Further to the statement on the 7th September on True To You Net - from a Fan.

Afan

The media, sadly again, seemed to have picked up on the wrong aspects of Morrissey’s statement. As zero airplay was being faced, Morrissey was forced to plead with his loving (or sometimes not so loving) audience. Gateshead anyone? The very media that do not play his songs, actively publicise all the wrong comments within Morrissey’s statements. Rugs are pulled when you least expect it, it’s a lesson we should all learn People who make you persona non grata for years have a habit of forgetting you when it most hurts. Jörg Haider, Johnny Rogan, eat you hearts out, Ms Dickinson-wright please understand.

The contortions of life continue, to relieve some of that try listening to “Music from the Succubus Club” an uplifting and truly moving piece of vinyl. – yes vinyl does still exist and shold be cherished whilst we still have the chance, afterall how can anyone gain pleasure from something found so easily in the 21st century? Everything is a leak nowadays. – It’s existance was part of the demise of pop music which I know well Morrissey holds dearly to his heart.

On a positive note, few in the media picked on on the fact that Morrissey would be working with Morricone, who is an inspiration to many, and a lifeline to few. It must be terribly exciting for Morrissey to be asked by such a heart warming and inspirational figurehead such as Morricone, and I can only dream of what the conclusion will be. Let us hope it will truly be an Arts And Crafts Spectacular. Age shouldn\'t affect you. It\'s just like the size of your shoes - they don\'t determine how you live your life.

Let us hope the future all is all well for Morrissey, and not too unsettling, here are to the days of the Hollywood Bowl again; well if only life could be that simple, when reputations are banded around they often become the truth. Let us hope the 25 percenters and the local money grabbing fiends allow America to happen soon for Morrissey.

Yours
A True fan

Morricone, who is an inspiration to many, and a lifeline to few.

So...what are everyone's favorite, inspirational (not to say life-saving) Morricone compositions?

And does anyone else like Johnny Marr's "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly" as much as I do? Well, that's okay, I didn't really like it all that much.

So...what are everyone's favorite, inspirational (not to say life-saving) Morricone compositions?

I LOVE Il Ritorno Di Ringo (The Return Of Ringo) composed by Morricone with Maurizio Graf singing.

His accented and clearly enunciated English vocals are amazing, I fell in love with this song quickly and listen to it quite often. I heard it during my Scott Walker phase.

I must share it!
http://savefile.com/files/17731

I completely agree with you Afan, I'm always astounded at the things Morrissey says and does that the press don't pick up on, in particular the so called music press. Can you imagine the NME of old igoring the news about Morricone? Not to mention the comedy gold of the Truman Capote/Ernie Wise incident. Amazing.

I love the old Morricone Western themes. Apart from those and, Dear God please help me, which I also love, I know nothing of his work.

It's fantastic that Morrissey still feels a little star struck after all of these years in the industry though.

Afan? Lovely stuff!

Ha ha, I've robbed this misc project of yours ages ago but I forgot to report it :)
Yes, The Return Of Ringo is charming.

Hehe, you never know what you might find in there! ;)

I have no idea who this Moricone is
Perhaps you should consider changing the liquid in your fish bowl
It ususally takes people much longer to notice that ;) Anyway, I've since visited Wikipedia and been thoroughly educated.

Re: the original poster, it's clearly not Morrissey- it could be one of his lackeys though (no offence, Mr. Lackey! :D Most of us would trade places with you, I'm sure).

The one off Once Upon A Time In America is my fave. I know none of the titles but I once had the Morricone soundtracks album which features all his best known advert tracks.

Although they omitted the Hovis one.:rolleyes:

P.S Has anyone got an opinion on the relevance of the Dumper truck at the end of said film??? It perplexes me

i would have to say "come quando fuori piove" from the Machine Gun McCain soundtrack.

My favourite simply has to be "Uccidete il vitello grasso e arrostitelo" a complete discovery....

Worm, I get the sneaky feeling you thought no one appreciated his works.

Worm, I get the sneaky feeling you thought no one appreciated his works.

You are wise beyond your years, sir. But I meant no harm; I was just teasing a little because appreciating Morricone is one thing-- who doesn't?-- but I found Afan's hyperbole a trifle much.

You are wise beyond your years, sir. But I meant no harm; I was just teasing a little because appreciating Morricone is one thing-- who doesn't?-- but I found Afan's hyperbole a trifle much.

I rarely do this but:~LOL~ that's a bit rich coming from you!!

No malice intended! just funny coming from you, the most elequant wordsmythe of this century squire!

Last edited:
Also, I have no idea who this Moricone is (plus I think I just spelled his name wrong - I have no shame).

Anyway, I've since visited Wikipedia and been thoroughly educated.

Heh.... I had to do the same thing. In fact, I was just contemplating today the embarrassing number of times Morrissey has sent me running for a dictionary or to Wikipedia since I bought Ringleader. I was thinking it was actually a nice thing, although it's disconcerting to realize I'm apparently not as literate and educated as I thought I was!

I urge all the people who aren't familiar with Morricone to watch films of Pasolini.
Morricone has composed really beautiful music to Pasolini's work IMO they're superior than Leone's.

I rarely do this but:~LOL~ that's a bit rich coming from you!! No malice intended! just funny coming from you, the most elequant wordsmythe of this century squire!

One LOL deserves another: LOL. You have singed my britches but I shall not cower from future bullshittery.

Back
Top Bottom