Forget "Melanie" what about the song "There Speaks a True Friend"???

D

Daniel Q

I'm probably just making an ass of myself...is it an obvious b-side or something that everyone has heard of but me??? The song is called "There Speaks a True Friend" Its a nice little song...DEFINITELY Moz...unlike that pathetic attempt at "melanie"

Yes, it's more convincing, but...

> I'm probably just making an ass of myself...is it an obvious
> b-side or something that everyone has heard of but me??? The
> song is called "There Speaks a True Friend" Its a nice
> little song...DEFINITELY Moz...unlike that pathetic attempt at
> "melanie"

Yeah, we've all heard that songs. Even though it was accidentally pressed onto the b-side of "You're the one for me fatty", I maintain that it is another hoax. The melody and lyrics are too abysmal to have been written by Morrissey. For the same reason, I think that "You're the one for me fatty" is a hoax too.

Oh, and the whole of "Southpaw Grammar" too.

Re: Yes, it's more convincing, but...

> Yeah, we've all heard that songs. Even though it was
> accidentally pressed onto the b-side of "You're the one for
> me fatty", I maintain that it is another hoax. The melody
> and lyrics are too abysmal to have been written by Morrissey.
> For the same reason, I think that "You're the one for me
> fatty" is a hoax too.

> Oh, and the whole of "Southpaw Grammar" too.

Hey! SouthPaw Grammar was one the best albums he ever made!

the ordinaryboy homepage
catmoz.jpg

> Hey! SouthPaw Grammar was one the best albums he ever made!

...and one of the most intriguing. My favourite album, ever. a master piece. the queen is dead (smiths), and southpaw (solo), just ca be described as perfect.

> ...and one of the most intriguing. My favourite album, ever. a
> master piece. the queen is dead (smiths), and southpaw (solo),
> just ca be described as perfect.

I always see "Southpaw Grammar" as more of a a half-assed collection of lame rock-isms, lazy writing, and old man's read-it-in-the-Sunday-papers thinking disguised as social commentary, sung by a man who doesn't even TRY to pretend he's interested anymore. But that's just my opinion!

All You Need Is Ears

If you really think that, then there is no hope for you. Southpaw may not be his best I admit, but you've got to look at it as an off the cuff high octane experiment... and I think that is difficuly for some people to take. The Boy Racer was a great single. Dagenham Dave was very funny. The Teachers Are Afraid of the Pupils is an awesome piece of work, very bleak, very epic. Reader Meet Author is a great song, a great lyric, a fantastic stab at your typical NME hack. All in all, it's a great record, but one that's ever going to win over the doubters, such as yourself.

Back
Top Bottom