What song are you listening to right now?

Did I call Silva for you? Bones heal provided the skulls keep breaking them. It's a sure thing.

Yeah, well no one runs on forever. Chris stomped him twice. Chris will run on for awhile and then it's his turn to lose.

Jesse's song about doubt pretty much sums up my feelings even though I still attend.

The Mephistopheles Of Los Angeles
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EH1e0taLWN0

finally got my manson album from my mothers house and its pretty good. right now i have it at say a three and a half out of five and on par with the high end of low though mellower. not as good as eat me, which i rate as a four out of five, as i love the bluesy goth rock style he did there. this is bluesy as well but much less rock in it. more like the spacier bits of hollywood for reference mixed with the blues of eat me. if anythings different with his albums before this one, its the lack of outright singles but the whloe album as a listen in itself is great with the sequencing just right to hold the listeners attention and make for a satisfying emotionsal bid. the case was pretty cool to. minimal inside for costs im assuming as he released this and born villain on his own label but it was textured with muted glitter and the cover of the disk was black as was the underside which id never seen before which was nice. a couple of weeks and itll be a four im sure. also, one note of advice, theres no real need to get the deluxe as the bonus songs are just acoustic rendings of song from the album and i need more than that to feel satisfied with buying a deluxe edition.

I like the album. It's like Edgar Alan Poe filtered through twentieth century Hollywood, media and cultural American horror. I like 3rd day and Fall of the House of Death. I got the deluxe. I like the acoustic versions better.

Last edited:

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the album. It's like Edgar Alan Poe filtered through twentieth century Hollywood, media and cultural American horror. I like 3rd day and Fall of the House of Death. I got the deluxe. I like the acoustic versions better.

its got a nice build and hook. if a delux just has the acoustic versions, like in the past though some were covers, ill just downoad them somewhere. id rather have b-sides and stuff like that. im kinda surprised hes never put ooout a covers album for a stop gap release or some quick cash grabs for future recordings. hes got a nice list of studio covers already in the bag.

to name some:

sweet dreams
tainted love
down in the park
five to one
highway to hell
justify my love
working class hero
youre so vain
personal jesus
i put a spell on you
this is halloween
surrender
suicide is painless
mind of a lunatic
rock and roll n*****
the kkk stole my baby away
get my rocks off
a rose and a baby ruth
golden years

Faith No More - Motherf***er

Whether it's better or worse than their old stuff I'm not fit to say ... nicely encapsulates a current mood of mine ...

Goodbye motherf***er/my lover/you had it coming ...

U2 - Ultra-Violet

Before U2 became boring ... before Bono became a tax cheat...

One of my favourite songs of desolation ... the opening vocals really do sound as though someone is lamenting while being driven beneath the dusk ...

Sometimes I feel like i don't know/Sometimes I feel like checking out/I wanna get it wrong/Can't always be strong/and love ... it won't be long ...

Gorillaz - Hong Kong

Oriental without being orientialist ...

Reminds me so much of my time in Malaysia with the army ... staring at city lights while guzzling a Tiger longneck at the boozer ...

drag the river - barroom bliss
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72vTtESYixY

this is chad, the singer from all (fred knows)

the words:

"My mind doesn't work so well these day
I drink all my waking hours away
If I sit here long enough
maybe I think of something
that'll makes you stay
something tells me not think at all
I sit in the darkness starin at the wall
This lonliness is hell
I search for drinks and things
to make me well
I spend my life staring
through my bloodshot eyes
I'll never know where I belong
With eyes closed fast
I play photographs of you
You stare at me and wonder
how I'm doing
I tell you that I'm fine
That thought echoes through my empty mind
I close my eyes again
With barroom bliss and a strangers kiss
I'm home
Cause noone ever wants to be alone
I doubt that there is a way
I'll ever speak the words
that'll make you stay
my mind doesnt work so well these days"

Can't turn around. :o

Tags
bon jovi emorama fatguyinalittlecoat rulz gr8 tags i have good taste i have terrible taste nugz luvs dmb nugz luvs phish post-count increaser r kellz lyk wut robby=follower she who has good taste this thread is toxic who nose yannisbad ydw an ipod
Back
Top Bottom