It's Friday night, and again I spend it alone.

L

Lonely Guy

As you can see it is a Friday night, and I have chosen, or shall
I say I was forced, due to the reality of myself, to spend it in
doors with only the company my favorite books that I will now
reread for the hundredth time. I'm surprised I haven't yet memorized the pages. Is there any one else that has as much trouble with Friday nights as I do? I thought by now I would be in love. I was wrong.
It's funny, I have this image of the perfect love in my mind, yet as much as I engage the search, it never seems to materialize.
Does anyone think that I might be asking for too much, or is it because I'm just incurably hopeless in my own transparent way.
I feel open to love, yet it does not seem to want to step any
closer to me.
Does anyone feel anything relative to this?
I would appreciate some insightful words from anyone willing to lend them.

Alone,
Lonely Guy

Lonely guy,
All i can say to your post is UGH - listen as much as people might feel sorry for you i can't help but think that you're a typical moaning moz fan.

I mean listen lonely guy your life is in your hands, what you choose to do with it is up to you. Why sit home and moan and cry about it? It just comes off as pathetic. I mean did you ever stop to think why it is you can't get a date? I can tell you being a woman myself that we do not like pathetic whiney men, it's just gross.

I know this all may sound incredibly ugly but the harsh truth is you really should grow up and get a life.¿ As you can see it is a Friday night, and I have chosen, or shall¿ I say I was forced, due to the reality of myself, to spend it in¿ doors with only the company my favorite books that I will now¿ reread for the hundredth time. I'm surprised I haven't yet¿ memorized the pages. Is there any one else that has as much¿ trouble with Friday nights as I do? I thought by now I would be¿ in love. I was wrong.¿ It's funny, I have this image of the perfect love in my mind,¿ yet as much as I engage the search, it never seems to¿ materialize.¿ Does anyone think that I might be asking for too much, or is it¿ because I'm just incurably hopeless in my own transparent way.¿ I feel open to love, yet it does not seem to want to step any¿ closer to me.¿ Does anyone feel anything relative to this?¿ I would appreciate some insightful words from anyone willing to¿ lend them.¿ Alone,¿ Lonely Guy

¿ I know this all may sound incredibly ugly but the harsh truth is¿ you really should grow up and get a life.

Ah, that was another point I meant to bring up. DO NOT keep pestering anyone with "nobody likes me", "I can't get any dates" and "what's wrong with me?" as a means of seeing if a person actually likes you. Especially if they respond with a compliment trying to make you feel better, and then you keep on, and on, and on about your problem and that person is going to give up and tune you out.

Don't click here

DEAR LONELY GUY,

I KNOW WHAT U MEAN..TRUST ME...I'M SITTING AT HOME ON MY OWN..AND I KNOW ITS HARD BUT REALLY TRUST ME GO OUT .....DONT STAY HOME AND BE SAD....AND IN RESPONSE TO SIREN, ....I MEAN LONELY GUY JUST NEEDS TO TALK TO SOMEONE AND HERE U COME OUT SAYING THAT HE NEEDS TO GROW UP....MAYBE ITS HARDER FOR HIM THAN U.....BUT GOOD LUCK LONELY GUY.....I KNOW ITS GONNA HAPPEN SOMEDAY.....

CHERRY

ONE MORE THING LONELY GUY...I FELL IN LOVE WITH THOSE WORDS....A LONELY SOUL...AND SO AM I.....

CHERRY

have you ever felt alone?

really alone?

do you know what is the sensation of been completely and hopeless alone?

i know the best way to help people is not feeling the same pain they feel - so both can get out toghether of the terrible situation.

but i think you don't know what a completely loneliness means.

the only feeling i have towards you now is, i must admit, envy...

HEY THERE LONELY GUY, I DON'T THINK THAT IT IS BY CHOICE OR SOMETHING WE DECIDE TO DO OVER NIGHT...BUT FOR SOME OF US LONELINESS AND SOLITUDE ARE JUST A REALITY WE HAVE TO LIVE WITH, IT SEEMS THAT WE HAVE BEEN PUT ON THIS PLANET TO LEAD A MORBID LIFE IN SEARCH OF SOMETHING THAT WOULD MAKE SENSE TO US AND SOMEHOW GIVE US MEANING BY WHICH WE CAN LIVE BY. BELIEVE ME WHEN I SAY THAT IF A BOOK IS ABLE TO BRING ME THE COMPANY THAT I LONG FOR THEN I WELCOME IT WITH AN OPEN HEART. SOMETIMES A BOOK CAN BRING YOU MORE PEACE OF MIND THAN ANYTHING OR ANYONE. A BOOK CAN BRING UP WHEN YOU FIND YOURSELF UNDER THE WORST SITUATION OF LIFE. I AM SURE THAT THERE ARE MANY OF US OUT THERE THAT FEEL THE SAME AND SHARE THE PAIN THAT YOU AND I HAVE TO LIVE BY, HEAVEN KNOWS WE ARE MISERABLE NOW!!!! YOU WONDER IF YOU ARE ASKING FOR TOO MUCH, BUT WHAT IS TOO MUCH??? I ONCE THOUGHT THAT I HAD FOUND EVERYTHING IN LIFE BUT AS IT TURNED OUT WHAT I FOUND ENDED UP DESTRYING MY SPIRIT...SO MAYBE WE ARE MEANT TO LIVE THIS WAY FOR THE REST OF OUR LIVES AND TO ME THAT IS THE BEST WAY TO LIVE BY...I HAVE SEEN THE UGLINESS OF LIFE, LOVE, PEOPLE, THE WORLD...I HATED IT..
AND NOW I TAKE REFUGE IN THE FOUR WALLS IN MY ROOM. I HAVE MADE IT PRISON CELL, MY SANCTUARY...AND IF ITS MEANT FOR ME TO LIVE ALONE THEN I THINK I MUCH RATHER TAKE IT AND CHERISH MY SOLITUDE....

AND FOR THOSE WHO PUSHES US AWAY, AND PUNISHES US FOR LEADING THIS WAY OF LIFE, THEN TO YOU I SAY...WHAT MAKES YOUR LIFE ANY BETTER THAN OURS? THINK ABOUT IT AND SEE IF YOU TRULY LEAD A HAPPY LIFE, YOU WILL FIND THAT YOU ARE NOT ANY DIFFERENT FROM US....WE ALL LIVE IN SOLITUDE..

You can only understand your own reality. This is mine.

Siren, there is so much that you could never comprehend about my reality.

My existence is not designed of such simple notions.

I just can't awake one day and develop the feeling of love for someone.

It has to be sought and found, or it has to arrive to me.

So far it has not appeared on all accounts.

Sometimes wanting something badly does not give you the power to receive it.

I can only sit in wait and and keep my heart vastly open.

If I didn't have hope then I would not be here right now.

It's just a matter who.

And when.

-Lonely Guy

Re: You can only understand your own reality. This is mine.

> Siren, there is so much that you could never comprehend about my¿ reality.

So what do you think my reality is? A life of frivolity and joy?

You know love and happiness have to be sought out and grabbed. They don't just fall in your lap you know.

I mean some plonker actually said they envied me which is implying what? That I live this incredibly wonderful life and that I'm never lonely on the deep signifigant level that you are. How daft is that!

He obviously didn't stop to think that maybe i just handle myself differently and don't go around whining and looking for attention and pity like some people.¿ My existence is not designed of such simple notions.¿ I just can't awake one day and develop the feeling of love for¿ someone.

Doh!! No kidding!! Who does!¿ It has to be sought and found, or it has to arrive to me.

Love doesn't just arrive. It doesn't just drop on your head you know.¿ So far it has not appeared on all accounts.

And do you ever wonder why that is? I know people think i sound like a bitch but you are just dazed out in the way you think!¿ Sometimes wanting something badly does not give you the power to¿ receive it.

Well of course not! Listen how old you are you anyway?¿ I can only sit in wait and and keep my heart vastly open.

Sit and wait? well I'm sorry to say you'll be looking at many more lonely nights in the future then.¿ If I didn't have hope then I would not be here right now.¿ It's just a matter who.¿ And when.

No it's a matter of when you're going to get off your ass and do something about it. That is your reality lonely guy. It is EVERYONES reality.

Well here's my story: it's Friday, I'm alone (as usual) and I'm feeling reasonably pleasant. I used to feel like you do, now I just don't care anymore. I could go the rest of my life alone and be perfectly alright. I'm mightily disillusioned and prefer to spend my time in complete denial. I have no clue what is going on with the world. It's a very pleasant way to live, but sometimes you just realise (until you manage to cover it up again with more denial) that it's actually very horrible. I don't miss being a depressed wreck pining over unrequited love...wait no, I do miss that, it was fun in a twisted way...what I'm trying to say is sad and bad emotions are probably better than none at all...

Geez, where do I begin? First, is this a joke, Loathly Guy? Please tell me that this post is just a lame ploy to attract the opposite (or possibly same) sex for I can't believe that there is a soul out there that could be half as pathetic as you seem. You reek of the dour stench of weakness -- a quality that isn't looked upon too highly when they're looking for someone. I usually don't believe in striking on someone within these confines so personally, but you started it. Which brings me to my second point, why do you think Morrissey-solo.com is your personal dating service? I can direct you personally torwards piles of "lonely hearts" web sites and chat rooms, if it will only spare us from your labored attempt of displaying your heart on your sleeve. I could go on, but I'm hoping these two points will stir you in a corrective direction.

Who the hell do you think you are? You took the time to post a message about how pathetic this guy is, and you obviously have enough time on your hands in the midst of a Friday night to do so! How Pathetic! I find that intriguing and humorously ironic! I'm beginning to believe that all guys with the name Mike, have an @#!!! streak in them! People in glass houses shouldn't s*h*i*t all over the place!

It's unbecoming and sickening to the neighbors!

> Who the hell do you think you are?

I'M MICHAEL, JB, NOT MIKE AS YOU SLOVENLY PUT IT.¿ You took the time to post a¿ message about how pathetic this guy is, and you obviously have¿ enough time on your hands in the midst of a Friday night to do¿ so! How Pathetic!

YES, I DID POST A MESSAGE, DIDN'T I JB (REREAD MY POST AND YOU'LL UNDERSTAND WHY I DID.) I'M A WORKING WRITER, I JUST FINISHED MY COLUMN, SENT IT OFF TO MY EDITOR AND POPPED IN THIS WEB SITE TO SEE WHAT'S NEW IN THE WORLD OF MORRISSEY. INSTEAD I READ THE MOST DEPRESSINGLY PATHETIC POST IN THE HISTORY OF THE WWW. LOATHLY GUY'S ONLY EXCUSE WILL BE IF HE'S 14, STILL LIVES AT HOME, DOESN'T HAVE A BILL TO PAY, AND IS STILL LIVING OFF HIS PARENT'S PROVERBIAL TEAT. THE ONLY POST THAT COMES THIS CLOSE TO HUMOR WAS LAST WEEK'S SLEW OF COLUMBINE POSTS.¿ I find that intriguing and humorously ironic!¿ I'm beginning to believe that all guys with the name Mike, have¿ an @#!!! streak in them! People in glass houses shouldn't¿ s*h*i*t all over the place!¿ It's unbecoming and sickening to the neighbors!

I FIND IT FITTING THAT YOU RESORT TO BASE WORDS SUCH AS "@#!!!" AND THE ALWAYS POPULAR "@#!!!." THE ONLY THING THAT REALLY SHOCKS ME IS THAT YOU DIDN'T THROW IN A MORRISSEY LYRIC IN THERE. WELL, I ASSUME THESE EPISODES ARE DUE TO LACK OF AGE AND EXPERIENCE.

The nerve and lack thereof of some people.

> I'M MICHAEL, JB, NOT MIKE AS YOU SLOVENLY PUT IT.

Well sir, you have revealed yourself to be an @ss, therefore you have awarded yourself the title of "Mike."

Sorry, those are the rules!¿ YES, I DID POST A MESSAGE, DIDN'T I JB (REREAD MY POST AND¿ YOU'LL UNDERSTAND WHY I DID.) I'M A WORKING WRITER, I JUST¿ FINISHED MY COLUMN, SENT IT OFF TO MY EDITOR AND POPPED IN THIS¿ WEB SITE TO SEE WHAT'S NEW IN THE WORLD OF MORRISSEY.

I really don't care Mike.

I didn't ask that.

How narcissistic of you.

I assume you are a journalist of some sort.

Correct?

In other words you are a failed writer, so stop strutting like you have important matters to grapple with.

INSTEAD I¿ READ THE MOST DEPRESSINGLY PATHETIC POST IN THE HISTORY OF THE¿ WWW. LOATHLY GUY'S ONLY EXCUSE WILL BE IF HE'S 14, STILL LIVES¿ AT HOME, DOESN'T HAVE A BILL TO PAY, AND IS STILL LIVING OFF HIS¿ PARENT'S PROVERBIAL TEAT. THE ONLY POST THAT COMES THIS CLOSE TO¿ HUMOR WAS LAST WEEK'S SLEW OF COLUMBINE POSTS.

Maybe, but that's his world and who are you to speak ill of it?

I mean, you write a column.

Some people daydream and yearn.

I find daydreaming and yearning much more noble and interesting.

You proabbaly don't, but I'm not going to spend time telling you what a worthless fool I think you are.

Try spending more time on your columns and stop harassing people you feel don't possess the your ideals of good character.

You really look more like an @ss doing so Mikey.

I'm telling you this because I care about you.

I mean, think about it, you are taking the time to tell a disenchanted man what a weak person you think he is.

What's the point?

The fact that you felt compelled to attack this person reveals more about your own character than it does about "Lonely Guys."¿ I FIND IT FITTING THAT YOU RESORT TO BASE WORDS SUCH AS "¿ @#!!! " AND THE ALWAYS POPULAR "@#!!!."

*Yawn*

Yes Mikey, you are above such obscenities.

Did they teach you that in columnists school?

I dare you to put @#!!! and "@#!!!" in your next column.

Come on, live a little Mikey!

Show us that you are not as stuffy and arrogant as you come across. :)

THE ONLY¿ THING THAT REALLY SHOCKS ME IS THAT YOU DIDN'T THROW IN A¿ MORRISSEY LYRIC IN THERE. WELL, I ASSUME THESE EPISODES ARE DUE¿ TO LACK OF AGE AND EXPERIENCE.

Thanks dad!

Hey, can I borrow the keys next week?

Me and Lonely Guy are going out to hit the town, and I know you will be busy writing hate letters to pathetic people on Moz-Solo.

What an artist!

Re: The nerve and lack thereof of some people.

I'm beyond a pissing match with you BJ. Although I will say that you and our Loathly Boy will make a great couple. You two will be the toast of the town as you two prance about in cute, matching black outfits discussing bad poetry and how clever you both are as you two sip overpriced coffee in some trendy coffeehouse. Young love is a splendid thing...and this being spring and all.
Sadly, I'll be weeping for the "companionship" you two share as I write away for the newspapers of today that will wrap the fish of tomorrow.

MAYBE...

Maybe I take the wrong approach to life, but I feel that the more you force it the more artificial it becomes. What will happen, will happen, and when you least expect it.

As for me, I am quite comfortable. I'd rather be alone by myself than alone in a crowd. That sucks big time.

This is what you get when you mix nothing with nothing.

> I'm beyond a pissing match with you BJ.

What about an arm wrestling match, or a thumbwrestling match?

Hey, what about just a good ole game of tag?

Also, don't you ever call me B.J. again Mikey!

My great Grandfather was named B.J., and I hated the prick's guts!¿Although I will say that you and our Loathly Boy will make a great couple.¿You two will be the toast of the town as you two prance about in cute, matching black outfits discussing bad poetry

Now stop right there Mikey!

How did you know I liked bad poetry?

I like prancing about also.

You know Michael, thought reading is very sexy.

Would you like to have sex sometime?¿and how clever you both are as you two sip overpriced coffee in some >trendy coffeehouse. Young love is a splendid thing...and this being¿spring and all.

Man, you really got into that just now Mike! :)

I would also be inclined to believe that you were masturabting over it as well.¿ Sadly, I'll be weeping for the "companionship" you two¿ share as I write away for the newspapers of today that will wrap¿ the fish of tomorrow.

Michael, I just firgured it out!

You write that really bad fiction in the bcak of magazines, don't you?

No, wait, you probably do the editorials for the Arts and Entertainment section of some local newspaper.

Keep it up Mikey!

The world needs nobodies!

Just remember to think all of the paperboys that carry your words to the disenchanted slobs that you hate so much.

Love,
Hate

What can't you see what it is desire?

> So what do you think my reality is? A life of frivolity and joy?

Siren, I don't know, I hope you are happy with your love life, unlike me.¿ You know love and happiness have to be sought out and grabbed.¿ They don't just fall in your lap you know.

I am aware of that, and I desperately try to search and sort through all of it.

But you have to understand that Love happens only when it happens, it cannot be forced.¿ I mean some plonker actually said they envied me which is¿ implying what? That I live this incredibly wonderful life and¿ that I'm never lonely on the deep signifigant level that you¿ are. How daft is that!

Siren, you don't understand that some of us are not lucky enough to have that one true love in our lives.

It has nothing to do with life in general, it has do with life through the aspect of love.¿ He obviously didn't stop to think that maybe i just handle¿ myself differently and don't go around whining and looking for¿ attention and pity like some people.

Now Siren, that's not fair!

I was only reaching for a bit of relevance, not sympathy.

Just that comforting feeling of knowing that I am not alone.

I am already alone by way of absent love, I just desired the company of knowing that I wasn't alone in this particular way of thought.¿ Love doesn't just arrive. It doesn't just drop on your head you¿ know.

I realize that, but you also can't force yourself to love someone, or force someone to love you.¿ And do you ever wonder why that is? I know people think i sound¿ like a bitch but you are just dazed out in the way you think!

Maybe the depth of my sensitivity is what truly renders me alone.¿ Well of course not! Listen how old you are you anyway?

I am 24.¿ Sit and wait? well I'm sorry to say you'll be looking at many¿ more lonely nights in the future then.

But is it not better to be alone than in bad company?

My predicament lies in the desire for a realtionship based on two people not needing each other, but wanting each other.

If you begin to feel that you need someone, that detracts from your ability to love them truly, madly, and deeply.

That feeling of need clouds the way you perceive that person and who that person really is.

I don't believe there is a place for need in a realtionship if it to remain true and successful.

What do you think Siren?¿ No it's a matter of when you're going to get off your ass and do¿ something about it. That is your reality lonely guy. It is¿ EVERYONES reality.

Again, you are equating true love with the feelings of needing someone.

I don't need anyone, but I do want someone.

Anyone can go out and cling to a person, for reasons based on insecurity, but true reciprocated love is extremely hard to come by.

There are those who fool themselves into believing that they love someone, just because they cannot handle themselves alone.

The brutality of our own thoughts is what keeps some of us racing towards anothers arms.

I find the thought of it appealing, but the reality of it unacceptable.

-Lonely Guy

Siren!!!!!!!!!!!

You obviously don't know anything. I mean, lonley guy feels the way he does for a reason and so don't I but no one ever said that you have to share the opinion. Personaly i struggle the same way as lonley guy and morrissey's music is one of the only things that keeps me sane. I mean its nice to know that someone somewhere understands the way i feel. I'm sure i don't feel the way i do because of morrissey's music and i am sure lonley guy dosen't either but the message that morrissey has i can identify with so thats why i like the music and i am sure that lonley guy feels quite similar to the way i do. Think about this.

suzanne read "Siren!!!!" too.

Read "Siren!!!!!!" it was ment for you too. you just don't understand do you?