moz tired ?

I wouldn't think so.

I don't wish to sound flippant, but he's singing for, what, an hour and 10 minutes?

It's not like he does any real work. :p

I feel that if you are going to charge people to come to your show you should put on a complete show. When you start doing shows for free and you don't feel like doing an encore for whatever reason, then you have every right.

I don't know why Morrissey didn't do an encore but there really is no excuse when the show is as short as it is to begin with.

I doubt he's tired to be honest. Time will tell, hopefully he will get back to winning ways tonight.

I don't think he's tired. I think he's taking the piss a bit to be honest. Like Maradona said, he doesn't really do much. Sings and walks around the stage a bit, shakes a few hands?!! Wow.

To be fair I think there's a bit more involved than the hour and a bit the fans see. Soundcheck for example. Today he's had to travel all the way down to London, check into a hotel, do a soundcheck before he actually gets to the show itself. He hasn't got a magic transporter to get him from city to city.

He's not exactly a pensioner, but the man isn't as young as he used to be. There should be maybe a week's rest in between all these dates to get his energy back.

Yes I agree too much in too short a timeframe.

When I saw the tour schedule for the first time I did wonder whether or not he would manage to play all the dates, so far so good but as they say it's a young mans' game and looking at the venues and the travel needs it must be punishing to say the least. I wouldn't be surprised if someone somewhere misses out. I do hope not but it is a lot of very dispersed shows and by some accounts the sound hasn't been great in at least two of the venues so far so maybe things are being overlooked and soundchecks are not as rigorous as could be. Fingers well and truly crossed for the remainder of the tour!

he's luckier than most in regards to the tour schedule. at least he's going to be put up in a great hotel and the UK is so small that it's not like they have to spend 12 hours on the road in one direction.

it isn't like the majority of bands who get a small, smelly van and who have to rely upon local fans who'll let them sleep on their floor.

Two nights in a row would be a lot easier for him and he would perform better I reckon but then the expenses would cost more

Young And Alive said:
He's not exactly a pensioner, but the man isn't as young as he used to be. There should be maybe a week's rest in between all these dates to get his energy back.

When a band like Rush who are all in their 50's can play a 3 hour show and smoke tons of pot, I'm not going to be one to take in the excuses about his age.

Even Mick Jagger plays a long set.

I wish I could work 75 minutes a day for a whopping 3 days in a row before needing a day off!

wouldn't you be tired with the typical calibre of fans Moz has? LOL I could name a few people but i won't lol

I don't think he is tired. I think he pretty much knows what he is capable of doing after 20 years in the business. I think something or someone pissed him off last night and that's why there was no encore. To be honest I'm amazed he keeps his cool with some of the things people shout out at him. If that was me I'd be off home within the first ten minutes. I certainly wouldn't put up with people deliberately throwing beer at me. All my gigs would be quarter of an hour tops. ;)

He might be playing 3 nights in a row, but he's getting proper rest... Seriously: you think he's spending his hours on some crappy tourbus with homemade sandwiches?

Anyway... the show isn't too short at all. I wouldn't mind a song or 2 extra, but that's pretty much the limit.
Really: no one can enjoy 2 or 3 whole hours... Yes EVEN if it is Morrissey.
It would get dull and most importantly HE wouldn't enjoy it, so how could the crowd possibly enjoy it?

Back
Top Bottom