Mikey Farrell

knight123

Why does this guy seem unable to enjoy himself on stage?

Jesse Tobias always cheerfully nods his head to the music, Boz does his sexual stare and then this guy just looks absolutely miserable all the time.

Methinks he needs to cheer up a bit.

knight123 said:

Jesse Tobias always cheerfully nods his head to the music, Boz does his sexual stare and then this guy just looks absolutely miserable all the time.

he's just a serious guy, or perhaps he's shy. or simply looks that way on the outside.

How can poor Mikey Farrell enjoy himself? The man is expected to play the keyboards with one hand, the trombone with the other and the accordian with his feet!

That takes talent and concentration. Gotta luv 'em.

knight123 said:
Boz does his sexual stare

LOL - good description!

I agree with Mosmic Dancer, I think he has a lot on his mind and unlike Boz who is an old hand (who understands) Mikey is relatively young and possibly isn't at the stage in his career that he can relax yet.

For further evidence of this theory, visit www.bozboorer.com and see the question (I put to him!) about nerves - Boz's reply is basically "Nerves, nah, not me, too old and been there and done that, for nerves."

I was at the Llandudno gig this year and I called his name at the end of the show and he gave me a big smile and came over and gave me his setlist. Seems like a great guy from that 20second clip of him in my mind... maybe he's just very very professional on stage.

knight123 said:

Bloody hell, two digs in one day; you don't like his horn or his stage presence - has he done something to upset you?

Mikey smiled shyly for us when we waved and said hello as he escaped into the van after Birmingham. Aw!

A few minutes later Boz came over for a natter and it came up in conversation that he doesn't wear his specs on stage (presumably for reasons of vanity, unless he just finds it easier to concentrate without having to see all our ugly mugs in full detail). Alas then, the "sexual stare" may be merely an attempt to focus. :D

mozmic_dancer said:
How can poor Mikey Farrell enjoy himself? The man is expected to play the keyboards with one hand, the trombone with the other and the accordian with his feet!

Bravo!

As far as the other post that noted the sex stare of Boz...:( thats like thinking of grandpa with bedroom eyes.

zom

Mikey laughs it up pretty good in the making-of video for In the Future...

Anyway, when keyboardists bop around on stage I think it looks stupid and not a little bit 1980s.

I think, as someone pointed out, it's a mix of shyness and just general seriousness. I met him a few times on other occasions (off stage, that is) and he has been exactly the same then. Would point something out in very dry humour with a dead serious face, if anything. That's just what he's like.

I dunno, he has a few movez (with a z!) during "Irish Blood English Heart"!

As mozmic dancer pointed out, he plays a lot of instruments... it's actually kind of staggering how much of the live show actually centres around his input. I'd much rather see the boy looking stern while performing live and doing a good jobthan grinning like an idiot from Westlife!

mozmic_dancer said:

well said! thats totally what i was going to say, Mikey rocks he is always doing something. I think he is bloody amazing :D

Busy Clippers said:
Zom,
:D
Grandpa with Bedroom Eyes. I might even change my user name. You are King For A Day of Morrissey Solo (bows).

Damn it! I proved to be a negligent king indeed. I never even visited the site after being crowned. :D

zom

Back
Top Bottom