Suggested Morrissey content

M

Mimi

Okay, this isn't so much a peace offering as a change of subject because I'm FREAKIN' FUGGIN' tired of only discussing the board itself....(does anyone else realise how absurd this is?) Anyways -
what are your personal most irrational Morrissey associations?? Well these are mine:

Back in the days when I'd only just started to listen to the Smiths - late summer of 98 to be precise - and I knew nothing else about them, not even yet what Morrissey looked like, I listened to one and the same tape (some greatest hits compilation) up and down for months. I had only just moved to London and went on a weekend trip to Wales with two friends. They'd taken their car whilst I took my brother's car and followed them, listening to my favourite tape of course.... I think we'd only just gotten into Wales and I was already really impressed with the landscape, when "Shoplifters" came on. The glorious Welsh mountains looked just in reach and I was simply racing towards the sunset with the music blasting, and when it came to the guitar solo I had this wwwrrreally vivid impression all of a sudden of what it must be like to be English and I thought "Damn! Why couldn't I have been English too??" and I got really jealous of my two friends in front of me..... (I did say irrational, didn't I??) But to this day the guitar solo in Shoplifters remains the most English sounding bit of the Smiths or Morrissey to me. Good stuff.

Ok, second one: my real obsession started when I did a search on the web for Morrissey and started to roam all the websites furiously from then on..... Only then did I start to buy the other cds aswell. By that time I had moved in with a friend in Wimbledon and basically lived to explore the new world of Morrissey 24/7 for those few months. For instance I'd take hour long walks in nearby Wimbledon Common every day listening to that promising voice in my walkman with starry eyes...... Now - I came back to the flat for one day when I stayed in London just before Christmas last month, and I had the crassest, most painful deja vus and memories of those days when I really got into Morrissey..... All these smells, tastes, feelings were just too much and I got really sad. Just because my life seemed a lot simpler back then than it is now. Because however much my life was enrichened with the discovery of Morrissey - some pains and experiences, most of them linked to the tour I got hooked on only a little later, I could have done without.

And anyway my life turned into an endless downward spiral the day I left England and moved back to Germany, eeeewwww...... I should have stayed where I belong really.

The third one: the smell of Issey Miyake pour l'homme, yummers...... While I did the first few shows in Germany, those days of endless excitement, racing from town to town and finding out how easy it actually is to live without food and sleep, my friend Kevin was with me and that's the perfume he was wearing.... So whenever I see him these days I'm first up hit by the hammer of the memory of those glory days. (Sigh!!)

And then I still haven't been able to listen to "Asleep" in over a year because it reminds me of someone I want to avoid being reminded of more than absolutely necessary.....

Will life ever stop being a chain of occurences that turn into painful memories??

i think of my friends guitar headstock...a while ago he scrawled ''morrissey must die!'' on it, well that was some 5 years ago, of course i wanted to pummel his face but refrained...funny thing is now he likes morrissey...

Back
Top Bottom