What concert/show are you going to go to next?

i didnt think you were judging but i understand why you said that and appreciate the consideration of being clear. thats was the drug the song interesting drugs about right? i know marr said they smoked pot till it came out of there ears and that he thought it good for making music. im not really a drug person. i smoke but thats about it really as i dont drink and only take party drugs when i want to go stay in and have fun with some people. i would never take e and go anywhere. thats just seems like asking for trouble. i also dont need anything close to speed as ive enough energy as it is. my wife says she wants a big hamster wheel as it is in order to tire me out at night. never heard of mimicking birds but ya know i hope its all fun and what not. when i go to shows i wanna see the performance so i cant imagine why people would take drugs at a show. i dont even dance. i just stand stock still mesmerized for the most part

i didnt think you were judging but i understand why you said that and appreciate the consideration of being clear. thats was the drug the song interesting drugs about right? i know marr said they smoked pot till it came out of there ears and that he thought it good for making music. im not really a drug person. i smoke but thats about it really as i dont drink and only take party drugs when i want to go stay in and have fun with some people. i would never take e and go anywhere. thats just seems like asking for trouble. i also dont need anything close to speed as ive enough energy as it is. my wife says she wants a big hamster wheel as it is in order to tire me out at night. never heard of mimicking birds but ya know i hope its all fun and what not. when i go to shows i wanna see the performance so i cant imagine why people would take drugs at a show. i dont even dance. i just stand stock still mesmerized for the most part

Tomorrow some SLO friends are coming down for NMH and are staying at my place, but I'm secretly relieved our tickets are in separate areas so I can zen out and enjoy the show without having to make stupid chit chat. "I'll catch up with you after! I can't sneak forward the guard is giving me dirty looks! I'll meet you at the oak tree benches. Okay bye!" I already have my speech ready. :D

Looks like I'll be borrowing my boss's binoculars tonight. :straightface:

"Please Note: Per the band’s request, the Neutral Milk Hotel performance will not be shown on the Hollywood Bowl screens."

I've seen them a couple times in the past year..They'd rather play in total darkness with flashlights if they could.

Looks like I'll be borrowing my boss's binoculars tonight. :straightface:

"Please Note: Per the band’s request, the Neutral Milk Hotel performance will not be shown on the Hollywood Bowl screens."

I'll be seeing Stephin Merritt, Devendra Banhart and Iron & Wine at the Brooklyn Academy of Music tomorrow night. I'm interested to find out who will be playing first and how long each set will be.

My Pixies ticket fell through. Wondering if I should take the opportunity to see Paul McCartney for the first and probably last time the same night in San Diego, or spend $150 on a decent seat to see the Pixies on my own. Or say fukket and skip both shows and get some sleep.

I had all these plans to be the first in line to walk into the Fox so I could get a front row GA balcony seat to see Interpol. The door opened three minutes ago and I just got out of the shower and live 15 minutes away. I might as well just get dinner and a few non-gougey drinks and make it a leisurely night out. :D Whew.

If Interpol comes to your town, go see them. Good God. I'm so pissed I caught the second show, I would've gone to both. The crowd was nuts! But nuts happy. Soooo good live. They do crowd pleasers too, Evil, Turn on the Bright Light, C'mere, others...so good.

As I drove away there was a throng hanging around the bus like a bunch of Moz fans waiting for whatever the singer's name is. It was sweet. :sweet:

thinking about going to see weezer in philly. theyre gonna do the whole of the new album and i kinda wanna go see them as the last time i saw them was when they did the warped tour and played the green album. anyone else gonna go

I was three back.

15165284457_0b6d693052_z.jpg

The guardian angel that is my bladder said "Get out now." before this. :D

One of the encores was Cowboy Dan. Good God, night made. The set was perfect.

Last edited by a moderator:
Look at this photo of Paul my friend papped in SD. That sonuvabitch. I'm starting to think I picked the wrong concert tonight. :p

15199673597_0205bef816_z.jpg

Horrors Bristol 1st Oct
GOAT Bristol 2nd Oct

The Knife Brixton 6th Nov
Goldfrapp (with London Contemporary Orchestra and Will Gregory) Albert Hall 18th Nov

Morrissey Dublin 1st Dec
The Who Cardiff Dec
Gruff Rhys Cardiff Dec

Hoping to catch Interpol on one of their UK dates next year

thinking about going to see weezer in philly. theyre gonna do the whole of the new album and i kinda wanna go see them as the last time i saw them was when they did the warped tour and played the green album. anyone else gonna go

I love Weezer and think the new album will be decent, but have no desire to see this show. It’s $65 at the Troc? GTFO.

I love Weezer and think the new album will be decent, but have no desire to see this show. It’s $65 at the Troc? GTFO.

My friend just caught them and she said the show was "Meh." We saw them years ago at a fair and Rivers was super talkative and engaged with the crowd and they played tons of faves and she said the one she saw the other night wasn't like that.

Friday Pinback performs this album in it's entirety at the El Rey. It charted 196 on the Billboard 200 chart. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

I’ve seen them five times, which is the most times I’ve ever seen a larger act like that. The last time I saw them in 2011 they did a surprise encore of the Blue Album. I have no reason to see them again.

Within the last four days the chance to see Elton John, Tom Petty and Robert Plant within a 25 minute drive and I stayed home to facilitate the fappening. That is my commitment to the youth of today. :thumb: :D

I think jon's mad at me for going Pixies instead of McCartney last week and is still bitter I picked BTS at the Troubs over the Stones at Staples a few years ago. What can I say? Kokopelli leads me where I need to be. These old guys don't give me the crowny chords the indie bands I follow do. I still love their music though, it's just not as productive live.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom