Members Pics

Hey guys I went to the mall today and got this dress. Do you like it? The lighting's weird in my house so my hair looks really dark.

14508563928_059a1277cf_c.jpg

Another oldie! Is this the right thread? I'm in the first picture, so I'm putting it here. Where I go, my giant Morrissey head goes. I wish I had photos of it in situ between 1993 and 2010! I'm still trying to find its 2014 spot…

2yl1gs0.jpg

p.s. I got a quote for having him framed last year. It was going to cost $1300 (!!!) for even the most basic frame at this size, so it's just gonna be lattice strips and binder clips until I win the lottery that I never bother to play.

Last edited:
I got a quote for having him framed last year. It was going to cost $1300 (!!!) for even the most basic frame at this size, so it's just gonna be lattice strips and binder clips until I win the lottery that I never bother to play.

Were you having it linen backed and repaired? If not, then that is way, way, WAY overpriced. Even for NYC. Have you tried movie poster places, like Poteritati in the city? They might be ably to recommend someone who can do it for a reasonable price. I have several large poster that were professionally framed. Im imagine thats roughy a 60 x 40 subway poster? Something like that should run 500 to 650 as long as you aren't doing any type of archival mount. This is 60 x 40 and it cost me about 550 bucks because it was a basic frame:
photo 1.jpg

Another oldie! Is this the right thread? I'm in the first picture, so I'm putting it here. Where I go, my giant Morrissey head goes. I wish I had photos of it in situ between 1993 and 2010! I'm still trying to find its 2014 spot…

2yl1gs0.jpg

p.s. I got a quote for having him framed last year. It was going to cost $1300 (!!!) for even the most basic frame at this size, so it's just gonna be lattice strips and binder clips until I win the lottery that I never bother to play.

I have several of those huge Morrissey posters, including that one. It's nice that yours is in such great condition. Mine really show their age and what they've been through all of these years. Your bedroom looked much like my bedroom in 93 :) I guess most of us here had walls covered in Morrissey/Smiths and Cure posters...

Were you having it linen backed and repaired? If not, then that is way, way, WAY overpriced. Even for NYC. Have you tried movie poster places, like Poteritati in the city? They might be ably to recommend someone who can do it for a reasonable price. I have several large poster that were professionally framed. Im imagine thats roughy a 60 x 40 subway poster? Something like that should run 500 to 650 as long as you aren't doing any type of archival mount. This is 60 x 40 and it cost me about 550 bucks because it was a basic frame:
View attachment 32315

No, I didn't go anywhere in Manhattan. I was limiting myself to places I can walk to (and from, while carrying a giant frame) in Brooklyn, since otherwise I can't see how I'd get it home without hiring someone with a van to do the delivery for me. I guess at the end of the day paying $100 for delivery is probably worth it if I'm getting a better deal on the framing, though! And no, no archival mount or linen backing—there's too much tape on the back of the poster for them to use any kind of heat process.

I'll check with Posteritati, thanks!! Your frame looks great.

I have several of those huge Morrissey posters, including that one. It's nice that yours is in such great condition. Mine really show their age and what they've been through all of these years.

It's actually in pretty bad condition (the back is COVERED with tape!), but, much like my face, it looks pretty good if it's photographed from a safe distance. Here's a close-up (of the poster, not my face)…

ourfrank_closeup.jpg

It's actually in pretty bad condition (the back is COVERED with tape!), but, much like my face, it looks pretty good if it's photographed from a safe distance. Here's a close-up (of the poster, not my face)…

View attachment 32316

This is the members pics thread, let's see your face up close. :D

I had only one Morrissey poster and I can never find it. The Comtesse Despair found it once for me but I think she shut her site down. I bought it at a music/tshirt store on Melrose in the early 90s when my friends were shopping for vinyl. It was back when there were only about five posters available and all of them "looked too sexy" to put up in my bedroom because he was shirtless or sticking his tongue out. The one I bought was the conservative one of him standing in a blue blazer and black pants with a white background just standing sorta smiling. I loved it. It was on the back of my door so I saw it when the room was closed. I'd frame it and put it up today if I could find it. You couldn't just go on the internet and see a pic back then, it was like my first frink thread entry.

Last edited:

2yl1gs0.jpg

you're like some kind of internet celebrity because I've totally seen this somewhere before : O

mine is from 1989. edited so as not to frighten children.

ohmygoth.jpg

This is the members pics thread, let's see your face up close. :D

OK, this one is blown out enough that I look less haggard than a wrinkled poster...

chickpeaface.jpg

The one I bought was the conservative one of him standing in a blue blazer and black pants with a white background just standing sorta smiling. I loved it. It was on the back of my door so I saw it when the room was closed. I'd frame it and put it up today if I could find it. You couldn't just go on the internet and see a pic back then, it was like my first frink thread entry.

I'm trying to think of what poster that is! It's not ringing a bell! I miss the days of shopping for posters and stuff. I got all of the big ones from record store displays, but I loved flipping through the racks at mall stores and hoping to find a Cure or Moz poster in amongst the Terence Trent D'Arby and Tiffany…

you're like some kind of internet celebrity because I've totally seen this somewhere before : O

I don't think I've posted it anywhere other than my blog!

View attachment 32317

I love this!!! I bet you're wearing Revlon Raisin Rage lipstick. I had (still have, actually) all three of these posters. The "autograph" one on the right was a personal favorite! Also, purple walls: YES. :thumb:

View attachment 32317
I still have that Morrissey poster (it's one that I want to frame). It's actually in very good condition. I had both of those Cure posters! And, I agree with Chickpea, I LOVE the purple walls. :)

View attachment 32316

Ah - yes. The really huge posters like that were hard to care for because they were so heavy. I know what you mean about the tape!! Loads of it! I have all of my posters neatly rolled and put away, but there are a few that I'd love to get framed. People ask me why I don't just get rid of them instead of moving them around every where I go, but...I just can't do it! They are a part of me and a good time in my life I'd like to remember.

2yl1gs0.jpg

Nice. I had one of the KU album cover, and a Strangeways one I bought in Fairmount.

Lost a thousand moves ago...

Tags
*ga23 lose *the chin thing babes! ban benandrus beards r cool cute people piss me off dazzak <3 dazzak come home ebola>>>robby flattery&that fuck me good the bad and the ugly im a abused tag immodesty=ugly no flirting tnx showusyourrack skinner is hot stfusuperhans ydw nekkid pics
Back
Top Bottom