Smiths on Charlie's Bus: One of the kids from the show wrote me!

dallow_bg

the one he left behind
He messaged me on youtube.
Here's the link to the video again:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=hB_VmZMQj5c

hi there,

just a quick note to say you have completely blown me away with the charlies bus/smiths video on the site...because I was there!!!

My school was asked to take part (i was 11 at the time - was it really 1984???
It was an amazing day the band were all absolutely great fun and not at all showbiz or even miserable as I later found out was their image...

I remember having playfights with them on the grass before the sandie shaw performance and morrisey needing quite a few takes to say...oh look kids it's sandy shaw!

What format do you have the original in? Is it anything I could have a copy of? I really didn't know it existed anywhere any more...I keep in touch with some school mates and none of us have ever seen it!

Thanks and take care

Matt
[email protected]

I plan to write him back and send him the hi-res DVD I have of it.
As well as ask him more questions!

Oh how nice!
Yes, send him back, and ask him if he's still a fan of Smiths/M. ;)
I don't think he'll remember a lot from Morrissey that day, too bad.
Which one was he?

That is brilliant! I wish I was one of those kids...

I watched this recording of Charlie's Bus around 3 am few weeks ago. I almost fell from the chair when one of the kids asked Morrissey something along the lines of "Morrissey where are we going?" and he replied "We're going mad!". Laughed so hard that my boyfriend, who was sleeping in another room, came to ask if everything's alright.

That was classic.

wow - that's great! related to this, I've often wondered what happened to those fans who showed up in interviews talking about how much they love Moz/Smiths. Now, after a decade or two, do they still feel the same way? Are they even around!?! (I know quite a few still lurk this board of course :)

MrRoboto said:
wow - that's great! related to this, I've often wondered what happened to those fans who showed up in interviews talking about how much they love Moz/Smiths. Now, after a decade or two, do they still feel the same way? Are they even around!?! (I know quite a few still lurk this board of course :)

Although I'm relatively new here, a huge fan since 1984.
Some of my friends are no longer interested in, but of course some of them are still very much into him.
Time passes, some people change and some don't.
Undoubtedly we share many wonderful memories being a Smiths/ Morrissey fan which is one of the best things in our lives :)

*as jealousy settles in*

I'm surprised. i would have thought that the kids would have been all "who are these guys and why can't we get Madonna to sing to us?"

ok, no i'm thinking about how i probably would have been when i was 11. :p

Dallow -

Ask why Morrissey needed so many takes! Probably because he seemed to be laughing, eh? :)

Well, I wrote him back, telling him I'd send a free DVD, but he never responded?

Too bad.

However, a Q Magazine researcher contacted me and asked about the footage. They want to use stills of it in an upcoming feature.
I've been in contact with him and sent him higher-resolution stills.

Fame by proxy. I love it.
You saw it here first. I will be scanning every inch of future Q's.

Back
Top Bottom