Dave Matthews - This Probably Shouldn't Be Here

Theres' a very good reason one doesn't find an abundance of support for the Dave Matthews Band here, namely his "music." I'm aware SOMEONE must like this noise. Better them than me.

More than you know... Get ready for the next series of downloads that I am uploading to sendspace. As I have said before. ANYONE who likes Morrissey has no right to ridicule any music. Why? The rest of the music community cannot understand why we appreciate what Morrissey writes. Get over it. Besides you come from Boston. Your delusions are expected. :p Three World Series in almost 90 years you think you know everything.

I hope the Pats lose this weekend too.

Last edited:
I'm sorry guys....but, ARU YOU f***ING KIDDING ME?? I think of him just like those folks on the river in Chicago. Shit. And his fans.... If I wanted to hang out with a bunch of drunken frat boys wearing J Crew button downs, abercrombie cargo shorts, and hemp ankle bracelets, I'd rather go to a Ween show.

I'm sorry guys....but, ARU YOU f***ING KIDDING ME?? I think of him just like those folks on the river in Chicago. Shit. And his fans.... If I wanted to hang out with a bunch of drunken frat boys wearing J Crew button downs, abercrombie cargo shorts, and hemp ankle bracelets, I'd rather go to a Ween show.

Have fun at Ween.

Hate to break the cliche... but I am not a drunken frat boy. Never was a frat boy to tell the truth.

Just for you I will post another show this weekend.

I will! They aint playing NY, but they are playing Consistution Hall next month. You should go.:o

Never heard of them. Post a concert or some material for me to try and I will listen on the way to work in 4 hours.

Never heard of them. Post a concert or some material for me to try and I will listen on the way to work in 4 hours.

You've never heard of Ween? :eek: I dont have any shows, but I see if I can find an odd mp3 in some file somewhere.

i like ween. to be honest i dont know enough about dave matthews to say yay or nay. he's probably a pretty accomplished musician who got a lucky break. i hate that counting crows man . i see him at whole foods all the time and he tries to pick up chicks in the fruit section. ugsies. :(

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahaahahaaaaa you'd be a walking wet dream at a ween show in vermont. you and me both.

I have seen O.A.R..... now THAT was a drunken frat boy concert. DMB was chill.

Ween are even WORSE than dave Matthews, at least that can kinda fade into the background like so much white noise.

i like ween. to be honest i dont know enough about dave matthews to say yay or nay. he's probably a pretty accomplished musician who got a lucky break. i hate that counting crows man . i see him at whole foods all the time and he tries to pick up chicks in the fruit section. ugsies. :(

Hey, don't diss Adam Duritz, Counting Crows rock. Though I am aware of the kind of fanbase they attract stateside, and let me just say - totally different situation in Europe. There are times when their material, especially recent stuff, swerves perilously close to cheesy AOR, and I'm still trying to erase the memory of that track from the Shrek soundtrack, but they still rock. And Duritz is a great lyricist, one of my faves. Seriously, you see him at Whole Foods all the time? Whereabouts in NYC? Next time I'm in the area I'll make sure to drop by :p

As per DMB, I have a lot of respect for the man himself and the way he's managed to retain some kind of artistic integrity, although I can't claim to have a great knowledge of his material. I think his is a similar kind of situation to the aforementioned Crows - a struggle between that artistic individuality/the desire to pursue a higher path and the necessity for commercial success. It's a tough choice to make, but it seems to me that both Counting Crows and DMB have, for the most part, found a pretty acceptable middle-ground.

Coiff.

As per DMB, I have a lot of respect for the man himself and the way he's managed to retain some kind of artistic integrity, although I can't claim to have a great knowledge of his material. I think his is a similar kind of situation to the aforementioned Crows - a struggle between that artistic individuality/the desire to pursue a higher path and the necessity for commercial success. It's a tough choice to make, but it seems to me that both Counting Crows and DMB have, for the most part, found a pretty acceptable middle-ground.

Well put.

When I was in LA in the summer, they were advertising on TV, inviting people to text in the name of your university and which ever university got the most votes, they would come and perform at. It was utterly embarrasing .

Last edited:
I liked the Counting Crows first album. ...alot.

August and Everything After is one of the greatest records of the 90s, in my humble opinion. The range of lyrical emotion and musical intelligence on that album is simply breathtaking. And Mr Jones is still an amazing tune. Recovering The Satellites I was not so keen on, and although Goodnight Elisabeth and the title track are definite career highlights, their attempt at becoming the next Nirvana fell kinda flat. This Desert Life is my second favourite of theirs even though it seems to be universally slated, and Hard Candy was a pretty decent effort. Oh, and Across A Wire is pretty much the greatest live album ever recorded.

Well, I seem to have single handedly turned this into the Counting Crows Appreciation Thread. Sorry Buzzetta, I know this is your domain, so I'll shut up now...

When I was in LA in the summer, they were advertising on TV, inviting people to text in the name of your university and which ever university got the most votes, they would come and perform at. It was utterly embarrasing .

Is this the Crows or DMB? Either way, I don't really see how that's embarrassing, just pretty smart marketing.

Coiff.

Back
Top Bottom