What song are you listening to right now?

such a good song. this is where i last loved this band. everything after seemed to be less personal, word count and nuance went down and a lot of there songs seems to be about nothing these days

I lost interest with arctic monkeys around suck it and see. Surprisingly it was there "smiths inspired album"(my ass) I mean they still sounded good but nothing special. The strength in the arctic monkeys where always the melodies and how Alex delivered the lyrics. In a very rapid almost spitting beat box way. I remember who the melodies could move one even if you never understand one word. Nme did over hype them thought from the very begging beginning. I loved though Alex soundtrack from the cute movie submarine. So very romantic and early 2000s indie. The last shadow puppets were amazing. Very sixties inspired but no copy cat. Always amazed of how "rhymey" Alex were. I also love that arctic monkeys had this very distinctive inspiration, like the great bands before. The were the Sheffield boys those who work in your local post office to drink and cause mayhem at night. The actors for the music videos the choose and the music videos showed that. the Beatles hade the suit the bowl cuts the love song the psychedelics. Morrissey had Oscar Wilde, the underbelly of live, depression. If you know what I mean

Either way now I'm listening to slaves Debbie where's your car https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ad2ujW5Sl8

And the sound I can't escape my self

Last edited by a moderator:
submarine was fantastic, the movie not the music which i dont remember much of. didnt really care for the last shadow puppets as i just found it kinda boring and it didnt mean much to me lyrically. his lyrics were great and about real people and real life meaning that it was insightful and identifiable while the music was super catchy and matched the energy of the lyrics. i dont think he took criticism very well especially in public and kinda removed himself and meaning from a lot of his songs making them trite stabs at humor which didnt work out imo. became really boring and just pointless

brett anderson - swans
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSUOh7AkIx4

the words:

"Huddled like rabbits
By the hole by the fence
Frozen like statues
To the chair on the lake
Clouds of birds
Make shadows on the moss
Fields of kale
All patterned with ice
whoa-ohohhh ouuuuutside
whoa-ohohhh the swans rise
the curve of the river
Like the neck of a swan
And the veil of the sky
All peppered with rain
A field of crows
pick clean to the bone
And a love unchanged
By the chatter of time
whoa-ohohhh outside
whoa-ohohhh the swans rise"

and just for the hell of it try out this which is amazingly beautiful

brett anderson live elizabeth hall acoustic with sting ensemble. seriously, check this out as its so so so good. if you love orchestral music with a beautiful voice and a somber soul check this out. opens with to the winter and love is dead....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeIQ2CmlsBM

the lyrics to love is dead which i found to be personally moving

the words:

"Nothing ever goes right
Nothing really flows in my life
No one really cares if no one ever shares my care
People push by with fear in their eyes in my life

Love is dead, love is dead

The telephone rings, but no one ever thinks to speak to me
The traffic speeds by, but no one's ever stopped too late
Intelligent friends don't care in the end, believe me

And plastic people with imaginary smiles
Exchanging secrets at the back of their minds
Plastic people
Plastic people

Nothing ever goes right
Nothing really flows in my life
No one really cares if this horror's inside my head

People push by with fear in their eyes in my life

And all the lies that you've given us
And all the things things that you said

And all the lies that you've given us...
Blow like wind in my head"

Sparks - Moon Over Kentucky

If Moz doesn't release this as a b-side , I"ll ... I"ll ...I'll just grumble. The drama, the epi-tragedy ... the drowning face down in a swamp.. escaping as fast as one can ...

Crowded House - Don't Dream It's Over

I remember being driven up to our Year 7 camp with this song accompanying us through the coach ride . I was at the point of understanding how desire , puberty and pop might intermingle...

Banks - Warm Water

Can barely contain myself from dancing around

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Tags
bon jovi emorama fatguyinalittlecoat rulz gr8 tags i have good taste i have terrible taste nugz luvs dmb nugz luvs phish post-count increaser r kellz lyk wut robby=follower she who has good taste this thread is toxic who nose yannisbad ydw an ipod
Back
Top Bottom