Autobiography

Has anyone heard when Morrissey is going to be releasing his autobiography? Do you think when he spoke about that, it was a just a ploy to ward off others like Rogan? (Why would anyone read their's when they think they can hear it from the horse's own mouth - so to speak?)

Hi and welcome.

I think that's an interesting theory - perhaps it is to disuade others.

I would be shocked if Moz ever put to written word the full details of his life (other than through his lyrics) - what would he have to gain from it?

While I don't expect him to write a conventional autobiography ever, or at least any time soon (not until he's OLD), it would be great if he wrote something. But why would he?

thewandererandhisshadow said:
Do you think when he spoke about that, it was a just a ploy to ward off others like Rogan?

Morrissey was sued by the drummer in his former band and, upon finding out he would have to give up a million pounds from his multimillion horde, claimed victimhood and took his case to the international human rights court.

In short, we're talking about a man who believes people have it in for him: producers, managers, bandmates, DJs, BBC executives, record company bosses, headmasters, the police, the government. The list of his persecutors is endless. Just ask him.

His autobiography, should it ever come out-- and wasn't there a news story in the last year or so about him receiving a hefty advance from a publisher?-- will be written to set the record straight. Or, to go about the matter like another Wanderer and His Shadow, he will take many crooked paths to reach the straight one, at the end of which his readers will discover that he is a genius, a man brimming with love, and no one's enemy. It will be a general counter-statement, not a preemptive one. It will not be aimed at anyone in particular, but rather everyone, and this flavoring of misanthropy will make his work more definitive than even he intends.

If you have read all of this and suddenly thought, "My sweet Lord and Savior, his frame of mind sounds not entirely unlike Michael Jackson's!", you have merely realized that the delightful and far-reaching effects of fame are universal.

dazzak said:
He's got the tits for it.

Ouch.

Last edited:
Worm said:
-- and wasn't there a news story in the last year or so about him receiving a hefty advance from a publisher?--

A well written post there Worm. On the above point though, I seem to remember the rumour being denied by everyone and anyone.

Nothing was signed, this is true, but the Moz book was certainly being shopped around and offers sought. It's not a red herring. But it's all been very quiet on the book front since about this time last year (round about the Isle of Wight debacle). I imagine all album-making and promoting duties take precedence, which is as it should be.

Back
Top Bottom