So how many more albums do you think he'll make?

knight123

In an ideal world he'd continue making music for the rest of eternity but since one day he's going to either get fed up of the music scene or lose his excellent singing voice, how long do you think he's going to go on for?

knight123 said:
In an ideal world he'd continue making music for the rest of eternity but since one day he's going to either get fed up of the music scene or lose his excellent singing voice, how long do you think he's going to go on for?
I think one more album at least. I hope Morrissey dosen't listen to his own lyrics and 'get off the stage', I don't think the world is ready for the Mozster to quit.

I think he'll be like Sinatra going on and on until he can't physically do it anymore.

i think 1 more, 2 at the most. Then hopefully he'll decide it's time to put down the mic, pic up the pen and write those books!!

I'd like to think, he'll keep going for a few more years yet. I'm encouraged by just how much touring he's done this year , to me that indicated that he's still very interested and hopefully the (relative) commercial and critical sucess of ROTT will inspire him to carry on. Ok, I know ROTT may not have sold millions (I Believe) but compared to say, the "Soutpaw" or "Maladjusted" era, the singles would appear to be selling a little better, lets hope this trend continues with "ITHFWAIW". & of course, the tour sold very well...so heres hoping.

He can go on as long as he wants. If you're a singer you don't lose your voice. It just changes as you get older. Look at Johnny Cash. His voice in his last recordings was just as good.

Look at Bob Dylan and the lot of those guys who are over 60 still performing and writing songs...Morrissey is doing quite well, we shall get at least one, maybe two more

Please don't compare him to Bob Dylan. Or even Neil Young. They're extremely old, and I can't really say that I like their music they make NOW. Back in the old days, they made better things! I hope it won't be like that... Maybe it's a good thing to retire early...(anyone heard Dylan's new record already? I think it's due this week) But I have a feeling Morrissey will lay low for a while (perhaps a few years). 'Cause...What will come after Rome? He can't make an album like ROTT, with Rome & his new life as subject, can he? 'At last I'm born' describes it perfectly, and it would be a way to end in style. But I would find it sad though, to hear nothing new of him.

Part of me wants him to go on forever, part of me wants him to go out on a high. I reckon at least another 3 or 4, but I hope he'll prove me wrong and do another 10!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom