FS: That's Entertainment promo (eBay)

Darnit, "That's Entertainment" had to pop up at a moment when I'm broke. :(

Dont sweat it
Everything is popping up right now for one reason...people are paying moronic prices for things

This all started with the Beethoven vinyl sthat went for some stupid prices
then the Ask 12" Australlians
the French There Is A Lights

the only thing that will make them go down is people refusing to pay that much

that being said, this is a great time to see things you've never seen on ebay (Meat is Murder live 7", letters, etc)

I was just going through some papers and I found a postcard that looks like the original mail away coupon for the "The Loop" promo. But I don't know for sure; can't read French. I remember buying "That's Entertainment" promos from a Dutch dealer in London when they came out for 7 quid each.

"Rare Tracks" selling for $90 and "Beethoven Was Deaf" vinyl selling for $100+ does seem rather silly.

Oddly enough, the "Viva Hate" promo box set sells for only around $100 on eBay, which is odd because it is pretty rare, and very nice to boot.

Some of these prices almost half make me want to sell my collection. I feel sorry for people who sold their collection before the gold rush.

Anyone I ever sold a Moz/Smiths rarity to in the past can thank me now, as it's surely worth at least twice what they paid.

If you look at what rarities by other well-established artists go for, it's nice to see Smiths/Moz items catching up. U2 items command daft prices. I have some old lists of Moz/Smiths for sale from 10-15 years ago at my parents house. I should scan and post them so we could all have a laugh!

Last edited:
Last week, another CD-R promo for 'No One Can Hold A Candle To You' went away for GBP 157, the Crysalis CD-R went for US$ 172...

I mean, in the past when all was well, promo cd's (or vinyl) were affectionately made items - today they slip a burned cd-r in a pvc wallet with a plugger sticker and that's it!

As a collector actually paying this wacky prices (if i have a chance to get a copy) i'm on the verge of re-thinking my collection priorities, too.

"Rare Tracks" selling for $90

to me this is one of the dumbest
I remember buying mine at best buy for less than 20

Yes, I really dislike the CD-R with sticker promos...
I had no idea those "No One Can Hold..." promos even existed, sheesh!

I thought I was pretty in the loop about these things.

Ahh, I faintly remember that "No One..." single with the picture.
Just found it on Stephane's site too:
http://www.passionsjustlikemine.com/disc/moz-d47ihfj.htm

The Chrysalis CD is odd.

Reminds me of the one I 'borrowed' from work. Here's the description. I remember seeing one on ebay that sold for a pretty penny. Don't know if demand has since died.

In-Store Play Sampler Sanctuary/Attack ATMDJ-85765-2
promo (6 tracks, Ringleader & Earl's Court promotion)

Ah, so NOCHACTY isn't a CD-R.

That (partly) explains why people are mortgaging their grandmothers to get hold of it.

[mbatey]

No no, it is a CD-R!! It's a normal burned CD-R with an adhesive label and a tinted sleeve - like the 2004 CD-R's for Let Me Kiss You, First Of The Gang To Die and I Have Forgiven Jesus!

Take a look at my website below, choose 'official releases'!

Btw, the 'borrowed one' from work fits in the line if it was this one:

I see - thanks for the info Stefan.

I wish there was a 'Rarities' section on these forums - there's certainly plenty to discuss these days...

[mbatey]

Yes Stefan, that's the one I 'borrowed'.
It's just a CD-R basically with a photocopied back.

It's really 12 tracks, but it just repeats itself after the first 6.

Still, I had to have it.

floodzonex said:
Dont sweat it
Everything is popping up right now for one reason...people are paying moronic prices for things

This all started with the Beethoven vinyl sthat went for some stupid prices
then the Ask 12" Australlians
the French There Is A Lights

the only thing that will make them go down is people refusing to pay that much

that being said, this is a great time to see things you've never seen on ebay (Meat is Murder live 7", letters, etc)

The Beethoven vinyl was in mint condition. It went to Norrkoping in Sweden for 145 pounds UK sterling

I got the That's Entertainment promo the other day
(one from this auction)

Until I find a copy in perfect shape (this one has a lil rip) it'll curb my need for it

I just think it's funny that as a collector for 15 years the market is totally off right now. Beethoven vinyl, Smiths CD singles and posters (give me a break) and especially bootlegs. Thank Your Lucky Stars for 200 bucks usually?

floodzonex said:
I got the That's Entertainment promo the other day
(one from this auction)

Until I find a copy in perfect shape (this one has a lil rip) it'll curb my need for it

I just think it's funny that as a collector for 15 years the market is totally off right now. Beethoven vinyl, Smiths CD singles and posters (give me a break) and especially bootlegs. Thank Your Lucky Stars for 200 bucks usually?

When you do get that pristine copy, might I buy the lesser one from you?
C'mon, we're Texans!

(seriously though, I want first dibs)

floodzonex - you asked me when you won the auction how the sleeve got its damage - I'm afraid I've no idea.

I bought the CD a while back from a low-feedback eBay seller in Spain. He hadn't mentioned the damage in the description, though it was on the scan if you looked closely. I needed the money to buy nappies (for the youngest, not for me), so another rarity had to go.

[mbatey]

Back
Top Bottom