Piece of Morrissey's shirt for sale

sid james said:
Call me morbid, call me pale, but I can't quite understand those who fight like demons for the honour of grabbing a fistful of Morrisseys sweat-drenched shirt material. What does one do with it afterwards (besides flog it on ebay?)

I guess it's nice to have... I'd understand why someone would want a piece (like I would love to have a piece)
It would be much easier to stop these sad sellers by not buying it!
what fun is in that?

Joe Dolan said:
I wonder what I'd get for this then (not that I'd ever consider selling):

I was just wondering... you know how people keep their little pieces of shirt in cute little boxes and stuff...
but where do you keep THAT?! just hanging around in your closet with the rest of your clothes? ;)

dallow_bg said:
Hey Math, we know that guy!

That's Bryce from Atlanta, he was right in front of us in line at the Tulsa gig.
Shaved head, etc.

Bryce! Did you grab more of the shirt and are just selling off a piece of it? Why sell?

Anyway, hope you're doing ok.

Bryan, how's life? I didn't get any other part of his shirt, just the button. The thing makes me nervous though. It's too small. I'm hoping someone will bid high so I can afford this.

yo, Bryce, nice to see your name again. I lost your email address after we parted ways in that dubious Tulsa Irish bar. Why sell the shirtpiece to buy a print, though? The Cummins photograph can be printed again and again, while the shirt is finite. (Incidentally, that's also obviously a solo snap of Moz... why is it filed under 'The Smiths'?)

Brian (Bryan?), how in hell did you know that was Bryce's piece of shirt?! How could you tell?

Odd to think I briefly held that piece in my hand in the lobby of the Tulsa Crowne Plaza... that's the one right?

love
math+

Trouble with buying second hand pieces of shirt is you have absolutely no way of knowing if they are genuine or not. I can imagine getting a piece of shirt first hand might be a nice momento, but buying it on ebay seems about as pointless to me as buying a copy of Morrissey's signature rather than getting it first hand.

lightupvirginmary said:
We got a bit of Moz's pale blue gucci shirt last night at Alexandra Palace and I'd never sell it!
The whole point is you have to fight for it (or get your boyfriend to (ahem!)
Plus that's not a bit of shirt, that's a button!

Hey, I got a piece too and yes, it was a fight for it. I do not recall any of the encore as I was too busy holding on. I got the a cuff (double button holes but no buttons) with a third of the rest of the sleeve up to the armpit. It was still damp from Morrisseys sweat. Funnily though, it did not (and still does not) smell sweaty;

I am never going to sell it but frame it with my ticket and hopefully a picture of him from the gig wearing the shirt.

I held on to the sleeve for ages until a kind person offered to cut it with a key as long as he could have a piece for himself.

Unfortunately I lost my glasses in the process and I later found half of them on the floor but hey, I can buy new glasses.

Porly said:
Hey, I got a piece too and yes, it was a fight for it. I do not recall any of the encore as I was too busy holding on. I got the a cuff (double button holes but no buttons) with a third of the rest of the sleeve up to the armpit. It was still damp from Morrisseys sweat. Funnily though, it did not (and still does not) smell sweaty;

I am never going to sell it but frame it with my ticket and hopefully a picture of him from the gig wearing the shirt.

I held on to the sleeve for ages until a kind person offered to cut it with a key as long as he could have a piece for himself.

Unfortunately I lost my glasses in the process and I later found half of them on the floor but hey, I can buy new glasses.

I think this was the same bit my boyfriend got, the tall skinny guy with dark curly hair.
Sharing is good! :)

Moz Shirts

I was fortunate to get his blue Gucci shirt fully intact on Saturday in Whitehaven. I also got his blue & white stripy Paul Smith shirt with a frilly bit down the front in Glasgow Barrowland 2002.

Also got a small piece of blue shirt(don't know what make) in Paisley in 2004 as with a small piece of pink Gucci shirt at the Royal Albert HAll 2002.

It's strange but when Moz throws a shirt into the crowd, people turn into rabid dogs! I was almost strangled in Paisley 2004!

lightupvirginmary said:
I think this was the same bit my boyfriend got, the tall skinny guy with dark curly hair.
Sharing is good! :)

Please thank your boyfriend for me. Those Gucci shirts must be well put together as the shirt was not ripping "Till you came, with the key".

I've got some toilet paper from when Morrissey took a shit @ the Yoshinoya on Sunset, I'll sell it to you if you're interested? C'mon f***stains, this is a stupid topic that didn't need to be posted here. It warrants a response like this from me. You guys know better. I also have one of Morrissey's socks for sale, anyone interested? I stole it from his car one day.:rolleyes:

Mr.Improper PIMP..mofo said:
I've got some toilet paper from when Morrissey took a shit @ the Yoshinoya on Sunset, I'll sell it to you if you're interested? C'mon f***stains, this is a stupid topic that didn't need to be posted here. It warrants a response like this from me. You guys know better. I also have one of Morrissey's socks for sale, anyone interested? I stole it from his car one day.:rolleyes:

There's always one!

Porly, I shall. :D In fact I'm getting him to post on here too! The new boards are cool.

Porly said:
Well, so far I have only found 3 pictures containing my bit of shirt from Ally Pally on this page

http://www.morrisseytour.com/news/

I have attached the best one but if anyone can point me in the direction of others I will be grateful.

I sat next to someone on the bus home who had some great pics from Ally Pally! She said she was going to post them so I hope she does.

Aly Panic said:
Have you ever got a piece of Morrissey's shirt and what have you done with it?

I got a chunk of his pink shirt from Bradford in 2002, I gave some of it away but I've since mislaid it, I'll be in the back of a draw or something.

I got a nice piece of his dark red shirt at the 1991 (!) concert in Hamburg, Germany. That was the same day I got my autograph and held it into someone's camera lense...only to find out (15 years later) that I had ended up on the "Pregnant for the last time" video, hahaha! Yes, that's me holding that small piece of paper with MORRISSEY scribbled on it into the camera... *sigh* where have all the years gone...:)
I still have the bit of shirt, of course. I keep it in a fancy little wooden box.

Mr.Improper PIMP..mofo said:
If your not interested in personal souvenirs then why is there a Decker horse brush and a doggy diaper in your sock drawer?:confused:

Apollo sleave ...

I have half a red sleave (i think, could be the back) from the final shirt to be thrown on Saturdays Apollo outing (it took some doing) ...

As for what I'm going to do with it ... well I'd never sell it. It's going to be framed with a gig poster and my ticket (after being screened for Moz DNA ofcourse).

I'm still curious what someone would pay for it tho?

Porly, here's a different pic of Moz in 'our' shirt!
mozshirt2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom