by

CemetryGates

~~~~~OR~~~~~

death.jpg

by

deathfornoreason

Oh my god said:
i voted 1
cuz i got confused and thought it was Terence Stamp maybe i should move to Florida...

LOL Robby. :D

MozWhatDiff.jpg

http://www.passionsjustlikemine.com/disc/smiths-d03wddim.htm

Artwork information:

Original releases show Terence Stamp from the 1965 movie "The Collector". The photo is not a still from the film, it probably was a publicity shot. The first UK 12" and the Holland 12" didn't have the band's name on the front.

Because Stamp didn't approve of the Smiths using his photograph, later UK 12" pressings have Morrissey mock Stamp's pose and grin, holding a glass of milk instead of a chloroform pad. This picture was also used for Germany, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Spain and Portugal 12"s. The Morrissey photo was also used on the USA, Australia, New Zealand and later UK 7"s, but with the band name.

Stamp finally gave his approval (after intervention by Sandie Shaw) and the original photograph was reinstated on later pressings of the UK 12", but with the band's name added. The UK and Australia cd-singles and 7"s from all countries except the USA, Australia and New Zealand also have this cover of Stamp and band name.

In France the 12" single shows Morrissey and the band name in white, on the right. There is no artwork for the Canadian single.

Back
Top Bottom