What song are you listening to right now?

Listening to some swedish music sung in swedish, this time the local band KENT who celebrated winter 10 years ago by releasing this song called "VinterNoll2" (Winter02). These lads are about 2-3 years younger than me and I think all but one went to the same school as me as well. The singers girlfriend lived next door to me and my mother but I only knew she was with him when they got a kid many years later reading about it online. Lovely girl who was a talented swimmer and was mentioned in the local papers when she went to USA to combine her swimming with studies.

Nowadays she works for a record company in Stockholm and mothers the child of her famous boyfriend cause while the other band members got married he's still to pop the question to her and if he asked me I'd say go ahead cause she was always lovely to me saying hello and smiling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IoKYLqGaPc

---Urbanus

LOVE this song! :) Such a shame... about Smithy and Moz... that feud between two great artists. :( Wish they'd just hug and get it over with. :love:

Like this? :D

ARI, this is one of my fave Cure songs... ol' school... like me. Ha!

Great song with a great music video.

Talking about ol' school ;) ... here's my personal No. 1 off Three Imaginary Boys:

Last edited by a moderator:

Exactly like that! :lbf:

Great song with a great music video.

Talking about ol' school ;) ... here's my personal No. 1 off Three Imaginary Boys:

Brilliant. Love that song!

Here's another classic from that era...

l.jpg

Listening to some swedish music sung in swedish, this time the local band KENT who celebrated winter 10 years ago by releasing this song called "VinterNoll2" (Winter02). These lads are about 2-3 years younger than me and I think all but one went to the same school as me as well. The singers girlfriend lived next door to me and my mother but I only knew she was with him when they got a kid many years later reading about it online. Lovely girl who was a talented swimmer and was mentioned in the local papers when she went to USA to combine her swimming with studies.

Nowadays she works for a record company in Stockholm and mothers the child of her famous boyfriend cause while the other band members got married he's still to pop the question to her and if he asked me I'd say go ahead cause she was always lovely to me saying hello and smiling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IoKYLqGaPc

---Urbanus

Great song! I love your little stories to go with the songs. :)

H8RZ STEP BACK:

Her voice actually works very well in this song... It's almost like a really monotone Elizabeth Fraser. Fits with the twinkly "electro" backing music. It's got a neat mix of melody and detached coldness. Probably really fun under the influence of some kind of synthetic chemicals I wouldn't know anything about...

H8RZ STEP BACK:

Her voice actually works very well in this song... It's almost like a really monotone Elizabeth Fraser. Fits with the twinkly "electro" backing music. It's got a neat mix of melody and detached coldness. Probably really fun under the influence of some kind of synthetic chemicals I wouldn't know anything about...

The lifeless of this interpretation is kind of an insult to the original in my opinion, but to each his own. And goddamn that girl is hot.

I'll run around in circles
'Til I run out of breath
I'll eat you all up
Or I'll just hug you to death
:lbf:

Night falls, morning calls
A sleepy tune

You are the sun
I am the moon
You are the words
I am the tune
Play me

The lifeless of this interpretation is kind of an insult to the original in my opinion, but to each his own. And goddamn that girl is hot.

Yes, I should've specified that I like it as "its own song", but I agree completely that it should not (cannot be) compared with the original, or even the Ramones cover.
I might agree with the second statement if I weren't such an avid reader of BUTT Magazine, but she also kind of vaguely resembles my sister, so me thinking of her as "hot" is just way too creepy.

Great song! I love your little stories to go with the songs. :)

Oh you're just saying that finding me incredibly tedious :)

I listened to a number of KENT tunes and ended it with a live version of the song "747", a kind of tribute to Boeing 747 that they usually always end live gigs with. On the record the song is 7:47 long and became a kind of farewell anthem at gigs. Here they end their gig in Stockholm back in May with it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmKJpRwEIaM

They are considered to be the best band in Sweden by media who always follow their every move. They did release an english version of the album that features the 747 song but I think every KENT fan would agree they were made for swedish.

I also add the funniest video they made so far from an album where the cover was a sort of tribute to Ingmar Bergman. The song is called "Max 500" which was an illegal club that I actually visited once when me and some friends planned to start a band.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPfDgeAvFLo

---Urbanus

And if you'd 'a took to me like
A gull takes to the wind
Well, I'd 'a jumped from my tree
And I'd a danced like the king of the eyesores
:D

Tags
bon jovi emorama fatguyinalittlecoat rulz gr8 tags i have good taste i have terrible taste nugz luvs dmb nugz luvs phish post-count increaser r kellz lyk wut robby=follower she who has good taste this thread is toxic who nose yannisbad ydw an ipod
Back
Top Bottom