As far as Morrissey's 'social phobia' goes...

F

Folly

I have heard on good authority that someone suggested he read a very good and insightful book called "The Highly Sensitive Person." I am sure there are plenty of them who actually post on this board, but it isn't what you think it is. It doesn't mean you are over-sensitive to what someone may say or do to you; it refers to how you may percieve a situation when you walk into it, or how you may view a large crowd of people and become overwhelmed sensitorial wise...I have grown up this way, and have finally started to understand why I am the way I am. It is such a relief to know that there is a way to slow myself down so that when I walk into a room full of lovely people I don't freak out and run back to my car and drive off! Don't get me wrong- any normal person wouldn't recognise a HSP just from looking at them, unless they are one. I am very social and can seeeem comfy even when I am not. But many times I am just covering up my overloaded system by acting more reserved than I actually feel. It's how I grew up, and it makes me seem more serious than I am, and a bit more quiet, but it has worked for many years for me and I plan to stick to it until I get the hang of making a crowd seem more like one person at a time. So until then, if you happen to be in LA or Orange County, and you see a woman who seems very quiet, and serious observing a crowd- thats me!!!

HSP's are very interesting people- and almost all of us tend to be right-brained. Creative, that is. Oh, enough analysis!

Blah-Blah!!!

> HSP's are very interesting people- and almost all of us tend to
> be right-brained. Creative, that is. Oh, enough analysis!

That's right. build yourself up before the psychiatriast knocks you back down!

you will be assimilated.

> That's right. build yourself up before the psychiatriast knocks
> you back down!

> you will be assimilated.

Nah, I never let anyone close enough to do such a thing...and as far as a psychiatrist goes I haven't been to one since I was 8 years old and my family was trying to figure out why I didn't want to go to school...

SCHOOL= big, empty building with walls that seem to ooze creepy feelings of "help me escape" from them.
Also known as: Big building filled with people who call themselves teachers, but are in reality power crazy fiends who need to 'teach' what they believe to unsuspecting/impressionable children who go home and tell Mommy and Daddy what they learned today, only to be told they learned wrong. HUH?!

I think I've done alright since rebelling against those stages in my life, eh?

TA!

Back
Top Bottom