REQUEST: The Smiths played Glastonbury in 1984

I am looking for a video recording of the Smiths appearance at Glastonbury in 1984.

I couldn't find it anywhere but can anyone shed infomation about the gig. Did it last 45 mins?

Much appreciated thanks.

THE SMITHS
23 June 1984 | CND Festival, Glastonbury

01. Nowhere Fast
02. Girl Afraid
03. Handsome Devil
04. This Charming Man
05. William It Was Really Nothing
06. Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now
07. Still Ill
08. Jeane
09. Barbarism Begins At Home
10. Hand In Glove

>> INFO from Passions Just Like Mine

The Glastonbury experience was a good one from the fans point of view, but the crowd was mixed with people who had come to see other bands and didn't appreciate the Smiths at all. Just as if this was the usual more 'intimate' affair, the set ended because of a stage invasion and the Smiths couldn't come back on stage for an encore.

Entering the stage, Morrissey exclaimed "How very nice to be here..." before launching into "Nowhere Fast". After "This Charming Man", Morrissey announced "Thank you this is our next single, it's called 'William It Was Really Nothing'." After "Jeane" he introduced the next song "Thank you this song is called "Barbarism Begins At Home". The song was a big success with the audience. Echo was added to Morrissey's voice in it when Morrissey yelped.

>> BOOTLEGS:
A good audience recording of this whole concert is circulated on bootleg cds and is available for download on file trading networks.
Total lenght: 35 minutes

Back
Top Bottom