What song are you listening to right now?

Porphyria Cutanea Tarda | AFI

Do any of the TMC fans enjoy Hex at all?
I've always liked the stuff on their first album a lot:

The second album is decent as well, but not as good as the s/t, I think.

NP: Sparks - Angst In My Pants (this album always cheers me up. It's impossible for me to feel pessimistic while listening to it).

Last edited by a moderator:
I am somewhere in this crowd. Happy New Year

The surprise for us occurred around 5 minutes in and the explosion begins around 14 minutes in.

I just bought 'It'll End In Tears' on vinyl a few days ago

every song on that record is amazing, making it probably my favourite thing to ever come out on 4AD.

It's a good'n. Been wanting to buy it from my local shop on vinyl, but there's just so many other priorities ahead of it. Luckily, I think they have a couple of copies, and I have IEIT on tape, so it's not a huge concern, and it's probably not going anywhere. I hate being all panicked that someone's going to buy the records I want from the shop when I don't put them on hold immediately... especially when someone DOES.

How about this 4AD gem?

I still need to listen to them more. I had never heard of them until they were recommended to me on Last.fm, and I only gave them a few cursory listens after seeing the recommendation several times. Seems promising though.

On the subject of RHP, that's a name I've heard countless times in association with 4AD (what a great label... why'd they have to turn so shit later on?), but I've yet to hear them... I'll add them to the mental to-do list.

Also, just so I can get this out of the way right now: Dead Can Dance bore me to tears. Lisa Gerrard's solo work even more so. I like a lot of froofy, limp and subdued "chill out" ambient/ethereal music, but once it starts getting into dull New Age/Neo-Classical/World Music mish-mash territory with overly cold, sharp-edged, sterile production like that, I just can't tolerate it. It's just never been for me...

PS: Anyone like Belly at all? I can understand if not... A hair too "90's Alternative" for me (a bit of a guilty pleasure more than something that makes me cringe personally), but I still like them a lot in spite of it, particularly the album, "Star".

Nothing beats the original. You do know this is an Alex Chilton song, right?

Same band responsible for this masterpiece:

I am forever indebted to 4AD simply for Throwing Muses and Red House Painters.

Where This Mortal Coil are concerned, you can't go wrong with Chris Bell being covered by Tanya Donelly and Kim Deal.

Yes I knew it was a Big Star song. Just never heard it before.

I know Holocaust is a Big Star song and also that Fond Affections is a Rema Rema song, however I just happen to like This Mortal Coil's versions better.
Same with That's Entertainment really, I like The Jam's original but prefer Morrissey's version.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tjKtbCx3piM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Heard it on 6music.

One of the best songs by one of the best bands in the world :)

How about this 4AD gem?

His Name Is Alive! I have Mouth by Mouth on vinyl, too

what's the first song on that record called? The one that goes "breathe the air and walk around...breathe the air and walk around..."

good shit.

Nothing against it, I only say it's a guilty pleasure because I've gotten flack from some people for liking Belly even though they sound "dated".

But then f*** 'em, right?

Tags
bon jovi emorama fatguyinalittlecoat rulz gr8 tags i have good taste i have terrible taste nugz luvs dmb nugz luvs phish post-count increaser r kellz lyk wut robby=follower she who has good taste this thread is toxic who nose yannisbad ydw an ipod
Back
Top Bottom