What concert/show are you going to go to next?

Yo La Tengo this Friday. Spoon May 30th at the Wiltern. I'm going to test how many other musicians I think I'm devotedly in love with. :straightface: Maybe Brummieboy is Steve Malkmus? Maybe Kewpie is f***ing Chan Marshal?

malkmus would never be so ungracious. have fun, ive seen both those acts and both were better than the albums. especially spoon. on a pavement related tangent it just became so evident the he malkmus did everything in pavement (sorry spiral)

malkmus would never be so ungracious. have fun, ive seen both those acts and both were better than the albums. especially spoon. on a pavement related tangent it just became so evident the he malkmus did everything in pavement (sorry spiral)

I love that guy. Pavement introduced me to Calexico at an SF show in the 90s. Also Malk's solo song Deado I'd put on a Desert Island Disc.

Okay May will be busy.

May 1/2 are Sleater Kinney and The Decemberists.

May 5 Los Lobos

May 13 Elvis Perkins

Late May Spoon

And somewhere in there I think Neutral Milk Hotel and Neil Diamond, though I haven't secured those tix yet. :cool:

ALSO I may have not mentioned I caught five of the most f***ing incredible Built to Spill shows while on vacation. Gah. THey return in July. Troubiedoobedooooooooo, I got my tickets......:p

Also isn't there a Stones Show at Petco Park somewhere in there? I need to get a rawk calendar.

Okay I was losing my mind remembering the dates so I sat down and make a rawk calendar. :p I should probably print all my tickets while I'm thinking of it and my printer has all it's ink. :rolleyes:

17268060055_a601f6801f_b.jpg

I spelled Sleater wrong, I know. Nobody in my kitchen will notice but me. And Car Wash. I suspect he's good at spelling.
(I'm literally in the second to last row for Neil. There were front row tickets for $700. FTS.)

Old Farts Tuesdays! :p

Last edited:
Also April 28th Modest Mouse is doing a Jimmy Kimmel concert. The venue is outdoors, you can hear the show from Hollywood High field, there's no reason to be in the parking lot. I might stalk it. :cool:

I find trance music is a good way to cleanse yourself of the negativity caused by shitty lyrics and dull pop music. Works for me anyway. :)

Just saw The Jesus and Mary Chain last night at The Riv in Chicago
Have Noel G annd High Flying Birds later this month at The Riv

Phil and Dave Alvin and his band know how to rock a joint. Jesus. Los Lobos was on point too, complete w Thee Midniter action.

Super Furry Animals - oh I did last week twice, trimphant gigs in Cardiff. Really two of the best gigs I've been to

Prodigy - this week

The Fall - end of the month

loks like a good show and I hope they play little b1tch as I love that song. james are also fantastic, even the less good albums, and they put on a really good on point show.

sorry crytal I missed your reply. yes Id take malkmus face the truth almost anywhere as I think it his greatest achievement. Calexico are also pretty sweet but I used to get the name confused with bheulla like all the time (not spelled correctly but I don't care to look it up) even if the bands don't exactly sound alike. hes truly one of my heros and ive nothing but awe and respect for the man. loved hearing him do his song about baltimore

The other night I saw The Decemberists at The Greek and the show was INCREDIBLE. Colin Meloy was pretty talkative and mentioned that the Clippers won and we should be happy, it was happening while the concert was going on. My dad's a huge Clipper's fan, turn out my brother gave him his Game 7 tickets and HE WAS AT THE GAME! He said it was the most incredible basketball game he'd ever witnessed and may ever witness. It was a WIN/WIN night for the Barnett's. :p

The other night I saw The Decemberists at The Greek and the show was INCREDIBLE. Colin Meloy was pretty talkative and mentioned that the Clippers won and we should be happy, it was happening while the concert was going on. My dad's a huge Clipper's fan, turn out my brother gave him his Game 7 tickets and HE WAS AT THE GAME! He said it was the most incredible basketball game he'd ever witnessed and may ever witness. It was a WIN/WIN night for the Barnett's. :p

colin is in my top three of all time. seen them a bunch at this point and its always great. get the Tarkio omnibus double album if you don't own it already. put it on on a sunny afternoon and you wont be disappointed

Saw them in NYC last month. Loved it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbkZn-BrHbo&list=PLx7OzIA-nsBsrDBao0J2KBP-t9c4SlDhB

Last edited by a moderator:
Not going to I spose but last week saw Nick Cave (with odds and sods Bad Seeds and the incredible Warren Ellis). Quite something, something extraordinary in the modern world of music - definitely in my top 5 concerts ever.

colin is in my top three of all time. seen them a bunch at this point and its always great. get the Tarkio omnibus double album if you don't own it already. put it on on a sunny afternoon and you wont be disappointed

I saw that for sale and went for the owl poster. And a shirt apparently designed to fit an extra large child. :(

On the 17th I'm going to a CD release party at a hoity toity private house in Pasadena for the Ne'er Duwels. I mostly want to see what a virtuoso Irish uilleann piper has to offer in the crowntastic department. :p

The Replacements tonight, with Superchunk. First show I've been to that I haven't played since Johnny Marr in November. Long stretch for me!

Noel Gallagher this Wednesday night. Can't wait.

The replacements were phenomenal (Superchunk were great too, as always)

If they come to your area and you're a fan, go.
First time seeing Superchunk. Didn't realize bassist and drummer also play with Bob Mould of Husker Du fame.

Seen the 'Mats a few times. Always great seeing them although I was disappointed the show ended early. They stopped around 10:30ish when hard curfew for that venue was 11pm. I know it was the last gig for US tour and I know at least Josh and Paul were sick so I can at least understand partially....

Back
Top Bottom