Turkey

Aly Panic

Slap Me On The Patio
It's just my luck!
Moz plays Turkey the day after I come home!!
Shall I stay there another week?

So, did you enjoy it?;)

What a superb show!!!I was one of the Israeli gang that stood up in the front row, waving the flag and almost can touch Moz..He was so close, but yet too far from my hand:(

Thumbs up for the lovely crowd and the nice people I met there, It was a pleasure..
And just when I thought it's all over, on my way homeI met Boz Boorer accidently in the duty-free shops at Istanbul airport :)

He was the nicest man!peacefull,freindly and so down-to-earth..we had a nice chat (He said they felt the show was excellent) and then we shook hands for goodbye..He like to pose to the camera, what a nice guy!here's a pic i'm gonna frame..

:D

Last edited:
Thank you very much Jehne:)

I thought of attaching the flag we did,too - but maybe i'm just too excited,so I decided not to do that:cool:

Last edited:
Great pic. I'm sure Boz was stoked to meet a fan from Israel who had seen them in Turkey.

Morrissey kept his promise -- He did see you all in far off places. May Japan be next!

Aly Panic said:
It's just my luck!
Moz plays Turkey the day after I come home!!
Shall I stay there another week?

I'm getting my dates wrong, I thought it was 10th July!

I'll get me coat!!

the concert was extremely glorious.. especially Moz with his tuxedo.. :D
he was really kind , concerned , energetic , sympathetic ecc ecc ecc.. :rolleyes:
also the musicaians were all great!..
thanks for coming to Turkey/Istanbul..

I hope 2 see him again.. :rolleyes:

he is my light.. I'll let his blue eyes fool me forever..

Mr_Shankly said:
Thank you very much Jehne:)

I thought of attaching the flag we did,too - but maybe i'm just too excited,so I decided not to do that:cool:

My son's grandparents are from Istanbul, Turkey. They immigrated to Israel in the 50's and today they live in Tiberias. My ex-husband also lives there now.

Hehe, small world.. Tiberias is not very far from my home town..nice but boring city. I guess we all see each other in far-off places..:)

Nice page on MySpace,by the way.
Cheers:)

Mr_Shankly said:
Hehe, small world.. Tiberias is not very far from my home town..nice but boring city. I guess we all see each other in far-off places..:)

Nice page on MySpace,by the way.
Cheers:)

Thank you.:)

Yes, Tiberias is a small little town. But the Sea of Galilee is beautiful. I spent three months in Israel in 1991. I visited Tiberias, Tel Aviv, Jerusalem, and Haifa. I actually took a cruise from Haifa (your town) to Nicosia, Cyprus where I was then married. The Israelis were very friendly to me. They had a very good opinion of Americans--at least they did when I was there.

Oh, you'd been here!Nice!Hope you enjoyed your staying and the cities you mentioned:)
Guess what?the cruise you took from Haifa to Cyprus?well, I work at that port..Haifa Port:D
I don't wanna go too much off-topic,so you're more than welcome to chat with me on that (if you want) in private messages:)

And to your questions: The majority of the Israelies still had very positive opinion about Americans (probably because USA is Israel's closest freind and main supporter - politically and economically).

Last edited:
Mr. Shankly, congrats on meeting Boz in the airport, that sounds like fun! It was so nice to read a report of a concert, you appear to have really enjoyed yourself. Hope you get to see Moz again :)

Spicer said:
Mr. Shankly, congrats on meeting Boz in the airport, that sounds like fun! It was so nice to read a report of a concert, you appear to have really enjoyed yourself. Hope you get to see Moz again :)

Thanx man! I wish that too.. maybe he will come sometime to my country:rolleyes:

It's really cool that you got to have a nice chat with him. I think I'd turn into a giggly nervous wreck if that happened to me. What a nice chap Boz is!

Loving his t-shirt too!

Dupree said:
It's really cool that you got to have a nice chat with him. I think I'd turn into a giggly nervous wreck if that happened to me. What a nice chap Boz is!

Loving his t-shirt too!

Actually, I thought exactly like you, before that happened!I never met someone "famous", and I always thought if I would, I would be too shy to do something about that..But when I saw him, I had to talk to him - and I was exited - but not nervous at all, cause he was so nice and warm man..like talking to a good freind:)

Back
Top Bottom