Glamorous Glue - the video

The Seeker of Good Songs

The video was shown last night on VH-1 Classics' "Alternative" programme.
I like the video a lot, the artistic videoing of the band and other things in the room they are playing in
I was curious if anyone knew any details about the video. Like who the black man might be and what is the significance of the one solitary person watching them perform.

As a side note, they played "the Youngest..." video directly after.

Two Morrissey videos back-to-back, let alone two Morrissey videos in one day.

I always watch "The Alternative" on weds and sunds and I thought it was weird that they played two Moz videos back-to-back.....I've never seen that done before for any artist on this show. Could it be TYWTML promotion since the single was just released here in the U.S.? They've also shown TYWTML video on Classic/Current show a few times with "Every Day Is like Sunday" before it.

I just think that VH1 Classic producers love Moz/Smiths.....it's not unusual to see a Moz and a Smiths video on "The Alternative" almost everytime, although, not back-to-back.

This week I really took notice of how much they play Moz/Smiths on this channel, Moz gets played on almost every show except "Metal Mania" and "Rock Fest" ..... his videos appear on "We are the 80's" "The Alternative" "Pop Show" "Tuesday 2Play" "The Vault" and even seen him on "Request hour" a while back.

Here's a list of the Moz videos I've seen in the past week on this channel:

"Tomorrow" -Moz [The Alternative]
"There Is a Light...." -Smiths [The Alternative]
"Ouija Board, Ouija Board" -Moz [The Alternative]
"There Is a Light..." -Moz "Recent Live Version" [We are the 80's]
"This Charming Man" -Smiths [We are the 80's]
"Shoplifters Of the World Unite" [The Alternative]
"SMIYTYHTOB" -Smiths [Tuesday 2Play]
"Sheila Take A Bow -Smiths [Tuesday 2Play]
"Glamorous Glue"/ "TYWTML" -Moz [The Alternative]

And these are just the ones I got to see by chance on shows other than "The Alternative" which I watch regularly. There really is love for the Moz on Vh1 Classic, can't think of any other artist that gets on so many shows like him, maybe The Cure but not as often.

PS: Has anyone seen "The Youngest....." on regular Vh1, Mtv, Mtv2, or Fuse?
I dont' watch any of those crappy channels so I wouldn't know, but I'm curious.

-D

It was shot at The Kingston Mines bar in Chicago back in 92'. They announced on the radio the day before that they were filming a Moz video there, and they told fans to show up to be in the video. A lot of people camped out I think. The band played on the small stage while a small group of fans that were able to get in, stood as the audience. Then the video came out, none of the fans were in it. Never was quite sure why that happened. They probably just decided to change the concept a bit, but maybe someone else knows.

The Seeker of Good Songs said:
The video was shown last night on VH-1 Classics' "Alternative" programme.
I like the video a lot, the artistic videoing of the band and other things in the room they are playing in
I was curious if anyone knew any details about the video. Like who the black man might be and what is the significance of the one solitary person watching them perform.

As a side note, they played "the Youngest..." video directly after.

Two Morrissey videos back-to-back, let alone two Morrissey videos in one day.

Morrissey "Tomorrow" just came on Vh1 Classic again, in between R.E.M. and Mike + The Mechanics[Yuk!]

I love this Moz video because it's extremely well done, it's very cinematic with the single long shot technique. I wonder how many takes of the 3min shot they had to do to get it right, must of been a pain in the ass to have to start all over again from the begining if a single little thing went wrong, does anyone have any idea if it was ever mentioned how make takes they did? Moz really looked very natural and comfortable, the guys in the back look too forced trying to act spontaneous.
This video is the exact opposite of "WHIWOFBS" video where it's cut after cut after cut [still good]

Also love "Tomorrow" because Moz just looks super dreamy and deliciously handsome......aahww!!

DAnn Coulter said:
PS: Has anyone seen "The Youngest....." on regular Vh1, Mtv, Mtv2, or Fuse?
I don't' watch any of those crappy channels so I wouldn't know, but I'm curious.

-D

I no longer watch the MTV, MTV 2 or VH-1 (regular)...they are blocked from my satellite receiver. I found that they have so many "vulgar" shows, that I can't let it be accessible with my 10 and 6 year old in the house.

I no longer watch the MTV, MTV 2 or VH-1 (regular)...they are blocked from my satellite receiver. I found that they have so many "vulgar" shows, that I can't let it be accessible with my 10 and 6 year old in the house.

I was exposed to that stuff at an early age and look how little harm it's done to... *breaks down crying and runs away*

Sir Alec said:
I was exposed to that stuff at an early age and look how little harm it's done to... *breaks down crying and runs away*

I know what you are saying...but I think what is on those channels these days is far far different from what was even 5 years ago, let alone at MTV's inception, which I viewed. The shows about the mother picking the guy to be her daughters blind date, and the questions of "what are you going to do with her (giggle giggle)...oooo look at that chest of yours...I'd like to go out with you..." blah blah blah. It is all a bit sickening.

Perhaps I am living in a different world...or trying to.

I know what you are saying...but I think what is on those channels these days is far far different from what was even 5 years ago, let alone at MTV's inception, which I viewed. The shows about the mother picking the guy to be her daughters blind date, and the questions of "what are you going to do with her (giggle giggle)...oooo look at that chest of yours...I'd like to go out with you..." blah blah blah. It is all a bit sickening.

Perhaps I am living in a different world...or trying to.

Yes Sir!.....Sounds to me like you ARE living in a different world then most of the popullation these days, a world of decensy and common sense........I'm part of this world too...HI!! MTV VH-1 and Fuse are channels filled with the most horrible current music [that is, when they actually play music] Most of the shows on MTV are simply reprehensable [pure filth and trash!] filled with gold-digging skanks whoring themselves for a chance to be on tv.....these people have no dignity what so ever. I'm glad to hear that you're not exposing your young kids to this crap....I did watch MTV as a kid but that was a very different MTV back in the late 80's early 90's.
One of the worst shows ever is on Fuse called "Dance Off, Pants Off" where they pay ignorant people $200 to humiliate themselves and loose their self-respect by having them dance/strip naked in front of a screen playing a music video......To me this is as vile/tasteless as prostitution. I will admit that I watch "The Surreal Life" and "The Real World" though.....can't resist watching Celebreties humiliate themselves for publicity. Maybe I should have these channels blocked because I really feel guilty everytime I watch these shows.......the explotation of the psycho-anorexic girl on The Real World by the producers is incredibly mean and heartless [she did sign up for it, but these people should have a little more consideration] she's obviously in need of major psy help!

I know I sound intolerant for a 25y/o Liberal dude but I'm just sick of all this immorality going on. MTV's Gay LOGO channel is another one that makes me sick with their close-minded portrayl of homosexuals as materialistic/plastic little whores who live only to party, do drugs, shop and have promiscous sex with as may people as possible......I take personal offense to this because I happen to be gay and nothing like this at all.

Anyway, sorry about my rant.....saw the opportunity to let loose and didn't let it pass.

PS: thank god for VH-1 Classic and Satellite Radio

Back
Top Bottom