What concert/show are you going to go to next?

I went and saw Fall Out Boy on Friday with my oldest son. They were excellent. A friend of mine is old pals with Pete Wentz so we got passes and awesome seats. What a great time! I can never thank said friend enough, it was such a treat.

10352756_10203013883401722_2076348727303142047_n.jpg

edit: Not sure why but when I try to post pics they always come out small like this. Oh well.

Last edited:
I went to a show last night that was pretty much totally unremarkable beyond the fact that my head is still spinning from all the beer and pot smoke.

A couple of nights prior, I saw a band, Pujol, play at a local record store. It was an alright show. I don't remember much about the first two bands, but Pujol played a very good set. I was lonely and felt anxious most of the time, though, since I was under the impression that my friend would be there, but she didn't show.

It cost $6. I couldn't afford one of Pujol's tapes because I spent all of my money on beer and admission.

Just saw Neko Case last night in Lowell, MA. Wonderful show. Probably our 5th or 6th time seeing her.

As the old lady and I were driving out of town we drove by the Lowell Memorial Auditorium, where Morrissey did a show in 1997. Memories....

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/tour/1997/lowell.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Steve Martin is incredibly talented. I'm tempted to come back tomorrow. Viva, you'd appreciate his quip when asked by other banjo players how he finds inspiration to write his songs, he said he sits down, he puts on a Bob Dylan album, and he copies the words and music note for note. :D

I think he and Edie Brickel are TOTALLY f***ing, though it means way more to her than him. I could be wrong. :p

I'm waiting at some museum for the cars around mine to leave. I paid more for stacked parking than I did the ticket. Great night. LOVED the song he did based on a WH Auden poem. Loved all of them.

Last edited:
wow i am ridiculously jealous of your fall out boy pic as theyre one of my fav fav bands. such a clever lyricist and very under appreciated by critics. "ive got troubled thoughts and the self esteem to match" is a contender for a tattoo im thinking. i love that phrase.

so im seeing the antlers play the 9:30 club two fridays from now and the wye oak the saturday following at the metro gallery in baltimore. should be fun but im really a fan off both bands previous albums/back catalog and am unsure of the antlers new one with the stylistic change and just flat out dont like the new wye oak record and there attempt to join the pitchfork elctro party. should have put mix tape somewhere in the title lol

wow i am ridiculously jealous of your fall out boy pic as theyre one of my fav fav bands. such a clever lyricist and very under appreciated by critics. "ive got troubled thoughts and the self esteem to match" is a contender for a tattoo im thinking. i love that phrase.

so im seeing the antlers play the 9:30 club two fridays from now and the wye oak the saturday following at the metro gallery in baltimore. should be fun but im really a fan off both bands previous albums/back catalog and am unsure of the antlers new one with the stylistic change and just flat out dont like the new wye oak record and there attempt to join the pitchfork elctro party. should have put mix tape somewhere in the title lol

Thanks! It was a great time...they put on a hell of a show. If I had to pick a top 20 favorite bands....I’d put them on it. And I’m in my 30’s and not a teenager. haha

Camera Obscura - Saturday
Veurca Salt - Tuesday
Ex Hex - Wednesday
Teenage Fanclub - Thrusday
Ex Hex, Teenage Fanclub, Bob Mould and Neutral Milk Hotel - next Saturday

:guitar:

tumblr_mzllwnwoOj1tppnj9o1_500.jpg

Thinking about going to see Echo and the Bunnyman at the Observatory where last I saw Morrissey. Planning on showing up 20 minutes before the show instead of 20 hours and not crushing my crushed neck this time, I'll be mellowtimes in the back. :cool: Haven't bought the ticket yet though.

Jimmy Cliff at the Hollywood Bowl tonight (afteall.) :cool:

I’m fairly certain I’m going to see Bob Mould in September in Philadelphia as well as possibly that Gaslight Anthem/Jimmy Eat World/Against Me! tour.

Echo & the Bunnymen in NYC on August 16. They are also playing the 17th but I usually only double up for Moz. :D

Are you enjoying the new record? I'll prolly see them in Philly. I guess the last time I saw them live was when they played Crocodiles and Heaven Up Here which was incredible. The tour in support of The Fountain was pretty rough.
Echo & the Bunnymen in NYC on August 16. They are also playing the 17th but I usually only double up for Moz. :D

I am just downloading it as we speak! Haven't had a listen yet.

I was sick for Ocean Rain at Radio City Music Hall which is still one of the biggest *musical* regrets of my life.

Are you enjoying the new record? I'll prolly see them in Philly. I guess the last time I saw them live was when they played Crocodiles and Heaven Up Here which was incredible. The tour in support of The Fountain was pretty rough.

Back
Top Bottom