What concert/show are you going to go to next?

A post punk band from Philly called The Silence Kit. My first show with the band is at the North Star.

Definitely heard of them before! I know they’ve been around a bit, right? The name always stuck out to me because of the Pavement reference.

Yes..the band has been around since 2005 or so..I just joined a few months ago after being a fan/friend for years. Its nice to be in a band that is drama free for once.

Such a strange story.."Due to an ink splodge on the back of the original artwork, the song "Silence Kid" has become erroneously known as "Silence Kit". This misnomer persisted when designer Mark Ohe printed it onto the back of the reissue Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain: LA's Desert Origins, despite the interior artwork showing the correct name in print several times, including written in Stephen Malkmus' own handwriting."

Definitely heard of them before! I know they’ve been around a bit, right? The name always stuck out to me because of the Pavement reference.

CG - how did you like the Arcade Fire show? (If it already happened)

It was quite good, they put on a helluva show. I did miss Haiti which they apparently played the night before, but other than that the set was perfect. I've never heard them do Black Mirror which is my favorite song and would make an AMAZING setlist, but that's dreamland.

You're in for a treat. And if you're close be prepared for confetti. And be sure to stand up, he doesn't like sitters.

umm, a bunch of
wenshu-monastry.jpg

Chinese dudes humming in unison which was awesome, but then their "harmonics" set off a cascade effect amongst the cicadas and it was just, just
well, you would have to have been there

ps: sorry, this was a few days ago, NOT "next" where's the thread for that?

It was quite good, they put on a helluva show. I did miss Haiti which they apparently played the night before, but other than that the set was perfect. I've never heard them do Black Mirror which is my favorite song and would make an AMAZING setlist, but that's dreamland.

You're in for a treat. And if you're close be prepared for confetti. And be sure to stand up, he doesn't like sitters.

My show already happened this past March :) It was great. When I'm on my home computer I'll share a pic!

Yes..the band has been around since 2005 or so..I just joined a few months ago after being a fan/friend for years. Its nice to be in a band that is drama free for once.

Such a strange story.."Due to an ink splodge on the back of the original artwork, the song "Silence Kid" has become erroneously known as "Silence Kit". This misnomer persisted when designer Mark Ohe printed it onto the back of the reissue Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain: LA's Desert Origins, despite the interior artwork showing the correct name in print several times, including written in Stephen Malkmus' own handwriting."

I always thought it was Silence Kit for the longest time too, ever since getting the CD when it came out!

My show already happened this past March :) It was great. When I'm on my home computer I'll share a pic!

We were one row shy of back so all my pictures are shit, but I got 30 seconds of drunk sing-a-long video. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Dread Zeppelin and the Original Wailers in Pershing Square. :cool: Hey, the price is right.

The Mouse late september if I can swing it with work at Vina Robles which is a new venue that'll break my bank if it plays it's cards right. (It's gorgeous and near all my friends but far from home so expensive. Ray Lamontagne is playing there October, that's asking too much of the lil' Lanos.)

Pinback at the El Rey to ring in the big 4-0 by my lonesome which is the way birthdays are meant to be spent. :p

Last edited:
My next concerts:

Oct.13: Moz in Rome
Nov.2: Johnny Marr in Cologne
Nov.15: Phillip Boa and the Voodooclub in Cologne
Nov.24: Moz in Essen

Sept 16: Public Enemy
Nov 12 & 15: Johnny Marr
Nov 26: Culture Club
Dec 2: Skinny Puppy

...and hopefully some Morrissey shows in there somewhere!!

Kate Bush
Hammersmith
30th August 2014 2nd Row
10th September 2014 2nd Row
12th September 2014 2nd Row

I guess I was just lucky.....

goodbye folks
be easy on yourselves
the longest life is very short
don't waste it....

farewell
"BrummieBoy"

Erasure - Sept. 26 - Atlantic City
Morrissey - Oct 24 - Vienna
Culture Club - Nov 26 - New York

I was torn between seeing either Buzzcocks or Bob Mould on Friday but my band just got an offer for a show at an awesome venue in Philly called Boot and Saddle :guitar:

So glad I didn't buy tickets yet.

Back
Top Bottom