What Is Your Favorite Morrissey Tour?

Mitford

Discount Membership
Which one is the best in Morrissey's career?

I can't make my mind up, for me either ROTT or Quarry.

What's yours? :D

I'd have to say the current tour. Yes - I miss Alain a lot, but the sound really does feel so much fuller and richer on the current dates, and Moz's voice is in fine fettle.

I really enjoyed the small Oct/Nov 2002 tour, where we got our first listen to FOTGTD, IBEH, ILY and TWIFOCB, which all ended up on quarry. Bradord that tour was superb and i'll never forget "this song is 20 years old" before blasting into hand in glove, top top times.

The best show was in Akron Ohio on Feb. 14th. Greatest night ever, was so cool to Morrissey so talkative. Totally amamzing.

For me it would have to be the Kill Uncle Tour 1991.

Best gig being the Liverpool Empire!

Great night, chatted to some really lovely people, we all stood at the stage door for ages afterwards, didnt see him (I wouldnt do that now).

Some nutter tried to get on the stage by leaping across the orchestra pit. He didnt make it of course, and must have been pretty injured going off how bad his fall looked!

This tour comes a very close 2nd though!! :)

1. 2002 Tour
2. Ringleader
3. Boxers

I missed the Oye Estaban Tour but if I had gone then that could have been up there too.

Really happy to hear so many good things about the Boxers tour. I loved it. Not much internet to tell you he was going to do Smiths songs for the first time since Wolverhampton. Fantastic gigs.

I can only comment on the tours I saw

1) 1992: First show!! Never to be forgotten...
2) 2004: the fuller, richer sound made such a difference
3) 2002: A version of Suedehead to die for
4) Ringleader: Moz in great voice at the 3 shows i saw last month
5) 1999: Good set
6) Boxers 95: I was a bit underwhelmed by this one, despite seeing the first 2 shows in Glasgow and Motherwell, Shoplifters and all.

D

Your Arsenal tour, Manchester Apollo 1992. The best!

1. 1995 Boxers Tour
2. 2006 Ringleader Tour
3. 2002 Tour
4. 2004 Quarry Tour
5. 1999 Tour
6. 1991 Kill Uncle Tour

I missed '92 for some reason and '97 didnt really happen around my way!

91 Kill Uncle Tour for 6 reasons:

Moz
Boz
Alain
Gary
Spencer
and PREGNANT FOR THE LAST TIME!!!

poprenaissance said:
no freakin' question - i never felt more alive.
me too, now im mostly dead
now i need Miracle Max's services
carol_kane_billy_crystal_the_prince.jpg

:cool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom