Morrissey presents the future of mobile technology at Virgin Mobile's V Festival

The Seeker of Good Songs

from: http://www.ilikemusic.com/music_news/Morrissey_Mobile_Technology_Virgin_Mobile_V_Fest-2810

Virgin Mobile is delighted to bring festival-lovers even closer to the music at this year's Virgin Mobile V Festival. This year sees the launch of a new bluetooth service at the festival, offering free content from Morrissey, Kasabian and popular newcomers and winners of last year's Road To V, The Young Knives.

In order to deliver this exciting free music content, a bluetooth pod has been installed at every Virgin Mobile Recharge Point on the festival site, as well as in the VIP area - the Virgin Mobile Louder Lounge. All music lovers need to do is go to the areas and turn on their phone's bluetooth. When it is switched on the phone is able to receive a selection of free music treats including free ringtones from Morrissey and The Young Knives, and free video clips from Kasabian, Morrissey and The Young Knives.

If that wasn't enough, V Festival headliner Morrissey has also announced that he is offering his new single 'In The Future' to pre-order via mobile from Saturday 19th August. V Festival-goers simply need to text 'Morrissey V' to 80806 to pre-order the single, which is officially released on Monday 21st August *. Everyone who pre-orders the track will also receive an exclusive live performance of the track recorded at V Festival.

Yeap this sounds just like the kind of thing that Morrissey would support, I'm sure he played a major part in negotiating this deal. (attention, irony!)

But he'll surely say something really nasty and insulting about mobile phones, Virgin or Richard Branson on stage to make up for it. Good old Mozzer, always in for pissing someone off. :D

Mozzarella said:
Yeap this sounds just like the kind of thing that Morrissey would support, I'm sure he played a major part in negotiating this deal. (attention, irony!)

But he'll surely say something really nasty and insulting about mobile phones, Virgin or Richard Branson on stage to make up for it. Good old Mozzer, always in for pissing someone off. :D

He did!

It was the first time I've seen him live and it was phenomenal.

He said something along the lines of :

"This next song is our new single and as I have been saying since I was 3 years old, no one will play it, especially Virgin Radio"

He then went on to say how Radio 1 doesn't care what people think.

Back
Top Bottom