~ The 'All things CATS' thread ~

here's my sophie earlier today:
Y29udGVudDovL21lZGlhL2V4dGVybmFs-954.jpg

and during my "revelations LP photoshoot"
Y29udGVudDovL21lZGlhL2V4dGVybmFs-1418.jpg

We live in the country, so I have a lot of outside cats. My favourite cat, Alaska, was playing in the field once, when I was walking home, and I called to her, and she ran all the way home with me, and it was the best thing ever.
I love cats.

picture.php

my cat, engrossed in Mozipedia

P1001240408255.jpg

now that I have a laptop again, Armelle enjoys squeezing her way in between me and the computer. She gets jealous of the simplest of things. If I'm on the bed with Wrigley, she'll jump up and make sure she's by me.
speaking of Wrigley
22633_249714554902_515259902_438266.jpg

we only recently found out he did this. my dad thought I had put the blanket on top of him.
22633_249714599902_515259902_438266.jpg

waiting for my dad to get back inside. they have a love/hate relationship
22633_249714669902_515259902_438267.jpg

22633_249714609902_515259902_438266.jpg

THE only picture we have of the two together. They'll only sit/lay next to each other if I'm on the bed with them. otherwise it's Armelle "growling" at Wrigley and Wrigley just looking around dumbly.

Alex:

At six weeks! (5 years ago!!)
Alexasababy.jpg

And now...all grown up!
YesIamKing.jpg

Pier:

Relaxing
ImportedPhotos00122.jpg

Attacking!
GetemPier.jpg

And my take from the song I Keep Mine Hidden:
Pierkeepinghershidden.jpg

I Like Kittens

I like kittens. They are cute.

Re: I Like Kittens

pics plz. kthx.

Italian TV chef suspended after praising cat meat during show: 'It's tastier than other animals'
By Nick Pisa
Last updated at 9:38 AM on 17th February 2010

An Italian TV chef has been suspended after he horrified animal lovers and station chiefs by praising the delights of cat meat during a show.
Beppe Bigazzi, enraged animal rights experts around the country when he gave advice on preparing 'tender, white cat meat' in a section of the show usually reserved for advice about nutrition.

Mr Bigazzi is co-presenter on Italy's version of Ready Steady Cook - called La Prova del Cuoco (The Cooks' Challenge).

Previous guests have included Italian born chef and I'm A Celebrity winner Gino D'Campo.

During the show Mr Bigazzi said that he had often eaten cat meat and found it 'tastier than other animals' and added: 'I can assure you it's a delicacy now I am going to get lots of letters.'

As he predicted, his remarks resulted in the switchboard of RAI TV's HQ in Rome lighting up like a Christmas tree with thousands also complaining on websites and in letters.

The more publishable comments ranged from describing him as 'completely mad' and demanding that he be fired for saying 'such a stupid thing' on the popular lunchtime show.

Animal campaigners as well as politicians also reacted angrily with health undersecretary and vocal animal rights activist Francesca Martini slamming Mr Bigazzi's comments as 'offensive to the growing number of people who care about the way we treat animals'.

Ms Martini added that it was 'shameful' for a state television employee to recommend a notion as 'despicable' as eating cats on national TV and that killing and cooking cats was illegal under a 1991 law and punishable by up to 18 months in jail.

Station deputy director Gianvito Lomaglio said he was suspending Mr Bigazzi until further notice and that he had also launched an investigation into the episode.

Mr Bigazzi - who has been on the show for more than ten years - said that it had all been a 'misunderstanding' and that he would be more than happy to explain to TV bosses what had happened.

He added: 'It's all a big mix up - once they see the video they will see that there is nothing untoward, it's just a misunderstanding and I don't really want to say anything else.'

Mr Bigazzi, who is from Tuscany and has written several cookbooks said: 'I was just trying to explain a saying from where I come from about the eating of cats. In the 30s and 40s they were very popular.'

According to a recent report, there are an estimated 44million pets living in Italy - 7.5million of them cats.

Despite their popularity, however, around 150,000 animals are abandoned each year by their owners and there are at least 73,000 annual reports of mistreatment or abuse.

While cat meat is illegal in Italy, it is a popular winter dish throughout China and much of South East Asia. The row comes in advance of tomorrow's World Cat Day.

Tags
cats cats rule kitties meow neow nyan-nyan purr pussies galore
Back
Top Bottom