What concert/show are you going to go to next?

The Replacements......both shows at The Riv-Chicago!

damn you im jealous lol. come back and tell me how it was as westerberg is also up there for me (im a fanatic). i failed to get in on the presale and missed the general cause im dumb. im trying to get second buyer tickets now as everything around here sold out in like seconds. hope they play androgynous. seriously, if you take pics or video please come back and share. its funny how people remember the eighties but this is more of what i like about it. oh yeah and enjoy

only tickets I've got on me at the moment are Primal Scream. saw them last time through (few and far between) and enjoyed it. Not huge on the last album but I'm sure they'll play deeper than that.

Mar. 7 - St. Vincent @ Upstate Concert Hall, Clifton Park, NY
Mar. 21 - Perfume Genius @ Columbus Theatre, Providence, RI
Mar. 23 - SWANS @ Union Transfer, Philadelphia, PA

Mar. 7 - St. Vincent @ Upstate Concert Hall, Clifton Park, NY
Mar. 21 - Perfume Genius @ Columbus Theatre, Providence, RI
Mar. 23 - SWANS @ Union Transfer, Philadelphia, PA

oh man come back and tell me how swans was as well if you remember. that should very cool

oh man come back and tell me how swans was as well if you remember. that should very cool
It'll be my third time seeing them. I'd see Swans every day for the rest of my life if I could. If you ever have an opportunity to attend one of their shows, DO IT. Michael Gira once described their live show as being "soul-uplifting and body destroying," which is pretty accurate. The volume and force of the music gives it a very physical quality, and the audience is basically pummeled with sound for three hours. It's totally exhausting, but also cathartic. The last two times I saw them I practically floated out of the venue afterwards, I was so contented.

The entire band hangs out after every show and they're all very approachable and wiling to talk, sign things, share a beer, etc. Even Gira. The two Swans shows I've attended are among the best concert experiences of my life. I can't wait to see them again.

It'll be my third time seeing them. I'd see Swans every day for the rest of my life if I could. If you ever have an opportunity to attend one of their shows, DO IT. Michael Gira once described their live show as being "soul-uplifting and body destroying," which is pretty accurate. The volume and force of the music gives it a very physical quality, and the audience is basically pummeled with sound for three hours. It's totally exhausting, but also cathartic. The last two times I saw them I practically floated out of the venue afterwards, I was so contented.

The entire band hangs out after every show and they're all very approachable and wiling to talk, sign things, share a beer, etc. Even Gira. The two Swans shows I've attended are among the best concert experiences of my life. I can't wait to see them again.

Noted.

Speaking of band hanging out after, I was walking back to my car after grabbing a bite AFTER the show last night and Gregory Alan Isakov was leaning against the wall outside the tour bus having a smoke. I could've just walked right up to him and said amazing show...but I get star struck or shy or something. I just can't do it. So I hoot from the back of the crowd, it's safer there.

Boz was playing a Polecats show at the Fonda once and I wanted to give him an old clarinet. He invited me to give it to him backstage at the show, I handed it to the guy at the door, I get overwhelmed and massively shy.

Swans is in town the same weekend BTS. I could catch the Observatory show if I'm not wiped out from the weekend. I'd be going in knowing NONE of their music, which is sometimes an amazing way to be introduced to a band...

Swans is in town the same weekend BTS. I could catch the Observatory show if I'm not wiped out from the weekend. I'd be going in knowing NONE of their music, which is sometimes an amazing way to be introduced to a band...
Their set is almost exclusively new, yet-to-be recorded material so you don't have to worry about not knowing any of the songs. Neither will anyone else there.

Their set is almost exclusively new, yet-to-be recorded material so you don't have to worry about not knowing any of the songs. Neither will anyone else there.

Okay, I'll try to check it out. :thumb: What's the crowd scene like? Is it moshing and meth? Pot and swaying? Booze and fighting? Hoards of hipster zombies feet planted firmly nodding their heads?

Okay, I'll try to check it out. :thumb: What's the crowd scene like? Is it moshing and meth? Pot and swaying? Booze and fighting? Hoards of hipster zombies feet planted firmly nodding their heads?
The people were very friendly at the two shows I saw. A good mix of young and old. Some hipsters, yes. Moshing is quickly quashed by the band, as Gira deplores it. GO.

Make sure you wear earplugs, though. Trust me, you'll want earplugs.

The people were very friendly at the two shows I saw. A good mix of young and old. Some hipsters, yes. Moshing is quickly quashed by the band, as Gira deplores it. GO.

Make sure you wear earplugs, though. Trust me, you'll want earplugs.

Okay, good advice.

In other news Jon is trying to rally to see Bob Seger this friday. Rock and Roll never forgets. :rock: I'm not paying more than a bill though. They're listing seats for $935. That shit better come with dinner and a movie at Bob's house before the show.

good times and i will if i get the chance. if you take any pics video throw it up as well and have fun

Royal Blood, at the good old Bridlington spa, on Saturday night,
vintage trouble at the 'new' Fibbers York, end of march,
and exodus in Manchester, don't no when, mates just got me a ticket, never heard any of their stuff!

got mudhoney tickets for my birthday. oh yeah i guess hedwig is next weekend

Back
Top Bottom