What song are you listening to right now?

not a fan?! i can no longer talk to you! grant hart has my heart.

i think i said not a big fan but whatever. i only really like zen arcade enough to put on at home by myself. candy apple grey was the first i bought i believe and i didnt take to it much. give me the minuet men, black flag, the wipers, the weirdos, the germs, social distortion, vicious circle, the descendents,fugazi, hell even pylon over husker du. as for grant hart, i think his music outside of the du has been better than three material, especially his last project. that said i dont dislike it or them, i just find it unengaging and kinda boring at times

Last edited by a moderator:

yeah i think arab strap is for sure there second best album after tiger milk. it was the first i bought and for certain reasons to do with listening to it on a trip to see someone special it holds a special place in my heart

i think i said not a big fan but whatever. i only really like zen arcade enough to put on at home by myself. candy apple grey was the first i bought i believe and i didnt take to it much. give me the minuet men, black flag, the wipers, the weirdos, the germs, social distortion, vicious circle, the descendents,fugazi, hell even pylon over husker du. as for grant hart, i think his music outside of the du has been better than three material, especially his last project. that said i dont dislike it or them, i just find it unengaging and kinda boring at times

I bought Candy Apple Grey on the back of Black Francis always banging on about it but I felt the same way about it as you. Maybe my hopes were too high.

My favourite Joni Mitchell song.

I bought Candy Apple Grey on the back of Black Francis always banging on about it but I felt the same way about it as you. Maybe my hopes were too high.

My favorite Joni Mitchell song.

well i think it was there major label debut so that also might have been a reason for it being a bit bland maybe. i think candy apple grey or green by rem is considered the first indie band from that scene to go to a major. love green though and oh man the pixies, yes ill take the pixies as well. personally i really loved the new album indie city. dont know what was pitchforks problem was. i really liked how the first wave of us hardcore was so different band to band. so many similar types could all find something in the pile. didnt really get homogeneous until minor threat set a new model

I don't bet I'll just watch the pressure. After church.

Did I call Silva for you? Bones heal provided the skulls keep breaking them. It's a sure thing.

The Mephistopheles Of Los Angeles
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EH1e0taLWN0

finally got my manson album from my mothers house and its pretty good. right now i have it at say a three and a half out of five and on par with the high end of low though mellower. not as good as eat me, which i rate as a four out of five, as i love the bluesy goth rock style he did there. this is bluesy as well but much less rock in it. more like the spacier bits of hollywood for reference mixed with the blues of eat me. if anythings different with his albums before this one, its the lack of outright singles but the whloe album as a listen in itself is great with the sequencing just right to hold the listeners attention and make for a satisfying emotionsal bid. the case was pretty cool to. minimal inside for costs im assuming as he released this and born villain on his own label but it was textured with muted glitter and the cover of the disk was black as was the underside which id never seen before which was nice. a couple of weeks and itll be a four im sure. also, one note of advice, theres no real need to get the deluxe as the bonus songs are just acoustic rendings of song from the album and i need more than that to feel satisfied with buying a deluxe edition.

Tags
bon jovi emorama fatguyinalittlecoat rulz gr8 tags i have good taste i have terrible taste nugz luvs dmb nugz luvs phish post-count increaser r kellz lyk wut robby=follower she who has good taste this thread is toxic who nose yannisbad ydw an ipod
Back
Top Bottom