Anyone into Rap/Urban music here?

Hmmmm......

Your rather crude (and totally incorrect) comment was somewhat uncalled for I think.

I'm one of Tony's boys - not that you need to know that, but I suggest your dalliance with (c)rap is tainting both your vocabulary and general outlook?

Smug

noooo, not here.....
hip/hop rap = vile

Did I say that? Did I even think that?
I hate rap/urban music because it is overblown nonsense without a tune. Meaningless trash, if you don't believe me just listen to the words.

Anyway, talking about it on here is like going on an Arsenal web site and discussing Tottenham.
This is a refuge for those of us who know what Morrissey stands for, what he represents. And rap it ain't!

Yo! mofo! Like whatever bro! Where's me bling?

clearly you haven't bothered to actually listen to a variety of rap/hip hop...as you seem to be tarring EVERY song ever produced under the genre as the same. very odd if you ask me.

I am not a massive fan of rap/hip hop, but I love the following...

Boogie Down Productions, KRS-One, Blackalicious, Jurassic 5, Dizee Rascal, The Streets, Kanye West (first album, even if he is a racist), Outkast.

You guys been following the controversy over whether Stephin Merritt of the Magnetic Fields is racist because he doesn't like rap? Reminded me of controversies surrounding Morrissey. You can get up to speed at this link. Clive Davis chimes in here.

Very interesting, thanks for the links.

Back
Top Bottom