Spiders

andy_fozzy

Banned
I absolutely HATE the little shits.
I wouldn't say I'm scared of them, not quite, but I just hate them,
with avengeance.

I know people who have SERIOUS phobia's of them, and I've seen a guy throw up and cry like a baby 'cos somebody put one in his ciggie packet :D

But anyhow, this time of the year (in the UK) as many will know is notorious for them in the house.
And it's a bit damp and drizzly and humid down the south at the moment.
So obviously, we are plagued in the little horrors, and they ARE NOT that little actually.

So does anyone have any tips on how to keep them out?

What amazes me is how do they get in, and WHY!!!??????

I would say learn to love the spider.

During summer I normally have a daddy long legs living in my bathroom. Its presence gives me great pleasure. You can have an interdependent relationship - they eat all those other insects you don't want in you house.

A flying cockroach is much creepier.

Oh Jeane NOOOO!
I don't mind the daddy longlegs type, the're ok.
It's the ones with huge eyes, and hairy legs that I hate!!

Trouble is, if one of them ever came into my bed, or dive-bombed me in the hallway, I'd have a heart attack!!

As I would if I ever even SAW a flying cocky!!!!

I also encourage the spiders. I've even fed them by grabbing a mosquito from the air and flinging it into the spider's web. It won't work if you harm the mosquito. It needs to wiggle a little to get the spider's attention.

I don't really like quick moving, web-independent spiders that much, but daddy long legs just build a web and meditate until something disturbs them by vibrating their web. I'd be upset too. :D

with avengeance.

I know people who have SERIOUS phobia's of them, and I've seen a guy throw up and cry like a baby 'cos somebody put one in his ciggie packet :D

But anyhow, this time of the year (in the UK) as many will know is notorious for them in the house.
So obviously, we are plagued in the little horrors, and they ARE NOT that little actually.

Aww I adore spiders! They are beautiful and eat flies, and I cannot stand flies. I dont particularly like black widows IN the house, but outside, they dont bother me.

I would say get a cat? Mine loves to hunt and eat spiders, "Widows" dont like Lavendar, but I dont think those spiders live in your neck of the woods. Try googling spider repellent. I would recommend looking for 'natural' repellents instead of poison, though.

I love watching spiders walk from one side of my room to the next ,just last night i had the great pleasure of watching one walk across Morrisseys face...:D

Daddy long legs are annoying because i cannot sleep in the dark(sad i know)
so they go inside my lamp and then i have to chuck them out:o

Andy, you pussy! :p

I'm scared of creepy crawlies and this is one reason why...

When I was in Austraila I was left to house-sit alone for a while. Late one night I heard a "tap, tap tap" at my bedroom window. Eventually I plucked up the courage to peek out to see who/what it was. A HUGE great Huntsman spider the size of a dinner plate tapping it's leg on the window pane. Let me in! It may be harmless but it scared the shit out of me...and then the next week the flying cockies invaded the House. I nearly broke down and hopped on the next plane home...

they are little creatures.

you are a big man!

leave them be...... none will "attack" you.

with avengeance.

Oh, sympathy sympathy!!! :(

I'm terrified of them. If there's one in my room and nobody around to put it out for me, I'll sit up all night and just watch it :eek:

But I'm vegan. And an evangelical believer in animal rights. And I don't think things should be killed just because they're a pest to us :mad:

So I never squash them. But I hate them!!

I read somewhere that there's this oil you can burn that they don't like..? Any ideas, anyone? Is it Sandalwood..?

they are little creatures.

you are a big man!

leave them be...... none will "attack" you.

I know! I often try to work out how many times bigger I am than even the hugest spider ever :idiot:

This rationalising doesn't help. I know they can't - and don't want to - hurt me but still! :eek:

I know! I often try to work out how many times bigger I am than even the hugest spider ever :idiot:

This rationalising doesn't help. I know they can't - and don't want to - hurt me but still! :eek:

awww but the spiders in england are very little and so not dangerous!

put a cup over them and slide a piece of card or paper to capture them and let them out the window.

also don't leave a towel hanging on the edge of the bath as that's how they climb in. also if a spider is in the bath, leave a towel on the edge so they can climb out again!

try to have another look at them some are quite cute and colourful; garden spiders are very pretty.

no body kill them please!
:)

Well, spiders, OK. I let them live as they don't bother me. But cockroaches? Sorry - they are just awful, they scare me to death, I hate them and I just want them to drop dead the minute they're born. Whenever I see them I poar liters of dishwashing liquid all over them and then run to the other room and wait for someone else to clean up. This may sound mean but it really is a matter of survival - it's either me or them and I'm not willing to negotiate.

Last edited:
Well, spiders, OK. I let them live as they don't bother me. But cockroaches? Sorry - they are just awful, they scare me to death, I hate them and I just want them to drop dead the minute they're born. Whenever I see them I poar liters of dishwashing liquid all over them and then run to the other room and wait for someone else to clean up. This may sound mean but it really is a matter of survival - it's either me or them and I'm not willing to negotiate.

how is it a matter of survival when cockroaches don't have any washing up liquid to pour over you!
:(

how is it a matter of survival when cockroaches don't have any washing up liquid to pour over you!
:(

They have a power to keep me out of the room for days if I as much as sense that they're in. They scare me to death and I don't feel the need to explain why I want them out of my way. If they want to run free they better not come around my place. I live in a big city. They can go someplace else.

They have a power to keep me out of the room for days if I as much as sense that they're in. They scare me to death and I don't feel the need to explain why I want them out of my way. If they want to run free they better not come around my place. I live in a big city. They can go someplace else.

General maintenance and cleaning are important because they remove the food, water, and shelter on which cockroaches depend. There are many steps tenants, landlords, and homeowners can take individually and jointly to prevent cockroach infestation of the home environment.

* Wipe off counters, tables, and stovetops after all meals, snacks, and food preparations.
* Keep food confined to specific areas of the house and clean any spills immediately.
* Keep all food and garbage in tightly sealed containers.
* Do not leave dirty dishes in the sink, on the counter, or in the dishwasher overnight.
* Remove all piles of boxes, cardboard, newspapers, etc. from both inside and around the home.
* Fix leaky pipes, faucets, toilets, and other plumbing problems.
* Use a bathroom fan that vents to the outside after all baths and showers to reduce humidity.
* Caulk all cracks and crevices throughout the home around systems such as plumbing, electrical, and gas lines, as well as in places like cupboards and walls.

i thought this was about spiders!!!

:)

Back
Top Bottom