Morrissey at the Oya festival

moz'art girl

oh la la
Hi there!

It seems I get more and more interested in Morrissey, so I've been visiting the site for a while;yes, Moz, you still attract people! And now, I have registered, to show you the article about Moz in norway! Cause I haven't seen it anywhere! Sorry, I don't speak Norwegian- But I do like Norwegians-, so I have understood nothing, except that the guy was nervous!
Admire!
http://www.dagbladet.no/kultur/2006/08/11/473602.html
I had seen another link yesterday, where they said-I think-that Moz had had some problems going to Oslo because of the big problems at Heathrow...Sorry, I can't find it.

if you look at the end of the link, at the right, under "KULTUR PÅ TV fredag", they say there is Morrissey s' concert on the NRK 1 at 00.30

would some kind norweigan fan be able to record this and share please:) :)

yeah, an upload (audio or video) of the morrissey gig at oya would be fantastic - meanwhile, here's a translation of the article moz'art girl linked to (great picture of morrissey by the way, and he's without his beloved rings for a change)

----------------

"You have nerves of steel", said Steven Patrick Morrissey to the crowd, halfway through yesterday's concert. The singer as well as the audience knew that it (the gig) was bordering on a 'car-crash'. Just before, Morrissey had criticised himself: "This is terrible, gruesome".

But with routine and strong will the Smiths' veteran managed to turn the show around and charge himself with renewed power. While rain, thunder and lightning threatened...Morrissey sang mainly songs from his latest album (ROTT). Many of the songs sounded rougher and stronger than they do on the record, for instance the heavy, wonderful, camel-swinging (?), quasi-exotic 'I Will See You In Far Off Places'.

Morrissey entered the stage like a mixture of James Bond and Bryan Ferry, wearing a black tuxedo. (The next line I didn't understand). This is Morrissey after all, a pub-poseur and nightclub-snob (?) rolled into one, self-confident and hard-hitting, poetic and ironic.

After having started the show with 'Panic', during the next hour and fifteen minutes, Morrissey ran through his repetoire of pathos and rough rock. Until he rounded off the evening with The Smiths' song 'How Soon Is Now?'.
He ended in a powerful way - by giving the thunderous weather the resistance/competition it deserved.

----------------

OK, this may not be an entirely accurate translation, but something along those lines. I've read two other reviews of his gig at Oya and one review was really enthusiastic and the other pretty decent, so all in all it looks like his performance was well received :)

a pub-poseur and nightclub-snob:) (?) rolled into one, self-confident and hard-hitting, poetic and ironic.

Morrissey ran through his repetoire of pathos and rough rock:D

Back
Top Bottom