~ The 'All things CATS' thread ~

Something lovely just dawned on me.

When I had the litter of kittens, the first one to leave was picked up by a woman I knew from high school who lives in San Diego. When she was in my home with her daughter ready to take the first kitten from the litter, a heartbreaking thing happened. Jolene the mom took the kitten upstairs away from everyone and groomed him alone, as though saying goodbye. After 30 minutes of awkward small talk I finally walked upstairs and brought him down and into the carrier "Gus" went and off to his new homeopathic home in San Diego. My friend said she could only take one kitten as her husband refused two. Fast forward six months and it turns out my friend is divorcing her husband. I have been campaigning on facebook to find a home for the mother, Jolene, who is miserable at my mom's house. SHe hates Car Wash. (He wants to play all day every day) She hates Grace our elderly lady cat. She hates Teddy. She hates everything. She loves humans though. So my San Diego friend asked if she could try out Jolene! THat means she's going back to live with her son who first left her who she personally groomed. This Saturday I drive her down provided my dad and I get my car fixed today. She'll be sooooo much happier playing laser chase with a 7-year-old girl than bickering with every animal at my mom's house. I hope it works. Also Car Wash and Grace are getting along well. Grace is still mourning the loss of her sister Mae, but Car seems to be filling the void. Car Wash loves everything. :sweet:

I bet you a dollar Jolene made the divorce happen. Cats are assholes that way. :D

Last edited:
Just couldn't resist:

View attachment 33387
That's Kater Purrsi. He loves being hugged and lifted up. Unfortunately he is a bit sniffly and feverish at the moment. But the vet took care of him yesterday and all he needs right now is ....

View attachment 33388
... a good round of healthy and restorative sleep. Sweet Dreams. Meanwhile ...

View attachment 33389
... his best friend Tarzan is feasting on undivided human attention and affection.

Oh. My. Gawd. I'm in love. They are the cutest. Look at those faces.

Jolene in her new home. She loves the girls and they love her. She does NOT love her son Gus, though. The kitten they took. She keeps smacking his head. I need her to stop smacking his head so she can stay with the girls who will be good for her. I don't know how to tell a cat to calm the f*** down. Maybe I need to be Jolene and calm the f*** down about some of my mind babies.

15684528240_73c767e683_b.jpg

Gus wants to play with her so bad, here he's reaching under the door to try and contact her while she's in bad cat quarantine for smacking him all the time. She's over it though, she just wants humans.

15684341418_ac141845c6_b.jpg

Jolene in her new home. She loves the girls and they love her. She does NOT love her son Gus, though. The kitten they took. She keeps smacking his head. I need her to stop smacking his head so she can stay with the girls who will be good for her. I don't know how to tell a cat to calm the f*** down. Maybe I need to be Jolene and calm the f*** down about some of my mind babies.

15684528240_73c767e683_b.jpg

Gus wants to play with her so bad, here he's reaching under the door to try and contact her while she's in bad cat quarantine for smacking him all the time. She's over it though, she just wants humans.

15684341418_ac141845c6_b.jpg

I hope that little girl is nice to her. Look what she is doing with her fingers. :(

I hope that little girl is nice to her. Look what she is doing with her fingers. :(

I keep getting updates. She refused to go to bed without Jolene next to her last night. Seems legit, I don't think it's propaganda despite the look on Jo's face. She hates having her picture taken, that's not new.

15877041025_dff5e618f0_b.jpg

hB7749976

The best of George Takei's cat roundup today.

embpxafjr2vqesl7ycvv.gif

e00kgwjr6zahzf9169na.jpeg

and2dmakn7ikhno1l3ng.jpeg

4b1ekb8cwuzf7kaeddju.gif

My friend Joe is a big fan of Norse mythology and history so I sent him a pic of this crocheted viking helmet for cats:

kitty-cat-viking-hat-01.jpg

And he replied how timely it was becaue last week they brought home a rescue kitty named Luna. :sweet:

1907863_412485375566451_7711501682933140111_n.jpg

There's a special place in heaven for people who rescue shelter animals.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone say a little prayer for Car Wash's balls which are being removed this very minute. End of the family line. :pray:

Sooooo, where to start.

My friend had two cats she sorta neglected. WHen she got pregnant I "saved" the cats who were litter mates and who are elderly and who were trolling my friend's baby stuff by peeing on it, so I brought them to my mom's house. I could not bring them to my house because they wanted to eat my bird. So Mae died recently and left Grace alone who had never been alone her whole life, she had her sister every day with her. Then I save this pregnant street hussy and fall for one of the kittens and bring him home. Grace and Car Wash pretty much smacked each other in the face all day. The master plan was to have me bring Car Wash over to my place, train him NOT to eat birds, but wait til after Christmas because he's still a spazz kitten and my tree would be on the floor in three seconds. However...

16179543621_4004e159c4_b.jpg

Over the past two weeks Grace and Car Wash have bonded. THey groom each other now, she's taken him in and taught him how to cat, he's always by her side...I'm thinking I should keep them together at my mom's now. He'll let me know, if he's bored and wants to come over he'll be a terror and piss my mom off and I'll go get him, but for now I think he's enjoying chillin' with the elders.

Car sportin' his Alien Eye.

16249162905_626997c0f5_b.jpg

IMG_20141227_171001.jpgIMG_20141227_171250.jpg

My mother-in-laws cats. The slim one - the one on the right (Buttons) is the nicest cat I've ever known. He's the boss of the house and walks about getting a rub here and there, gets grabbed by kids, picked up, he doesn't give a f***. He's just feeling the love.

The fat one (Elvis) just prior to attacking me in the photo, honestly I couldn't take a photo that did his fatness justice, he's like a barrel. Anyway, Elvis, I think he's got a few families as he's growing at a rapid rate. He's a skittish attack cat but I think it's down to him being not the top cat. Me and him get on now as I get him, he strikes the fear of God into most others though.

These cats rule.

2014-10-03-E-Mail.png

Tags
cats cats rule kitties meow neow nyan-nyan purr pussies galore
Back
Top Bottom