Now My Heart is Full

SRA

the queen is still ill
This is unquestionably my favourite Morrissey song, I think it's absolutely delightful. However, never have I held a song in such high regard yet at the same time not actually being too sure what it's about!

What does Mozz mean when he says his heart is full? For me he sings it with a certain desperation and sadness but there is something a little uplifting about it too. Ive heard people say it's about suicide, but when he wrote many of the tracks to Vauxhall & I didnt he think it would be his last album? (hence Speedway?). His heart being full could mean he's just had enough, world weary or fame weary perhaps?

Any thoughts or ideas? It's probably staring me right in the face!

I thought it was about him being overwhelmed by love, least the line ‘now my heart is full’. His heart feeling complete (full) because of a love. After all he was enjoying quality time with a certain boxer, or something wasn’t he?

His heart is full; he has enough.
'Cause he sings later in the song: 'the whole house wil need rebuilding'

I thought it was about him being overwhelmed by love, least the line ‘now my heart is full’. His heart feeling complete (full) because of a love. After all he was enjoying quality time with a certain boxer, or something wasn’t he?
Good theory that actually.

"Could you pass by
Could you pass by
Will you pass by?"

But then I heard a bootleg from some show he did in Argentina in the happier times for him of 2003 and between singing "Now my heart is full" he actually sang "Now my heart isnt full, it really isnt". So considering things are a little better for Mozz these days and his appetite for the music business is reinvigorated maybe it is about having enough. Who knows, any other theories welcome!

I thought he was at one of his happiest with Vauxhall & I due to his love interest? Of course anything any of us speculate on is all...well...speculation :p

Back
Top Bottom