Seasick, Yet Still Docked

zom

Menior Sember
This song is completely enveloping me right now. Everything about it the music the lyrics the voice it is entrancing. I have it looping on iTunes...

For a time I avoided this brooding sorrowful lament but in this moment it is not that to me. It is beauty.

The images from the video are washing through my mind. Amazing lighting.

Wow, I am blown away by this song.

Again.

For some reason this song has quieted my swirling mind.

As others have posted before, if I could meet Morrissey it would be experiences like this that I would thank him.

Music can be so much.

zom

Oh,my....Seasick is describing my love situation as well. Especially the last part (my love is as sharp as a needle in your eye, you must be such a fool to pass me by).And the way he sings that line....Its running through my head these days also. Dear, dear MOZ! You are too beautiful for such an ugly world!

One of the lines that makes me smile is:

Tonight I've consumed much more than I can hold
Oh, this is very clear to you

Isnt that always the way. Your booze strikes others faster than it strikes you...:)

zom

For me, the live version on Beethoven Was Deaf magnifies your sentiments. I'm also guilty of setting that track to repeat in my car.

tender hooligan said:
Oh,my....Seasick is describing my love situation as well. Especially the last part (my love is as sharp as a needle in your eye, you must be such a fool to pass me by).And the way he sings that line....Its running through my head these days also. Dear, dear MOZ! You are too beautiful for such an ugly world!

In the true tradition of plagiarism, I invite you to look at these lyrics:

http://www.lyricstime.com/joni-mitchell-the-silky-veils-of-ardor-lyrics.html

I can't take the credit for spotting this, Simon Goddard pointed it out to me.

Peter

Uncleskinny said:
In the true tradition of plagiarism, I invite you to look at these lyrics:

http://www.lyricstime.com/joni-mitchell-the-silky-veils-of-ardor-lyrics.html

I can't take the credit for spotting this, Simon Goddard pointed it out to me.

Peter

Even with all the Joni albums I have, I somehow do not have Don Juan's Reckless Daughter from where this song originates. So, no way would I have known about some of these lines and the song's theme being "stolen" (!). Thanks for pointing this out.

But how about the music and melody? Are they similar for the two songs in any way?

Also, didn't Moz source some "Shoplifters" lyrics from this same album? Anyone know what song it was?

It is a masterpiece. If I had to pick 1 song to listen to before I die it just might b seasick. You're not alone.

no one in particular said:
Even with all the Joni albums I have, I somehow do not have Don Juan's Reckless Daughter from where this song originates. So, no way would I have known about some of these lines and the song's theme being "stolen" (!). Thanks for pointing this out.

But how about the music and melody? Are they similar for the two songs in any way?

Also, didn't Moz source some "Shoplifters" lyrics from this same album? Anyone know what song it was?

I've looked through the lyrics, and there's a passing "Half A Person" reference in the song Don Juan's Reckless Daughter itself. Silky Veils Of Ardor is nothing like Seasick...musically, but still a beautiful song. I must dust off the old vinyl and give her another listen.

Peter

zom said:
This song is completely enveloping me right now. Everything about it the music the lyrics the voice it is entrancing. I have it looping on iTunes...

For a time I avoided this brooding sorrowful lament but in this moment it is not that to me. It is beauty.

The images from the video are washing through my mind. Amazing lighting.

Wow, I am blown away by this song.

Again.

For some reason this song has quieted my swirling mind.

As others have posted before, if I could meet Morrissey it would be experiences like this that I would thank him.

Music can be so much.

zom

HERE HERE!

I'm hooked.

I said it before this song brings tears to my eyes.

This is possibly one of my top 5 moz songs, the lyrics are just so beautiful, I can relate to them very much so and the chords on the guitar just reflect the mood of the entire song... I would love to cover that song, but I'd be afraid I'd ruin it :(.
Fantastic song, lyrically awesome and just one of those songs I love to sing along to when I'm feeling down; not too sure about the video though, I mean, I like it...but It's definitely not one of his best as far as videos go.

Back
Top Bottom