morrissey would never have sat next to robbie on telly giggling in the past-would he?

speedfreaks ball

psychobilly member
sorry but this is not the morrissey i worshiped so loyaly for the past 20 odd yrs - a mediocre album at best , a dull tour with a crap set list and above all that a new happier ,freindlier ,openly gayer,media pleasing performer .
all the mistique has been stripped away ,the nf disco now replaced with moz n robbies engagement do - disused railway lines in humdrum towns replaced by swanky rome cafe bars -tatty levis and west ham t-shirts replaced with tuxedo pants and an endless supply of those lovely plain smart shirts.

i suppose money changes everything and knocking on the door of 50yrs makes you a lot more comfortouble in your mind ,no youthful angst or backstreet bewilderment to fire lyrical passion these days.

but i suppose we can look forward to an appearance on ready steady cook with moz taking on westlife or shayne ward

THE MYSTIQUE IS GONE,GONE ,GONE.

I didn't see it last night but I hope he doesn't get too friendly with Williams, I despise his music (my girlfriend loves him, unbelievable. Like, she actually pays money, real money, for his music :confused: ).

I swear I've seen a Moz interview where he says, "I love everything about Robbie Williams. Apart from the songs. And the voice."

Williams is shit. Moz is a legend. That's that.

Re: morrissey would never have sat next to robbie on telly giggling in the past-would

Its not really fair comparing the two.

They are both talented in their own right.

As for Moz, well he is still genius, he still has a razor sharp wit, he performs live better than he has ever done, he is still an icon and most songs on Ringleader are far superior to National Front Disco, perhaps just not as controversial and he is still as ambiguous about his sexuality as he has ever been.

So the guy is happy! Great for him!

in the 1980s he did appear on a TV show (8 Days A Week?) next to george michael, surely thats not that different to appearing with robbie williams today?

I think some people have an unrealistic idea of Morrissey's feelings on this. He has always appeared on televison shows like this throughout his career. He is not a precious indie muso.

Well, we all know Morrissey is one of Robbie's heroes. He wrote an essay for the german newspaper "ZEIT" recently and even claimed that Morrissey's music helped him through dark hours blabla. And we all know as well that Mozz really likes people who like him... adore him and he'll shake your hand, easy as that. So there's no reason for him to hate Williams. Remember that interview in... dunno, gues it was Q... the interviewer asked him if he met Williams yet (cause they both lived in LA at that time) and he said Williams asked for a meeting but HE wasn't able to call (!!) him back cause Robbie forgot to leave his number.
Besides: Is there any other reason to hate Robbie but the Take That-shit? I don't think so. And compared to contemporary pop music Take That was really great. I'd trade Chipz for Take That any time ;)

Well you make some good points....though I think there are a great many reasons to hate Williams' music, even beyond the dreadful Take That.

His music is awful, he sounds like a club singer and should be singing Brown Eyed Girl and Abba songs for pensioners every night down at the Miners Welfare club. It is music for people who do not like music.

I'm sorry if I'm coming across as an arrogant twat; I rarely despise things as much as I do Williams' idiotic visage and his horrendous voice...:(

I really don't see what the big deal is- Robbie Williams, so what? What is Morrissey supposed to do, refuse to sit near him? How ridiculous, he is a Morrissey fan and to be honest I don't see any harm in him he always comes across as being very charming.

sparkly typewriter said:
I really don't see what the big deal is- Robbie Williams, so what? What is Morrissey supposed to do, refuse to sit near him? How ridiculous, he is a Morrissey fan and to be honest I don't see any harm in him he always comes across as being very charming.

thats what they said about hitler.

Robbie should not be allowed in the same room as Morrissey.
Very meodramatic I know but Robbie is completely and utterly talentless, a loathsome human being in all ways.

Re: morrissey would never have sat next to robbie on telly giggling in the past-would

Surely this calls for a thread dedicated to criticising rw..? I like about 5 of his songs but i agree that he is a club singer for people who like music but arn't into music. Can't deny he has presence and charisma, however cheesy.

i would have liked to have used italics for 'into' but i don't know how.

Morrissey DID sit next to Robbie for a few minutes before moving to another space.

He was supposed to be performing a duet with Smith's frontman Morrissey at the Brit Awards 2005, but Morrissey thought better of it soon before the event.

Robbie previously duetted with Nicole Kidman on Swing When You're Winning, recording a version of Frank and Nancy Sinatra's Something Stupid.

I suppose Moz would prefer to do a duet with Nancy's instead do you agree?

see, i think you're just being a snob

In my case it's not snobbery, just this deep seated hatred for Robbie. I think it was the 'i'm so rich!' thing when he got that 80m album deal that did it for me. Total c***.

speedfreaks ball said:
sorry but this is not the morrissey i worshiped so loyaly for the past 20 odd yrs - a mediocre album at best , a dull tour with a crap set list and above all that a new happier ,freindlier ,openly gayer,media pleasing performer .
all the mistique has been stripped away ,the nf disco now replaced with moz n robbies engagement do - disused railway lines in humdrum towns replaced by swanky rome cafe bars -tatty levis and west ham t-shirts replaced with tuxedo pants and an endless supply of those lovely plain smart shirts.

i suppose money changes everything and knocking on the door of 50yrs makes you a lot more comfortouble in your mind ,no youthful angst or backstreet bewilderment to fire lyrical passion these days.

but i suppose we can look forward to an appearance on ready steady cook with moz taking on westlife or shayne ward

THE MYSTIQUE IS GONE,GONE ,GONE.

let the man live his own life, some peopple think they own the man

How about Morrissey doing a duet with Nancy Sinatra and her daughter? Isn't she a singer now too..? If it's possible for three people to "duet". :)

Ringleader said:
Morrissey DID sit next to Robbie for a few minutes before moving to another space.

He was supposed to be performing a duet with Smith's frontman Morrissey at the Brit Awards 2005, but Morrissey thought better of it soon before the event.

Robbie previously duetted with Nicole Kidman on Swing When You're Winning, recording a version of Frank and Nancy Sinatra's Something Stupid.

I suppose Moz would prefer to do a duet with Nancy's instead do you agree?
Sorry it was your quote I meant to reply to! *dork* :(

Morrissey looked so ugly sat next to that hunk of a man

victoria.jpg

Back
Top Bottom