Information: Santa Barbara 15/12/99

Stitchell

blah blah blah blah...
Bought a Morrissey bootleg a few years back, apparently from Santa Barbara show from 15/12/99. Just wondered if this information is correct cos its not listed on akiraware. Tracklist is identical to Ventura, CA show from 18/12/99

Thanks

From Passionsjustlikemine:

15 December 1999
Palladium, Hollywood, CA

You're Gonna Need Someone On Your Side
The Boy Racer
Alma Matters
November Spawned A Monster
Reader Meet Author
Tomorrow
Hairdresser On Fire
Speedway
A Swallow On My Neck
Break Up The Family
Is It Really So Strange?
Billy Budd
The Teachers Are Afraid Of The Pupils
Now My Heart Is Full
Meat Is Murder
/Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me
Morrissey played the first of two nights back home in front of some of his wildest fans. The concert was a success, both him and his audience were in very good spirits and very energetic. The fans were actually a bit more than energetic, as a few fights broke out during the evening. One person managed to make it on stage.
Morrissey set the tone of the evening with "I'm very aroused... so watch out!". He chanted along with his fans "Moz Angeles! Moz Angeles!". He messed one line in "Is It Really So Strange": "I say no, you say no, yes, whatever aargh!". After slipping on flowers during "The Teachers Are Afraid Of The Pupils", he said "What you didn't see is I slipped on some flowers and nearly broke my neck... what an appropriate way to die... you don't care anyways..."

Because a great number of his Southern California fans were latino americans, he thanked them in Spanish and used lines such as "Vaya con dios!". "Meat Is Murder" was commented with the line "If someone tries to offer you turkey this Christmas, just say no!"

At some point during this concert, when sending one of his shirts into the audience, Morrissey shouted "Whoever gets the shirt gets me until everybody's had me!".

This concert was recorded for Spanish television.

Back
Top Bottom