No phones?

N

Nicole

Hi, is it true people are not being allowed to take their camera phones into the concerts? I don't want to use mine coz the quality is usually rubbish anyway but I need it to help me get home! Could someone tell me how strict they are being?

Aberdeen was very lax on security, instead of searching my bag, the security wifey asked if I had any recording or audio equipment in my bag, I said yeah there's probably a camera in there, she wasn't bothered at all, just said "don't use it then ok".

Stirling was completely different. Security came out with a list of what was not allowed in..that included mobile phones with cameras, cameras, bottles, food, and flowers (ffs!!) When entering the venue though, I was only asked if I had a mobile, there was no body searches or anything. You were asked to hand anything in that was on the banned list, and got it back at the end though.

I think Glasgow will be quite strict. When we saw Placebo there a few weeks ago, they did the body search thing and asked to open handbags. It actually says on the tickets that no bags are allowed, but jeez what's a woman to do?

Good luck anyway!

> Hi, is it true people are not being allowed to take their camera phones
> into the concerts? I don't want to use mine coz the quality is usually
> rubbish anyway but I need it to help me get home! Could someone tell me
> how strict they are being?

Must be very strict in UK, then. In Finland the security staff were very helpful: they said that cameras, even digital cameras were okay. They told that only professional camera equipment wasn't allowed in. Plenty of people asked the security if it's ok to take photos and they said fine, they even dodged so people could get better shots. I think that in here the staff can't take away mobile cameras, they have no right to do that but they can take away digital cameras.

> Hi, is it true people are not being allowed to take their camera phones
> into the concerts? I don't want to use mine coz the quality is usually
> rubbish anyway but I need it to help me get home! Could someone tell me
> how strict they are being?
they were searching people at the Lowry......in case they brought food into the venue!

> they were searching people at the Lowry......in case they brought food
> into the venue!

Yup, I had a bottle of diet coke confiscated. Never even asked about cameras.

> Whats the chance of getting a dictaphone in?

I'd just use your finger, like everybody else.

BA BOOM!

I think that because Grimsby Auditorium isn't a very big venue they'll let us use camera's. I hope they do anyway.

> I'd just use your finger, like everybody else.

> BA BOOM!

HA HA

Seriously though whats the chances?

> HA HA

> Seriously though whats the chances?

I've not seen a dictaphone in about 20 years, depends what size it is and if you can conceal it in your bra/knickers/cargo trousers. It's always worth a shot i suppose!

Back
Top Bottom