Members Pics

925599_288327618044506_481512687_n.jpg

Always nice to find a mug with your name on it!

hey fiona. you look super cool and do look like rb in her sig pic. im not gonna make an account or post a lot of pics of myself as i didnt like the way that went before but ill show you what i look like as i like you a lot and want you to be able to put a face to my very obvious writing. ill be an anon but itll be pretty easy to tell who i am when im talking to you. hope it helps and keep posting as agin i like you much. you seem to not worry about embarrassment or shame, i know, which is a great thing.

297367_10150299079575947_914277643_n.jpg

this is when a friend asked us to model a few years ago for her site. shes been a friend a long time now and shot our wedding so we kinda owed her. otherwise im not very fond of pics of myself. also just for fun ill includ one of rachel as i just liked the photo etc.

178977_4601135142856_2070599150_n.jpg

yeah shes gonna hate me for this and i know ill tell her when she gets home. oh well

Anon above: Thank you very much for your kind words and for sharing the gorgeous photos :) I'm a new member here and was hoping to get to know other Morrissey fans. They are lovely photos by the way. How long have you been a fan?

Last edited:
when i was about twenty or twenty one i think is when i first bought a best of as a sorta. around here you were only gonna here how soon is now on the radio which i did several times in my youth and it stuck hard even though i didnt know it at the time. so my dad was a serious music obsessive and made me listen over my protests to blues and jazz records until i couldnt forget them. he was also really into folk music country rock and psych rock all pre 1980's definition so i had an unconscious appreciation for music that was silently growing inside me when i didnt know it. so i didnt listen to any music that they didnt play me. we didnt have cabel or radio stations as i grew up in a really really backwoods part of america (they still have dial up internet there and i was purposly raised outside of the modern world). so anyway i eventually got into hardcore and skate punk around 18 but i never shook off how soon is now as it sounded so confident and alluring to me. i eventually just searched the album out that had it and i only knew of the best of and it had it so i bought it and listened. it took a while to grow on me as we did not have indie pop here except in certain places, it was mostly mid century rock. other songs started to grow on me and my girlfriend at the time keep getting more and more annoyed at me playing it all the time. long story short im a huge moz fan and havent seen her since. this charming man was a hit got me because of the lyrics which seemed so knowing and openly brazenly honest about himself and the situation. once i found out that jumped up pantry boy a reference to a novel i was hooked. i also finally got the will nature make a man of me yet as i was frequently called a sissy bit#H a lot of the time by male stereotypes and just harassed all the time. as a result i now get very angry when i see people being victimized so when i got the lyrics to hand in glove it was over. i should say that when i got the first album i was little confused as some songs only seemed half done but meat is murder sealed it. i gotta go now but ill be back fiona. have a lovely time while im gone

Hey Anon, thanks for your reply. Can I ask what part of the world you are from, then?

I can tell you, I do relate to your comments about getting negative reactions from others when you don't fit into a stereotype. As a young woman who is nothing like many of my friends and family members, I used to receive a lot of judgemental and negative comments. I'm a bit of a book nerd- when friends were out at parties and clubs, I'd have my nose in a good book at home. Friends were into romantic movies and comedies, I loved hard-core horror and anything dark and sinister. Family wanted me to nose-dive into certain careers: I am a writer and won't budge on my art. Friends who, amongst none of them were vegetarian, would tease me. It's just general issues, nothing really personal or deep, but I certainly know what it's like to not quite fit into a stereotype around others.

I think that's why Morrissey speaks to me on a personal level. He is so anti-establishment, so NOT afraid to be himself, even when judged or condemned by others. I find him as a person, as well as an amazing music artists, VERY inspiring.

Is your wife a Morrissey fan?

im from maryland in the usa. specifically baltimore these days, last five years, but i grew up on the eastern shore which is very different and opposed to the rest of the state (were the red side if you get my meaning). its a peninsula which is whats so restrictive to the internet getting put in a lot of places. im from cambride, tayors island and wolford specifically. cambridge is a very small town but its in the second poorest county in maryland and theres lots of violence. from statistics it got named the fourth most dangerous city in maryland this year and its like a super small town. trucks and muddin and skinnin muskrats is very common here. the public "education" is all very poor and mostly a joke to anyone who cares. its still very segregated and in the fifties we had a bunch of race riots when the fire department refused to put put fires in black neighborhoods and so they rioted and burned down a bunch of stuff. i grew up in an all black neighbor hood in public housing so redenecks hated and harassed me constantly for that but the black community was very accepting so i kinda relate to black people more naturally than whites. like if there were two groups of friends in the lunch room one white and one black i would try to go to the black table which can cause some funny looks at first. you cant grow up there unaffected by the place as theres nowhere there to hide away. i also have a sister very close in age, irish twins blah blah, and we exchanged a lot of gender traits so i didnt know i was supposed to act like a guy i guess (she ended writing her master thesis on this subject i think). when i was ten we bought a house way out in the country so that meant i got even more closely transplanted to rednecks which was not fun as theres not a lot of people around in the middle of nowhere except rednecks. if youve ever read jacob have i loved thats very close to where i grew up. its on the choptank river so weve got lots of od school ewatermen everywher. its in my blood and i have a very very conflicted relationship with the place. still got out as fast as i possible could. i was also raised by hippies dead heads in the early eighties so that didnt help with the sticking out to rednecks. when you father has hair to his waist in places like that you might stand out lol. no tv no phone no modern stuff, cinder block shelves and homemade clothing. they were big on education though and we were kept very busy so that was my way out even if i didnt know it at that time. im still very conflicted by the place and people and those i still know stuck there.

id suggest looking it up online for more info as its become something of a rarity in the modern world. when the internet went everywhere it changed a lot of places. they might still be isolated by geography but the same info goes everywhere so in terms of news and cultural impact they still know the same news as everyone and are influenced in sorta the same way at the same time. where im from even now is still culturally and mentally way back in time. add that to extreme poverty and a bunch of drugs smuggled in through the many many waterways and it does not add up to anything good. even though i dont care for the place it super effects me. part of the novel im now currently writing called first place will take place on the eastern shore of maryland and be used as unique cultural context that undoubtedly effects you forever.

"if you’re looking for a safe place to call home in the beautiful state of Maryland, you might want to take note of these less-than-safe locales."
http://www.movoto.com/md/most-dangerous-places-in-maryland/

funny i moved from number five on this chart to number two but at least im in the posh end of the city now.

Your experiences growing up are eye-opening. I've heard stories before, about certain towns/cities, and even countries, that are almost like a world of their own; they are so different and encapsulate such a different mentality from other parts of the world, that unless you are a part of it yourself, you can hardly believe it exists. I cannot even imagine a place where Fire fighters would refuse to work in "black communities." It's so inhumane.

My own upbringing is so beige and normal it's embarrassing, but in a sense the normality showed me exactly what I wanted NOT to do with my life.
I grew up just outside of London, until I two years ago, when I moved to South. Where I live is beautiful- I mean the landscape. The sea views. I am only a few minutes walk away from the beach and I feel blessed for that, but there is not much here. Actually, every time I listen to Morrissey's "Everyday is Like Sunday," I think of this place. It seems so....quaint and end-of-the-world in it's picturesqueness.

I'm glad that you are happier where you are living now. Location can really truly have an impact on your own personal life and well-being.

Last edited:
well its been weird. i havent been a part that "world" now for a while but it stays with you. for instance i can sense when its about to go down and i can size people up very quickly in terms of there threat level to my person and i dont think ill ever go out anywhere to anything without my knife (at least its a fancier one now). but im also smart and charming and people say not that bad looking so that also opened up some places for me that wouldnt have been open to others. i then married into a wealthier family who through a real estate deal has become even more wealthy so it all changed and changed again. i often feel conflicted and in a no mans zone where ever i go in either world. i often feel adrift and unbeholden. i also will seriously loose my temper in some places that i shouldnt so that reflex instilled from where grew up still comes out sometimes. mostly when i see people being taken advantage of. anyway my wife made me go to college cause otherwise i wouldnt have ever thought about it so im very grateful for her. life huh. anyway i m off but well talk later and i want to hear about your books so be prepared to talk. later fiona

Why the need for all of those damn knick knacks?

I dunno, I don't judge, I just clean and organize it. They're oil burners that make the house smell. You should see her mask collection.

16031091765_e4657dcb56_b.jpg

My boss is rad and weird. She can walk up to that wall of stuff, all collected from birding the world, and pick up a wood carved figurine and say "We got this on the sixth day of our second trip in Namibia from a little boy carrying a plastic bag and traded two tennis balls for it which are worth more than money there." And I'll be like, "Wow, okay, so where do you want me to put it?" "On the second shelf in the foyer like we do every February, Amie. Geez."

16030414102_4508735851_b.jpg

She's got some dumdum making her cards. :cool:

15411459103_30425c5192_b.jpg

I dunno, I don't judge, I just clean and organize it. They're oil burners that make the house smell. You should see her mask collection.

16031091765_e4657dcb56_b.jpg

My boss is rad and weird. She can walk up to that wall of stuff, all collected from birding the world, and pick up a wood carved figurine and say "We got this on the sixth day of our second trip in Namibia from a little boy carrying a plastic bag and traded two tennis balls for it which are worth more than money there." And I'll be like, "Wow, okay, so where do you want me to put it?" "On the second shelf in the foyer like we do every February, Amie. Geez."

16030414102_4508735851_b.jpg

She's got some dumdum making her cards. :cool:

15411459103_30425c5192_b.jpg

The amount of crap in that house is making me nervous.

wysiwyg

16213031866_1d7c75aaa6_b.jpg

Tags
*ga23 lose *the chin thing babes! ban benandrus beards r cool cute people piss me off dazzak <3 dazzak come home ebola>>>robby flattery&that fuck me good the bad and the ugly im a abused tag immodesty=ugly no flirting tnx showusyourrack skinner is hot stfusuperhans ydw nekkid pics
Back
Top Bottom