What song are you listening to right now?

This is one of my least favorite Morrissey songs. I always wondered if other fans agreed.:rolleyes: I also never got into "Michael's Bones" with both songs I was never sure why:blushing:

"At Amber" is a tale of two songs for me. I love the sections from :09 sec. to :47 sec., 1:02 to 1:40, and 1:53 to 2:35. The other segments of the song I'm not wild about. I love Morrissey's voice on this song! The way he sings "I'm" at the 1:02-1:04 point is just awesome! "I'm calling you from the foyer, of this Awful hotel." I love the way he sings "awful." This line makes me smile everytime.

Another reason this song grabbed me is Morrissey's reference to the "Sands Hotel," which he mentions twice. We had a Sands Hotel on State Street for years, until it got tore down eight or nine years ago. It was arguably the most run-down hotel in the city limits. The Holiday certainly gave it competition in that department. The Holiday still somehow stands.:) The High School I attended is only one and a half blocks from where The Sands once stood. There were always a lot of characters hanging out around The Sands. Morning, afternoon, night time, there they were, just hanging around. "Where the slime and the grime, gel." Yeah, that probably accurately described 30% of the people. Most of them were just doing the best they could, which I admire. I love this song because it reminds me of the Sands, and the past, and I love Morrissey's voice in the song.

I like "Michael's Bones." It's a beautiful song but I find it very sad, and frankly depressing. I feel the same way about "Unhappy Birthday" by The Smiths. To me, "Unhappy Birthday" is the best song on "Strangeways....," but I rarely listen to it. I rarely listen to "Michael's Bones" either.

There are only two Moz songs I can't stand. The boring "Journalists Who Lie" and the overhyped, and overrated, "It's Not Your Birthday Anymore." Plus, I like the music of "Ambitious Outsiders" and "....Rejected My Soul," but I very much dislike the lyrics in both songs. To me, the lyrics ruined both songs.

"The Golden Throne" by Temples

-pretty much a Masterpiece.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kim could SOOOOOOOO go off on this song but she holds back...saving the explosion for something more interesting...:cool:

This is the version I know.

Shudder to Think featuring Jeff Buckley "I want Someone Badly"

This is random but great :D The whole soundtrack is great, actually!

Brett Dennen - Wild Heart (bonus track) sorry no video but every time I hear this song it almost brings me to my knees.

Put your worries to rest
Lay your head on my chest
Can you hear my wild heart

I’ve been wanting you, in ways I never knew
I wanna run beside your wild heart

You’re afraid that I know you’ll trust again
Don’t hide your love away
There have been more than me
Some more sure than me
Who loved you better from the start

They don’t bother me
I just want to be
Alone a while
Beside your wild heart

If it don’t last, honey I wont ask for more
I just want the chance……..

"Friday Night" by The Darkness

"I got ping-pong Wednesday

needlework on Thursday

dancing on a Friday night"

Argybargy is a really good album. The press did them wrong by hyping the shit out of them when they entered the music foray. If I remember right they were going to be the 70s Beatles...music press ordained.

Now you've done it Madcap......another good one.....love the vocals on this one

Tags
bon jovi emorama fatguyinalittlecoat rulz gr8 tags i have good taste i have terrible taste nugz luvs dmb nugz luvs phish post-count increaser r kellz lyk wut robby=follower she who has good taste this thread is toxic who nose yannisbad ydw an ipod
Back
Top Bottom