabid monkey sad suck my teeth sweet caroline wowzers
Back
Top Bottom