Morrissey vs. Robbie W's live qualities

Mozzarella

Sailorgirl
This is for the two and a half people on this board who think that Robbie Williams is *the shit". And for the couple of more people who complain about repetative set lists and how Moz is at an all-time low gig wise.

The charlatan was uncovered last night.... Or let me start like this: I returned from following Moz's UK tour in May feeling somewhat overfed and disillusioned. While I was waiting for the spark to return, I thought I might just as well go and check out someone who seems like a fair substitude in some aspects (someone please smack my head with a baseball bat NOW). So I went to see Wobbie Rilliams two nights in a row. May I mention that he played my hometown of Hamburg twice, so at least I didn't travel.

First night was great, I had a jolly time and left feeling somewhat entertained. The chap seemed funny, articulate and the performance was good.

But on came the second night... and not only did he play EXACTLY the same setlist, including the "spontaneous" lyric changes, he told the same jokes, the same stories and made the same pathetic crowd-pleasing statements than the night before. I felt like I was watching the same movie for the second time. Infact it seemed like he had a script telling him what to do rolling on one of the monitors. I never thought this would be possible, but Robbie Williams has mastered the art of combining trying to hard with being completely, utterly bored.

I really wish I'd saved the money for that second show... but on the other hand, if I'd done that, I probably would have been sitting here still thinking that he can live up to Moz's standards. Gosh.

So - the bottom line is: Even though I agree that Moz has seen better days, he's still a dozen Robbie Williams' rolled into one and only heaven knows how this guy gained the reputation for being the world's greatest performer. The world's greatest poser, yes. But performer, no.

So save your money, even if he comes to your doorstep. You get two Morrissey shows for the price of one Robbie, plus you get to see someone who actually means what he sings about.

That lesson was well worth half a week's wages.... please take me back, Morrissey.

You are actually comparing Mozz to that "fat dancer"????
Where's my bat....

No I don't! I was pointing out the difference!

After all, there's a whole world out there who misguidedly thinks he's some new Elvis....

But the offer is still on, nevertheless, go on hit me....

Congrats on seeing Robbie !??!! OH DEAR........

I can't believe anyone can think for one moment that they can compare the two. It doesn't matter if Robbie does a completely different setlist every night, invents new jokes, and hands out personal invitations to tea.

He's still shit.

This one should go to the "Funny comments" thread, but anyway - the reaction of my brother when he saw some video from "Maladjusted" (I think) : "Who is this guy who's imitating Robbie?!" :D

Am I the only one who doesn't know who the hell this guy is (and who prefers to remain in the dark)?

B0002UYA68.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

someone tried to copy your arsenal artwork it seems...it's nice to feel Moz does iit better on shades

I think most of the people who have posted here have missed the point that Mozzarella wanted to when first creating this thread.

What he/she is saying is, whatever your opinion on RW - whether it's good OR bad (and please God, let it be bad!) - anyway, whichever way your swing for him, he is simply a pretender to the throne when it comes to live performance.

I was very interested to read this report as I had always thought his "wit" to be scripted and possibly repeated night after night, and now I know that it is.

For the sake of clarity for those pretending not to know of him, Robbie Williams has the fortune to carry with him a tag of "Great Entertainer", "Excellent Stage Presence" blah blah and indeed, blah. Reference is made to Freddie Mercury and Bono performances from Live Aid.

I know Nobhead Williams is a no talent. Please don't even mention him. I'm offended. You have ruined my day. ;-)

As for his supposed greatness, now I really appreciate the meaning of 'ignorance is bliss'.

Last edited:
Morrissey deserves MUSIC more than Robbie Williams. He is someone who is never interested in music like Morrissey in his teenage years. I don't like Robbie Williams as a public image, he is very famous (not in America:D), he is very rich and after all these things he wants to be entertaining in his concerts. Yes I'd go to see him, but I'd never compare him to Morrissey. He can never make me feel like I feel when I see Morrissey on the stage. There is no doubt...

Last edited:
I am someone on this site who does like Robbie (yes I admit it) I have paid what I think to be a huge amount of money to see him when he comes to Australia in December ( and have seen him before). I think he is a great performer and puts on a fun show - but perhaps not an emotionally connecting performer.

I read the book about him 'Feel' and was amazed at the amount of times Morrissey is mentioned. I think Robbie had a little obsession with Moz, but i don't think it has translated to the music. Robbie always goes for the lightweight angle instead of delving a little deeper in lyrically. I think he sells himself short.

It was obvious RW was a Moz fan, from I hope I'm old before I die, trouble with RW is that he craves credibility and falls flat on his face. He ape's about and remains the son of a night club singer, please put on your red coat and get to Butlins

Thanks for the report Mozzarella. You've confirmed what I always thought of Robbie Williams as a performer.

I've never liked his music and I don't like his voice, I find it very irritating. I think I was one of the only teenagers in Brittan that didn’t have some kind of Take That obsession.

I know it's a cliché but "his" music says nothing to me about my life.

Back
Top Bottom