What concert/show are you going to go to next?

I was torn between seeing either Buzzcocks or Bob Mould on Friday but my band just got an offer for a show at an awesome venue in Philly called Boot and Saddle :guitar:

So glad I didn't buy tickets yet.

I was torn between those as well, plus NIGHT BIRDS are opening the Buzzcocks show and I’ve yet to see them. But there’s too much to do around the house since we just moved and all, so I have to pass.

Just randomly checked sold out modest mouse show on ticketmaster and got a GA pit.

Leo_original-strut-221x300.jpg

I almost forgot about Neutral Milk Hotel and The Breeders on the 18th at the Bowl! One time I forgot a Cat Power concert and was pissed for months. Even all day and night God was tryig to get my attention and I was like "la-dee-da-dee-da watching signs and listening to God" and the whole time God was screaming GET YER ASS TO THE SHOW YOU MORON!!! Lol.

I almost forgot about Neutral Milk Hotel and The Breeders on the 18th at the Bowl! One time I forgot a Cat Power concert and was pissed for months. Even all day and night God was tryig to get my attention and I was like "la-dee-da-dee-da watching signs and listening to God" and the whole time God was screaming GET YER ASS TO THE SHOW YOU MORON!!! Lol.

I've never forgotten like that...because an elephant never forgets you know :)

Sept 16: Public Enemy
Nov 12 & 15: Johnny Marr
Nov 26: Culture Club
Dec 2: Skinny Puppy

...and hopefully some Morrissey shows in there somewhere!!

I just watched Boy George reduce Queen Latifah to an ogling fangirl on her talk show. :D He looks good...except for the peace sign tattoo'd on his temple. It looks like the work of a night of alcohol and bad decisions.

Sept 18 Neutral Milk Hotel/The Breeders
Sept 22 Interpol
Sept 23 Modest Mouse
Sept 28 Pixies/Cat Power

September's going out with a BANG! :cool:

have lots of fun crystal. dont care for the breeders, interpol and cat power but neutral milk hotel and modest mouse will put on fantastic shows from my experiences. that is if brock doest have a meltdown on stage. if brand new are opening for them have fun at that as well and maybe theyll play "morrissey". i probably dont need to say anything about how awesome the pixies are gonna be. just to vent some frustration i recently saw X play and it was horrible. glad i got that out

have lots of fun crystal. dont care for the breeders, interpol and cat power but neutral milk hotel and modest mouse will put on fantastic shows from my experiences. that is if brock doest have a meltdown on stage. if brand new are opening for them have fun at that as well and maybe theyll play "morrissey". i probably dont need to say anything about how awesome the pixies are gonna be. just to vent some frustration i recently saw X play and it was horrible. glad i got that out

The last time I saw The Pixies they sucked ass. It was like they hadn't played in ten years and picked up their instruments and starting drunk-jamming at the El Rey. They were horrible. TBH I'm going to see Chan, but I'll stay for the Pixies. Give 'em another shot. :p

I've seen three different Isaacs. He was quiet but rocked the EFF out of the Paladium a few years ago. Amazing show. He was angry and on the verge of meltdown at the Off the Wall free show at Huntington Beach Surf Comp. That whole day sucked for everyone, I could see why he'd rather be a million other places, thousands of half naked drunk assholes mixed with wind and sand makes for a horrible time. And the last show he was Chatty-f***ing-Cathy at the Glass House. He srsly wouldn't shut up. It was hilarious, between every song was some missive or memory...the show lasted foreverrrrrrrr, I was even getting bored and sat down toward the end. I was at the barrier the first half then had to pee so bailed. Amazing setlist that night, will probably never be in a smaller room with Brock'n'roll.

Last edited:
hmm weird. youre the only person ive ever heard say that. hope theyre good this time around

hmm weird. youre the only person ive ever heard say that. hope theyre good this time around

My friend disagrees and remembers it as being an amazing show but he was rolling on molly and cush so he could've been serenaded by hobo and thought it was Pavarotti. I was the driver and had my wits about me. The show was horrible.

yeah anything would probably sound awesome on molly. i want some molly. imstill trying to score tickets to a replacements show myself. heard kiss me on the bus today while shopping for food. whos opening for modest mouse if you dont mind me asking

yeah anything would probably sound awesome on molly. i want some molly. imstill trying to score tickets to a replacements show myself. heard kiss me on the bus today while shopping for food. whos opening for modest mouse if you dont mind me asking

Rain or Shine. Never heard of them.

15077251958_af3ac6c839_z.jpg

I'll get me sweatshirt.

me either. should be some cool birds there though either way :) seriously are you just effing with me. im afaird to insult you if youre not as i dont like being mean to people

me either. should be some cool birds there though either way :) seriously are you just effing with me. im afaird to insult you if youre not as i dont like being mean to people

I'm just kidding. I don't know who is opening. I also don't endorse using Molly or E. There's some effed up people out there who will cut it with shit that'll kill you. All drugs are not a good idea. I'm not square, I'm also not stupid.

thats fine. my ideas on drugs (and sugar ((not the band fred))) differ from yours. ive gotten sicker eating bad tomatoes at taco belle than ive ever had from any drug ive ever ingested.
for me its alcohol i wont ever touch but to each there own. i thought you might be joking but it was hard to tell as places like these can make you paranoid and i thought the best way to deal with it was to just ask like an adult. the comment about birds was my attempt at humor as mimicking birds will be the openers at your show i believe. i tried to connect the idea of birds being connected to rain and sunshine as they show if either is present as well as the brittish slang term for girls who some look for at concerts etc. should have said fantastic birds to add a morrissey reference to it but no going back now i suppose

thats fine. my ideas on drugs (and sugar ((not the band fred))) differ from yours. ive gotten sicker eating bad tomatoes at taco belle than ive ever had from any drug ive ever ingested.
for me its alcohol i wont ever touch but to each there own. i thought you might be joking but it was hard to tell as places like these can make you paranoid and i thought the best way to deal with it was to just ask like an adult. the comment about birds was my attempt at humor as mimicking birds will be the openers at your show i believe. i tried to connect the idea of birds being connected to rain and sunshine as they show if either is present as well as the brittish slang term for girls who some look for at concerts etc. should have said fantastic birds to add a morrissey reference to it but no going back now i suppose

Just because I don't endorse drugs doesn't mean I'm judging you for using them. Drugs can be a very mind opening and interesting experience. I just think the drug lifestyle has an addictive element to it and I don't endorse something that can control you, whether it be a manipulative regime or a pill that you just need to get through the night. That's all. I'm not anti-drug, I'm pro-will power. So if you can pop a molly and wake up the next day and get shit done and not have to take another molly for three years, that's awesome. But if the only way you can attend a concert is to be smashed on a cocktail of garage-made uppers and hydroponic downers, something's wrong. My friend is a big Mick fan so maybe he's just living his idol's dream.

Back
Top Bottom