Do you think that Morrissey would like you?

realitybites

making lemonade

But I know that you would like me.
If only you could see me,
If only you could meet me.

True or false? Would Moz want to be pals with you? Why or why not?

I'd certainly like to think so, but one can never tell. Having never had the chance to meey Morrissey in the flesh, I've had no opportunity to judge the 'real person' and what he might look for in others. Sure.... it's easy to guess as to the type of person he might like to befriend, but I don't think it's possible to say whether or not he'd like you - unless you're some particularly odious type!

If I stocked his favorite beer I think he might enjoy going through my CD collection. All this would be enhanced further by a joint if he'd partake. The wifey would need to hide her bacon of course...

I have wondered if I would like to meet and have an opportunity to speak to Morrissey. To be honest, I am not sure I would. I love his art and his literary perspective but he doesn’t seem overly excited about fraternizing with fans, and who can blame him? If I were to come face to face with him I would (I hope I could) thank him for his giving himself to us in his art and words over the years. Also, his music has been so dear to me that the chance of him being a standoffish prick would be a major disappointment...

zom

~El Boydelz~ said:
If I stocked his favorite beer I think he might enjoy going through my CD collection. All this would be enhanced further by a joint if he'd partake.

Aha, think he indulges in the green stuff?

Yeah I do, but it's hard to give justification without feeling that I'm needlessly talking myself up. xo, math+

[edit: What a seriously crap answer. Why did I bother to type such a thing?! I guess I'll go with, at the very least we could talk about Ludus.]

Last edited:
:) Yep. i do think he would like me.
He's in my age bracket. He has a similar background to me (Catholic school). He has similar musical taste and I play the guitar and also sing. I also have a slightly sarcastic wit, I believe. As to whether I could 'have a go';) or not is another thing entirely, but as friends, yes I think so!
Anything else aside, I'm caring, cuddly and faithful to my friends!

I think we are (if you can believe anything you read about the man) unbelievably similar people in alot of ways, (asexual, vegetarian, reclusive types with a very dim view of human nature and no desire to marry, to name a few similarities) but it does seem that most people get on better with those who are quite opposite to them. So on that basis we'd probably annoy eachother.

I think he might admire the fact that i am very un 'fan' like, and if i met him i would have NO interest in thanking him gushingly for his music/ telling him how much i love him/ fancy him/ how much he means to me etc. That's just not my style.

That said, i'd like to meet him, just to see how we'd get on. He's more than welcome to come round to mine for a nut roast any time he likes:)

Last edited:
Well I'm scared as hell right now :eek:

Last night I had a dream about this very subject - I was walking around a venue, pre-gig, with Boz and met the rest of the the lads and also Moz.

During my walk with Boz we were chatting and I was saying how if we saw Morrissey I would just shake his hand, say hello and then move on. Strangely, and I know this whole post is strange really, Boz said "yeah that would probably be for the best" and then I proceeded to have agreat time, few beers, good chat with Mr.Boorer.

I met Moz, played it simple, like I said, and woke thinking "yeah that's probably the best way to do it".

So I'm a little spooked by the appearance of this thread but it's possible that if indeed, as it appears, "realitybites" has an insight into my dreams......then they will be the more spooked generally!

So....in answer to the question, I believe I share the same structure to our personalities but there's so little in common these days now that he's made it in life, financially at least. I would be talking about my son, and unless he's keeping his "well hidden" I don't think he could relate to fatherhood, nor football (as he demonstrated embarassingly so during the Liverpool gig).

However, I'm an intelligent person, (in the flesh rather than in writing) and would like to think I could be good company for him so I've changed my mind again and will now say "Yes, Moz would think I was a pretty good drinking partner who could be called on in times of need and better times too".

All in all, I am a great friend but I don't have anyone to play with me.:(

mjp said:
However, I'm an intelligent person, (in the flesh rather than in writing) and would like to think I could be good company for him so I've changed my mind again and will now say "Yes, Moz would think I was a pretty good drinking partner who could be called on in times of need and better times too".

All in all, I am a great friend but I don't have anyone to play with me.:(

:) :) :)

mjp you are a good 'un both on the board and in reality!

As for the question posed - I dont know if Morrissey would like me, as long as he showed respect that would be fine.

Last edited:
i've met him a few times and he "actually knows me"

unfortunately he actually knows & refer to me as "that horrible little man"

so, in a word, no....

Sphinx said:
mjp you are a good 'un both on the board and in reality!

As for the question posed - I dont know if Morrissey would like me, as long as he showed respect that would be fine.

Sphinx - thanks :) he should be appreciative of your contribution to his "coffers" nevermind respectful!

lol @ Dolly! - Tell us more you "horrible little man" ;)

Last edited:
No. He'd just pity me and write a song about the encounter:

"The boy with the down syndrome eyes."

Me being a Labour voting meat eater, I very much doubt he would like me. ;)

mjp said:
I don't think he could relate to fatherhood, nor football (as he demonstrated embarassingly so during the Liverpool gig)(

What did he say in Liverpool?

chica said:
What did he say in Liverpool?

The Bootle Bruise Boys had a Tormentors flag (HUGE thing!) with 5 gold stars to indicate the 5 European Cups that Liverpool have won and Moz was asking them what it meant.

He asked the rest of the audience to be quiet whilst he listened - don't think he heard what they were saying then he said "I know I should know this but I just don't know what it means, sorry; is that wrong?" (or similar!).

So if he doesn't know that LFC have won 5 European trophy's then he's no good to me!

Hope that clears it up for you.

Back
Top Bottom