What song are you listening to right now?

jimmys chicken shack - when you die youre dead
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LilUQdhlm4g

the words:

"Following the crowd provides security
Cites alienate people
Many of the things you want are worthless
If you try, congratulate yourself

Surviving can take a lot of energy
Everything's an integral of everything else
Almost no one finds their match, strangers don't want to know you
Nature always wins

Why would you waste it?
Why do we waste it?
Why would you waste it?
Why do we waste it?

We all want the same things
You have chosen everything, that happens to you
We are part of the land, people want to look nice
And loneliness is not contagious

Violence is passed through generations
Crowds create their own power
Everyone you meet is a mirror of yourself, things left undone become harder
Progress takes time

Why would you waste it?
Why do we waste it?
Why would you waste it?
Why do we waste it?

Experience gives you options
The range of personalities, endless
Most weirdos want to be
People are attached to what they can't have

Defense mechanisms are inherited
Power is passed to those near it
One-size-fits-all, doesn't
Western man is too seperated from nature

And people's interests should come before business interests
You can only screw yourself
Self-esteem is basic to success
And it will be a long time before safe is sex

Pain inside shows, only certain types are religious
And many artists aren't
You can have anything you want
A court of law is designed to intimidate

Stay in touch with your inner self
Living increases knowledge
'Cause living increases knowledge
'Cause living increases knowledge

Yeah, living increases knowledge
Yeah, they say living increases knowledge

And when you die, you're dead"

the wonder years - i wanted so badly to be brave
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bI5pbQFBAIE

the words:

"I cut open my palm and held it out to you.
You did the same with your old army surplus blade.
My blood’s never as warm as I’d expect it.
You grabbed my hand, adorned in wildflower warpaint.
You made yellows out of marigolds. You made purple out of camellias.
We charged headfirst into the woods with bows and arrows drawn.
Crudely fashioned-- sticks and rubber bands and spray paint.
We swore ourselves protectors from all the evil in the world.
You weren’t born my brother but you’re gonna die that way.
You ran alone in the falling snow barefoot down White’s Road.
I watched your bruises grow, strangely beautiful, purple and yellow.
You said, “Don’t. Don’t take me home.
Don’t take me home. Don’t take me home.”
Your father came in angry like a thunderstorm.
He tossed you room from room and I watched color draining from your face.
Fault lines started forming underneath all of your floorboards. We sat terrified, waiting on an earthquake.
I watched you put on a brave face. I wanted so badly to be brave.
They kicked you out to teach you what a man is but I don’t think I’ll ever know what that means.
They’ll put a gun into your hand and call you weak until you’re violent.
Don’t believe it.
They’re hateful because they’re empty.
We got a chance to break the cycle.
We could be the heroes that we always said we’d be."

ive felt this way so so many times in my childhood. the anger and SHAME you feel at having to watch it happen to afriad to help your friends and family. makes me sick to this day

Great song. The first time I ever heard it was in an M&M's commercial many years ago. I tried for a long time to find out the name of the song/artist to no avail. A couple years later, a friend I met through another message board mailed me a mix CD and that song was on it. Weird how things work out sometimes!

Anyway, I saw Chelsea Wolfe last night in Philly and was blown away. I've been listening to her all day. Currently enjoying this track:

Last edited by a moderator:

Rejoice, rejoice!
The whole album is just great, much better than what anyone would have expected after 11 years in the wilderness.
Time to fall in love with The Libertines once again.
Album of the year by a distance.

Great song. The first time I ever heard it was in an M&M's commercial many years ago. I tried for a long time to find out the name of the song/artist to no avail. A couple years later, a friend I met through another message board mailed me a mix CD and that song was on it. Weird how things work out sometimes!
Yeah, it's definitely one of the best. I was listening to 1st Wave this morning on my way to work and it came on. I couldn't get it out of my head so during a break I had to find it on youtube to listen again! It's a favorite among a few people here, so I thought it would bring a smile or two. Thanks, Detritus :)

Rejoice, rejoice!
The whole album is just great, much better than what anyone would have expected after 11 years in the wilderness.
Time to fall in love with The Libertines once again.
Album of the year by a distance.

Have to agree. It's great. I haven't been this pleased with a new release since Le Petite Mort. But, I have great faith in the band - especially in Pete, so I really shouldn't be too surprised! :guitar: :)

They just don't make that kind of license anymore
That way of life anymore
That type of world anymore
What you done
Get out of my dreams you scum
They weren't meant for anyone
They weren't meant for anyone but me
In my cinematic mind
I see battles fought at sea
I awake in dawn's empire
It must be lonely being you being me...

They just don't make that kind of license anymore
That way of life anymore
That type of world anymore
What you done
Get out of my dreams you scum
They weren't meant for anyone
They weren't meant for anyone but me
In my cinematic mind
I see battles fought at sea
I awake in dawn's empire
It must be lonely being you being me...

i really want this to do well and think if they mannage to hold it together and make another theyll get there chance again

i really want this to do well and think if they mannage to hold it together and make another theyll get there chance again

so i just the cancellation of thursdays show and the reason why. im split as usual with empathy and and anger hate. so many other addicts deserve more chances than pete has already burned. man has only seen his daughter once and im sure its a good thing. now hoping this makes nothing because hes gonna kill himself. probably be the best thing for her

so i just the cancellation of thursdays show and the reason why. im split as usual with empathy and and anger hate. so many other addicts deserve more chances than pete has already burned. man has only seen his daughter once and im sure its a good thing. now hoping this makes nothing because hes gonna kill himself. probably be the best thing for her

Can you share the link about "the reason why" as all I can find is that Pete had a medical emergency. Or are you just assuming he's had a relapse? As for his daughter, that is not your concern and is a private matter for Peter. Death is never "the best thing" for anyone. Pretty harsh thing to say.

Can you share the link about "the reason why" as all I can find is that Pete had a medical emergency. Or are you just assuming he's had a relapse? As for his daughter, that is not your concern and is a private matter for Peter. Death is never "the best thing" for anyone. Pretty harsh thing to say.

well when you live your mess of a drug life in public and mention not being able to see your daughter in the press for sympathy then it should be fair game for discussion. most of my childhood "friends" are dead from drugs and all of there families are destroyed beyond all recognition and like i said the experience has made me cold to sympathizing with them especially wealthy ones given chance after chance after chance who blow it time after time after time after time despite there claims of love for there families. no i dont know if its drugs for sure but hes used up any benefit of the doubt and brought down by his own hand a all of the suspicion on his own head. private medical reason for not showing up for sure raises my junkie bullshit meter and if so, likely the case, then i dont see how wishing him a bunch more cash is gonna help him or his daughter who is all i would care about anyway in the present situation. f*** your tour and go make up some time with your children or dont as theyre probably better off without your selfish poisonous influence. any personal experience with junkies yourself or is this just some more nonsense cowinkidinks you feel like pointing out. i might have felt bad for him at some very earlry point but that has long long passed. i owe him nothing, hes in debt and on the hook to everyone whos every heard of him. im with maynard and find his cleaning up just some selfish self serving bullshit. if it was any other reason he would want to make sure his family and frinnds and fans didnt think it was drugs. bullshit

the noose
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVXTmav24Wk

sorry about that
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbzhISjPBnc

"And maybe I just set aside
The fact that you were broken hearted
In my own special selfish way
And if I hadn't set aside
The fact that you were broken hearted
Hell knows where your heart would be today
Maybe with me"

its not a dog shit!ing razor blades but it still sounds like it hurts

well when you live your mess of a drug life in public and mention not being able to see your daughter in the press for sympathy then it should be fair game for discussion. most of my childhood "friends" are dead from drugs and all of there families are destroyed beyond all recognition and like i said the experience has made me cold to sympathizing with them especially wealthy ones given chance after chance after chance who blow it time after time after time after time despite there claims of love for there families. no i dont know if its drugs for sure but hes used up any benefit of the doubt and brought down by his own hand a all of the suspicion on his own head. private medical reason for not showing up for sure raises my junkie bullshit meter and if so, likely the case, then i dont see how wishing him a bunch more cash is gonna help him or his daughter who is all i would care about anyway in the present situation. f*** your tour and go make up some time with your children or dont as theyre probably better off without your selfish poisonous influence. any personal experience with junkies yourself or is this just some more nonsense cowinkidinks you feel like pointing out. i might have felt bad for him at some very earlry point but that has long long passed. i owe him nothing, hes in debt and on the hook to everyone whos every heard of him. im with maynard and find his cleaning up just some selfish self serving bullshit. if it was any other reason he would want to make sure his family and frinnds and fans didnt think it was drugs. bullshit

the noose
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVXTmav24Wk

Oh, okay. So you just assumed. Maybe you're right; maybe you're wrong. Maybe he had a meltdown of sorts. Who knows. Still what you're saying is pretty shitty. No, I've never dealt with "junkies" before - just kids when I was in high school who played around with LSD. Personally, I've never done drugs before. Scary Stuff! I'll never forget the night I had to calm a poor boy down in a bathroom while at a party. I've never seen anyone fit so tightly against a toilet before. But, when you think gigantic spiders are coming after you...

Oh, and just so you don't have to feel all alone in the "F!uck-me!-the-shit-I've-had-to-deal-with" category I've dealt with some other major problems that have destroyed families before (including my own) that was due to a disease. But, do you know that drug addiction is a disease that needs to be treated? Much like people who suffer from depression and daily suicidal thoughts need help? Or are you too cold to give a shit? Sounds like it.

1. Learn how to type.

2. Learn how to spell.

3. Stop pointing fingers. It's rude.

4. Since you LOVE to post on the forum a million times everyday, why don't you register - if only to properly embed videos?

5. Get a sense a humor.

6. GROW A HEART.

That is all.

Oh, okay. So you just assumed. Maybe you're right; maybe you're wrong. Maybe he had a meltdown of sorts. Who knows. Still what you're saying is pretty shitty. No, I've never dealt with "junkies" before - just kids when I was in high school who played around with LSD. Personally, I've never done drugs before. Scary Stuff! I'll never forget the night I had to calm a poor boy down in a bathroom while at a party. I've never seen anyone fit so tightly against a toilet before. But, when you think gigantic spiders are coming after you...

Oh, and just so you don't have to feel all alone in the "F!uck-me!-the-shit-I've-had-to-deal-with" category I've dealt with some other major problems that have destroyed families before (including my own) that was due to a disease. But, do you know that drug addiction is a disease that needs to be treated? Much like people who suffer from depression and daily suicidal thoughts need help? Or are you too cold to give a shit? Sounds like it.

1. Learn how to type.

2. Learn how to spell.

3. Stop pointing fingers. It's rude.

4. Since you LOVE to post on the forum a million times everyday, why don't you register - if only to properly embed videos?

5. Get a sense a humor.

6. GROW A HEART.

That is all.

i really dont give a f@ck if you care about my spelling or not or my typing or not and i will spell and type as i please and you dont have to read it or address me which is always the case. im not reaching out to you am i. i will point fingers and judge public figures about drugs. i have f***ing people i care about and love on heroin as we speak and yes ive tons and tons of experience in dealing with there bullsh!t which is almost always the same. i dont give a f#ck about embedding videos properly or care to register for your sake. i will use the public website as long as david allows anon posters as its his site. i also have a sense of humor you are just not funny. laughter is an involuntary response so if you were ever funny i wouldnt be able to stop myself from laughing you just fail at it as far as im concerned. if you think wishing money on a guy who decided to get clean in order to go on tour instead of making up that time with his family has a heart then i dont understand you or what you think caring is nor do i care to understand. if you think wishing him a bunch more fame and money is gonna help him in his new sobriety then you really dont know what youre talking about in terms of hard drugs. i dont care about pete or at least i dont care about him more than i care about the innocent people hes hurt over and over again

i really dont give a f@ck if you care about my spelling or not or my typing or not and i will spell and type as i please and you dont have to read it or address me which is always the case. im not reaching out to you am i. i will point fingers and judge public figures about drugs. i have f***ing people i care about and love on heroin as we speak and yes ive tons and tons of experience in dealing with there bullsh!t which is almost always the same. i dont give a f#ck about embedding videos properly or care to register for your sake. i will use the public website as long as david allows anon posters as its his site. i also have a sense of humor you are just not funny. laughter is an involuntary response so if you were ever funny i wouldnt be able to stop myself from laughing you just fail at it as far as im concerned. if you think wishing money on a guy who decided to get clean in order to go on tour instead of making up that time with his family has a heart then i dont understand you or what you think caring is nor do i care to understand. if you think wishing him a bunch more fame and money is gonna help him in his new sobriety then you really dont know what youre talking about in terms of hard drugs. i dont care about pete or at least i dont care about him more than i care about the innocent people hes hurt over and over again

Wishing money?? The only thing I wish for Peter and anyone else, including your miserable bland self, is LUCK.

Wishing money?? The only thing I wish for Peter and anyone else, including your miserable bland self, is LUCK.

luck with what. his album. his career. his earning because rthats why he doing his album. probably not a good thing for a newly sober person to jump back into who cares about his sobriety. i dont care what you think about me or being bland or whatever you think the opposite of bland is or why i would care to try and be it. i made a comment about a public figure and his persistent drug use and horrible behavior to which you felt you needed to respond to me again and then respond again. stop talking to me, ive no interest in talking to you or influencing your opinion of me or convince you of anything. you dont matter to me beyond your purposeful continual petty annoyance and constant need to try and talk to me

Tags
bon jovi emorama fatguyinalittlecoat rulz gr8 tags i have good taste i have terrible taste nugz luvs dmb nugz luvs phish post-count increaser r kellz lyk wut robby=follower she who has good taste this thread is toxic who nose yannisbad ydw an ipod
Back
Top Bottom